Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Very low end company
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2016
The company has now been sold so I can only speak to the former owner. I've never attended a sales meeting where there was so much negativity and insult hurled at a sales force. Previous owner believed in all stick and no carrot.
Company closed
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  atlanta GAFebruary 17, 2015
This was a great company to work for. However they are now closed. Offered great opportunity and wonderful management. I am sorry to see they have closed.
Pros
everything
great launching pad
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Was a great place to get industry experience. You have to stock all of your own pharmacies and build your business from the ground up
Hawthorn had a fantastic company culture
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2014
Hawthorn was purchased/acquired by Pernix Therapeutics in January 2013.
Unstable small Pharmaceutical Company
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 15, 2013
Management at the corporate level is extremely poor. Products are great yet have very poor managed care coverage compared to comparable generics on the market.
Small Pharma
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2013
Pharmaceuticals sales, call on primary care and urgent care providers promoting cough cold products along with pain meds. Typical call log 12 drs per day.
Cons
weak benefits
Best Place to Work in Pharmaceuticals
Previous Territory Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2012
This was my territory (Baltimore) until a few days ago; I unfortunately had to leave due to some medical issues. This company was the best place that I have ever had the opportunity to work. Pharmaceuticals is a business that you have to care about what you sell, be driven, be outgoing, and have fun. If you have that, then apply. Otherwise, these people work their brains off all day long, and are some of the most incredible people you will ever meet. It's a close knit group of people who don't jump from company to company; they believe in their products, their company, and their people. Everything they do is to be successful, to have fun, and to make sure their people are too. If you get to work for them, congrats! I wish I never got sick! They even check on me still...and they aren't my employer. They are family.
Pros
work/life balance, good product, great company
Cons
younger company, still a few kinks...no biggie
Great place to get your feet wet in sales
Pharmaceutical Consultant/National Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSAugust 27, 2012
Hawthorn taught me how to sell. It allowed me to develop and manage my territory and make me consistently one of the best in the country.
Pros
great place to develop sales skills
Cons
non to speak of.
Decent place to start career
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 15, 2012
This company is an ok place to start a sales career. Company is struggling with new cough and cold product. Only certain areas of the country have good coverage with products so a lot of patients pay cash for the products.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
bad drug coverage, stocking pharmacies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals Reviews by Location