HAWKINS PERSONNEL Employee Reviews

Depends on Placement
Assign to Catipilar in Seguin Tx (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78130July 13, 2017
Hawkins Personnel Group as a whole is a great company. Improvements can be made to better the awareness of type of position you are being placed at. More upfront knowledge of type of work and task a person will be doing while being assign.
Pros
Jobs are always available
Cons
More information as to the type of work or task to be perform would be helpful prior to assignment.
Temp
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 11, 2017
It is a temporary placement company good people the work for under the fact that you understand it not long-term or you are work for a company the you want to git hired on to
assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 30, 2017
I worked on a line and placed zip lock bags in boxes it was friendly but was just now for me. Did not see any life changing career goals here but it was an easy friends job
Good Place to work for.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Hawkins is a Temp Company and is reliable to find people jobs. They can find jobs quickly and they can also put you in a job that is suitable for you. All jobs are Temp to Hire.
Warning: Stay away from this job
Shunt Driver (Former Employee) –  Toyota Center, TXDecember 15, 2016
Slave Job. You are a number and they treat you like a machine. Long work hours, short breaks . Low pay. No benefits . Bad equipment. Stressful job.

U Are assigned to work at Toyota plant. U drive a Yard truck and move trailers to the dock and yard. U are constantly move around the plant. Never get used to it to one area . The safety is they major concern . Very low pay , no benefits ...

Slave Job my worst experience ever.. Do not apply never..
Pros
Nothing...
Cons
Short breaks, Long hours work
Review
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2016
My overall experience was good. I was able to work with great staff and developed professional relationships. Enjoyed the location and clients.
Good at placing me at local jobs
Temporary worker (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TX, Marion, TXSeptember 10, 2016
Dependable hourly work. I learned that each company I worked for has its own philosophy that it strives ti live. Management was active in working with me. My co-workers came from a variety of walks of life and reminded me that personal circumstances brings people together to learn from each others experiences. The hardest part of working with this agency was the types of jobs offered did not utilize my offering of skill sets to their fullest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the surprising types of work that enabled me to self-evaluate and motivate me to shoot for what I really wanted to do.
Pros
Free ice, set schedules
Cons
long hours, not much upward mobility
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2016
This is a great temp service to work for. Great staff, weekly pay, and great benefits. They will find you a job in no time and they will try to get you the best pay possible
Pros
They try to keep you working
Cons
It is a temp agency so you do not have stability per say
Provided IT support to customers
IT Support Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2016
This company was awesome with early direct deposit. However, it seems that some information was not always communicated throughout the company.
Lacked advancement and development opportunities
Personnel Supervisor / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 12, 2016
The typical work day consists of back-to-back interviews, great client relationships, exceptional communication and support from other Hawkins branches. However, Hawkins Personnel lacks a sales and marketing team resulting in only two clients that had minimal weekly staffing needs. Hawkins upper management out of the corporate office in San Antonio is disconnected with their branches and client needs resulting in a strained work environment.
Pros
competitive compensation
Cons
unprofessional and lack of support from upper management
My Day Hawkins Personnel Service
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Operate production equipment; wafer saws to trim and form desired product

Utilize other back-end manufacturing equipment as well as hand-held devices

Utilize factory systems and various requirement used at station

Assist in training less experienced personnel

Performs other duties as assigned

Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2015
Nice environment, clean, atmosphere was relaxing a typical day at work was non stressful. The learning experience was at its highest in telemarketing and the classes were very educational and prepared us for other future jobs to further our careers. Co workers were alright the hardest part of the job wasn't much of anything. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to engage with customers.
Clerical
Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 15, 2015
Assist companies on a temporary basis while they had extra job or where short staffed. I would be assigned to multiple companies to complete assignments based on a deadline.
Pros
multiple companies
Cons
only temporary work
Im not happy with this company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round RockMarch 31, 2015
Hawkin's made benefit's available in the end of my contract.I have two children. Not good! Also they shredded my original documents. That is odd.
temporary job
Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  new braunfels txSeptember 24, 2014
learned new things
property taxes and motor vehicles renewal
dealerships titles
customer service
enjoyable having holidays off and close to home
Not too great as far as security or advancement
Packer (Former Employee) –  Nixon, TXDecember 7, 2013
My time here was spent working as a temp kind of employee. The pay was ok but the hours were excessively long and the time away from families and loved ones caused a bit of a strain.
Pros
great pay
Cons
hours
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayNovember 15, 2013
Be careful when working for this company. This particular site in Temple is overseen by a micro managed , over stressed lady who has nothing better to do than breath down your throat not to mention low ball you in salary! I have learned what not to look for in my future employers. Not only are they cheap when it comes to pay, but have no empathy! Applicant beware, its a cheap staffing agency to say the least!
just a temp service
tempservice employee (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJune 18, 2013
only got you temp workand always getting layed off or let go. a temp srvc iswhat it is
Pros
always had work
Cons
just never anywhere long
Ok
Contractual Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Drove forklift
Nights
Press tablets and did production
Use pallet jack
Hour lunches
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Coleman
Operator (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 19, 2012
You wait till 2:45 to clock in you get ready in the 15 minutes before your shift starts making sure you always have your goggles on at all times or else that might lead to termination or a point off. Management is nice and works with you to set up a direct deposit for your checking so you don't have to wait till Friday for a check.
Hawkins provides dental and health benefits by Allstate. What I most like about this job is you always had a job with them.
Pros
always have a job with hawkins.
Cons
10 minutes breaks