Haworth Employee Reviews

No family life
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 22, 2017
Haworth is suppose to be family freindly company, it is not. Yes they are family owned, but feels like they do not care if you spend time with your family. I have no time to spend with my own children. But I am sure the executives have plenty of time for their families.

As for hours, you will be working 10 hour days 6 days a week for 11 months. February is the only month that there will be down time. This is one reason for their high turn over of new members.

So if you are single with no family and no life this is the company for you.

If you have family and would like to spend time with them this is not the company for you.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Haworth
Kelly Services Temp (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSMay 12, 2017
Making office chairs I were an upholstery. Putting fabric on back of chairs, I had to use a white sheet and iron it down into the fabric and back of chair
Engaging and empowering culutre
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 6, 2017
A typical day included prospecting for new business, managing existing accounts and mentoring sales associates. Over the course of several years, I was fortunate to have been part of delivering pilot sales programs as well as taking large accounts from the competition. The culture is fantastic empowering members to be successful and providing the necessary resources. There really wasn't any part of the job that was difficult while the most enjoyable was winning that next project.
Pros
Good people and products
average
Android Developer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 6, 2017
average job. not a great job as well as not a bad job. working environment is average but employees as very helpful . so far not that bad. .............
haworth
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIMarch 27, 2017
a assembly line so u wait to the part to get to you. learn time management, working in a team, I also learn about shipping part to.
I was making label, scanning, an putting the files on skids to be loaded on the truck to be ship. the work floor was a fine place to work
Pros
good job
Cons
work for a temp company
Excellent Place
Client Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 9, 2017
I love working at Haworth.

I work in the office at Haworth headquarters in Holland Michigan. The majority of the people who work here have been here over 15 years. Every day it feels like going to work with a big family.

My small team is very autonomous, we are able to pivot and reorganize how we work pretty easily inside of our team as long as we produce results. We have a LOT of technology to play with and making it work on a global scale is definitely something I enjoy. I also get to travel once a year or two over seas to work on projects in Europe and Asia. Which is just the perfect amount of travel for me.

Haworth supports education and family. I have always felt free to take time to be with my family if they need it and Haworth covers a very large chunk of schooling costs as part of their value of "continuous learning"

I hope more great people find this place!
Pros
Family oriented, benefits, technology, learning
Cons
There is so much to do sometimes you forget to take breaks
Very good people and enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 9, 2017
Haworth is my favorite job so far.The pay is great and a great atmosphere they have a wonderfull benefit package.In addition they allso provide a on site cafeteria , atm as well.The work is very fun because its constantly changing because everything we make is to order.
Pros
Cafeteria.air conditioning
Cons
Some of the material is fiberglass so can very itchy
hardest part of the job
Part Inspector (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 8, 2017
the hardest part of the job was making rate bcasuse this was my first factory job and it took a lot to do. I also had transportation problems so this was a rough one for me
A good place to work. Great management and knowledgeable co-workers.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIDecember 18, 2016
Management encouraged me to learn new skills to advance my knowledge.They always listened and welcomed new ideas to make their processes and work environment more productive. I was lucky to work with a team of people that were very well trained and always willing to help eachother.
Pros
healthcare benefits, free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
salary
great
Painter (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 13, 2016
great place to work the hours are great my co-workers were great the job was very laid back and management team were good place too work for
Good Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2016
Excellent Company to work for. I would recommend employment. Excellent co-workers that care about a job well done. Excellent Management.
Weren't Consistent!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 26, 2016
It was hard to learn how to do one machine when I kept getting moved around. I really wanted to learn new things but I didn't like how inconsistent they were with where I was working.
Fun place to work with a gym
Set Up Man (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work in you are looking for overtime. Excelent job security with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 23, 2016
Haworth is supposedly a company that is family oriented and works with you if you have any issues so they can keep their full time employees. I worked for them hired in for a year and had to relocate my family, when trying to relocate to the haworth that closest to my home they kept giving me the run around and would not transfer me
Work day
LPP wood plant as a Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 18, 2016
On a daily bases I would help out in the department I was working. Kelly Services helped me get hired into Haworth. So, I believe they helped me learn what kind of Employee Haworth was looking for. As working as a temp I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that Haworth wouldn't like. My job was very easy while I worked at Kelly Services.
Pros
Helped getting hired into Haworth.
Cons
No job security. Only working 1 year.
Not a place to work for if you plan on moving up or use your lean manufacturing abilities
Management (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 11, 2016
Very poor job/life balanced, expected to be there. "If you are not losing sleep thinking about our customers your in the wrong job". Pay is good, members on the floor are good individual workers no team work. BIG disconnect between corporate and the hourly works. Quarterly bonus do not happen often, matrix driven along with no level loading of means 2 of the 4 quarters there will be no bonus. Hourly is stagnant for the past 8-10 years = no life, no pay increases not bonus
Pros
pay
Cons
management
family enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 9, 2016
I love working here it is too bad that my position will never be a full time position, I could see myself working my way up through the company and retiring from Haworth one day too bad :(
verry family orientated
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 2, 2016
Its a very good company to work for. Your co-workers treat you like family ,you get greeted every shift start by your boss and co-workers .The work labor is not to stressful on one person and the work load is evenly divided threw all co-workers. .I learned more about computers at this job and better social skills. I believe the hardest part about the job was learning all the different screens used on the "LXE&THORE' units used frequently by operator to do his or her day to day tasks. Other than that ,it is a very enjoyable job and you will enjoy getting up coming to work everyday.
Hardest part to come to work
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85014March 21, 2016
I see work as a second home is where you spend most of the day. I'm the type of person that looks forward to waking up and comign to work. This place didn't offer that i wasn't excited to work here because of all the negativity and i made the most of it i made sure my work was done as well as always having the best attitude.
Pros
Paid time off, vacations, Pt
Cons
Very rude uncomfortable place to work at
Great experience
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 18, 2016
Working for this company for 11 years I was able to learn a great deal about business and how to communicate with customers. All employees were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haworth. Our community is ready to answer.