Haworth Employee Reviews in United States

Forward thinking company and a beautiful workspace
Dealer Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 26, 2015
I have learned a lot about the inward workings of Haworth and how to get things done within the political structure. Love the people and my co-workers. We strive to deliver a quality product, the best training, and the best communications for our members and Dealers.
Pros
Beautiful work space, flexible work locations, great people
Cons
compensation, human resource management, career opportunity, recognition
Terrible - Would Wish My Worst Enemy Working There
Customer Relationship Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHNovember 19, 2015
The owners are very cool and approachable. But from then on it was the worst job experience of my career. Haworth HR is the worst I have ever seen and they should all be terminated. I/T is like stepping 10 years back in time. Job Seeker BEWARE!!!!
Pros
Owners are Awesome
Cons
HR - Executive Management - IT - TERRIBLE
Ahhhhh
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2016
It's a great company to work for with a great culture. The CEO is on of the founders family members. I see them being around for a long long time
verry family orientated
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 2, 2016
Its a very good company to work for. Your co-workers treat you like family ,you get greeted every shift start by your boss and co-workers .The work labor is not to stressful on one person and the work load is evenly divided threw all co-workers. .I learned more about computers at this job and better social skills. I believe the hardest part about the job was learning all the different screens used on the "LXE&THORE' units used frequently by operator to do his or her day to day tasks. Other than that ,it is a very enjoyable job and you will enjoy getting up coming to work everyday.
Not a place to work for if you plan on moving up or use your lean manufacturing abilities
Management (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 11, 2016
Very poor job/life balanced, expected to be there. "If you are not losing sleep thinking about our customers your in the wrong job". Pay is good, members on the floor are good individual workers no team work. BIG disconnect between corporate and the hourly works. Quarterly bonus do not happen often, matrix driven along with no level loading of means 2 of the 4 quarters there will be no bonus. Hourly is stagnant for the past 8-10 years = no life, no pay increases not bonus
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Work day
LPP wood plant as a Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 18, 2016
On a daily bases I would help out in the department I was working. Kelly Services helped me get hired into Haworth. So, I believe they helped me learn what kind of Employee Haworth was looking for. As working as a temp I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything that Haworth wouldn't like. My job was very easy while I worked at Kelly Services.
Pros
Helped getting hired into Haworth.
Cons
No job security. Only working 1 year.
Hardest part to come to work
Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85014March 21, 2016
I see work as a second home is where you spend most of the day. I'm the type of person that looks forward to waking up and comign to work. This place didn't offer that i wasn't excited to work here because of all the negativity and i made the most of it i made sure my work was done as well as always having the best attitude.
Pros
Paid time off, vacations, PT
Cons
Very rude uncomfortable place to work at
Horrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 23, 2016
Haworth is supposedly a company that is family oriented and works with you if you have any issues so they can keep their full time employees. I worked for them hired in for a year and had to relocate my family, when trying to relocate to the haworth that closest to my home they kept giving me the run around and would not transfer me
Manufacturing headace
QualityTech (Current Employee) –  Bruce, MSDecember 21, 2015
Great place to work just looking for a change, great benefits, good people. in a small community. homely place to work, needs a better direction
Pros
steady
Cons
to many hrs
Typical day at Haworth
AV Field Sales Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 30, 2015
My background is very technical. A typical day at work is fun, but at times can be very difficult depending on who you are speaking with or having conversation with either on the phone or in person.

My co-workers make the job fun, I work with developers of technical products that are released to market. I take suggestions and improvements back to the developer and we redesign the product making it better - then we update software on the units.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the end result, and seeing the product being used in a business environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Travel, develop products
Cons
Healthcare, Company doesn't seem to care for their workers
Great opportunities. Great place to wirk
Operations Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 20, 2015
Daily tasks included review scheduling actitities. Production schedules and capacity. Inventory controls and Customer shortage and resolution activities. A great team to work with and supportive.
Enjoyed working with all levels of manufacturing and doing team training. Travel to other manufaccturing sites and working with other members was very rewording. Training was something I really enjoyed.
Pros
Very rewording and flexable schedules.
Cons
Many hours spent at off site facilities and preparing for new systems implementations.
family enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 9, 2016
I love working here it is too bad that my position will never be a full time position, I could see myself working my way up through the company and retiring from Haworth one day too bad :(
Haworth Review
Business and Pricing Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2014
Overall, Haworth is an excellent place you could spend the rest of your career with. The benefits, culture and location are outstanding without any reservations. On the other hand, some ideas, intentions and decisions were kept concealed from certain employees (especially contractors). Management within technical departments lacked empathy, organizational behavior practices and specific job design or structured positions. HIring or promoting supervisors with MBAs would eliminate this problem. The company also decided to manage SAP implementations without a SAP Project Manager resulting in the re-work of different projects. Also, particular departments pigeon-hole some employees leaving them at entry level positions.
Pros
excellent culture and benefits
Cons
lack of advancement and management lacks empathy/organization behavior in technical areas
Great experience
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 18, 2016
Working for this company for 11 years I was able to learn a great deal about business and how to communicate with customers. All employees were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Haworth is a family owned multicultural global office furniture manufacturer. Yet they genuinely care about their employees.
Senior Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 23, 2016
I was a remote market manager in KY. Was hired in as a Senior BDM because of past selling successes and work ethic. Because I was a remote market manager, I never really saw other Haworth employees on a daily basis. However we were all the best of friends . We would discuss wins and losses ..happily more wins than losses. And when we all got together for a Haworth function we all hung out together. I have many stories.

As to what I learned..I knew how to sell before I got to Haworth but they polished me in sales technique and procedure. I had a great boss who led and taught me the importance of "leading by example".

A typical day consisted of end user or A&D sales calls 4-6 per day. met with dealers as needed or requested. Also meeting with networking members to compare projects and pick up new ones. Share all with dealer as they were the ones doing design prints of space and proposed space. Strategizing with them to close business with targeted accounts.

The hardest part of the job was in 2 areas...Losing an order and when the dealers fought over territory.

Winning and the dollars and accolades from sales awards that came with it. Also the friends and associates I made along the way.
it was ok
team member (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 8, 2016
working there was ok. decent hours and decent pay. the over time was great and the people i worked with were awesome. the hardest part of the job was standing for a long period of time.
Great Co-workers
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Learned how to drive a stand up fork lift and to correct problems with my machine. Able to measure my parts to make sure they are within spec
Fun place to be
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2015
The work is hard but their is music and the energy is great, a typical day starts with some stretching before you get on line and then its just have at it on the machines producing the product.
Pros
Nice breakroom and music plays while you work
Cons
short breaks and long shifts
company in general
machine operator (Former Employee) –  holland, MichiganOctober 12, 2015
do not apply, you're wasting time. the job Haworth INC, Located in Holland Michigan I was called for a possible position of machine operator, I applied in November of 2014 and wasn't called for the position of machine operator till late June in 2015. at this point I was really excited to get the job, but was left with nothing after being promised for 14 an hour pay plus benefits and I went up to Holland for their possible placement testing and scored A's in all 3 testing of comprehension, mathematics and reading in which you will not be paid for, not to mention the 2nd day after reviewing my scores and realizing that I was compatible with what they needed in a employee only to be told after wasting my schooling, time and, money on such a promised position; to be told that we are going to proceed on with other applicants and when asked for the reason I was not able to work for Haworth, they replied with no excuse, not even a lie to at least give closure on why I was not able to work for their company. I did not contact them for a job after November 2014 because I was sent a email confirming that they only would consider possible candidacy from employees in the Holland area and I live in Muskegon, MI. I also was not the only person who was put in the same story, a sum of 40 of us took testing that day only to accept 2 people out of 40 for the 20 positions in which they hiring for. I will never apply for this company EVER AGAIN! I feel it was my duty to tell future employees who look for opportunity from this company to proceed with extreme caution so for you don't waste valuable  more... time, energy or, even resources competing for a company who after was really not going to produce on their words.  less
Great
Unloader/loader (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 31, 2015
was ok work is good people are great but don't like the management they moved me around to much being there for short time. has great pay for people and they do hire college students for short terms positions.
Pros
work environment
Cons
mangement

2.9