Hawthorn Suites Employee Reviews

Hawthorn Suites
Front Desk (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: great staff, guarenteed hours
Cons: gets really busy sometimes
I enjoy working at the Hawthorn Suites. There is a wide variety of people we get to meet and talk to. It is always fun and exciting to help people have the best stay they can.

I work at the front desk, assisting guests to check in and out. I try to provide the best service possible to every guest, and make their stay exceptional. I make their reservations and try to get everything ready before they arrive, making their stay hassle free.

I have learned how to multitask efficiently and communicate with all types of people effectively. It is interesting to meet people from out of town and out of the country.

I work with a great staff, everyone does a fantastic job and tries to exceed the expectations of every guest.
First Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 5, 2015
This was my first job, and it was a big learning experience. I worked on my own most of the time. I learned about keeping on task when there was no one around as well as being the manager when there was no manager on duty. Problem solving was key in this position.
great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), sacramentoJanuary 28, 2015
this was a great 2 job while i was in college. this was a great 2 job while i was in college
Great Place to work
front desk (Current Employee), southfieldJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts on rooms
Cons: some times customers are upset
If you like meeting new faces and enjoy dealing with the public this is the place for you its located in south field which is full of interesting people and people from all over come here to stay im very customer friendly so i love dealing with customer service
Fun place to work, variety
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: clean property, well maintained, excellent staff
I perform guest services; check-in/out processes, maintain files and transactions, ensure guest satisfaction, have also performed as housekeeper, laundry attendant and night auditor.

The job is rewarding as I get to interact with a diverse influx of people from all over the world.My co-workers are fun and exciting and I enjoy working with management. We have an amazing GM and the place is well run. I have learned many skills such as how to delegate tasks and accounting procedures, as well as having a chance to hone my customer service skills. I would recommend the Hawthorn Suites to anyone looking for a great job, the use of a conference room or just a nice place to stay. We do our very best to ensure that all guests are well taken care of and everyone enjoys their stay.
Perfect for College Student
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TexasOctober 22, 2014
This position enabled me to gain customer service and hospitality experience while also being able to focus on my studies. The management was dedicated to making staff become a family and this is one thing that has always stood out to me.
Fun working environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2014
Hawthorn suites provided many opportunities to network being the front desk receptionist. I got to meet so many people from around the world that helped me in other aspects of my life outside of just the job. Customer service is key in hospitality jobs, and there I got to practice and learn many techniques on how to handle all types of customers.
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: christmas pary and free lunches
Cons: no healthcare
Cleaned rooms and help with guests. Done a lot of hard work and detailing. coworkers were ok . management was ok
Poor
Guestroom Attendant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Very unorganized
Poor Pay
No benefits
Lazy employees
Too much work for small pay amount
This is a fun position and does not feel like work.
Guest Services (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 2, 2013
Pros: i interact mostly with guests, i assist our guest to enjoy their stay buy serving drinks, food, directions to city attractionsnand casual conversations, i also try to assist. i make an hourly salary plus tips.
Cons: this is part time job with no benefits.
I enjoy helping, talking, and interacting with guests. I get to meet people from all over the world.
Close by to Walt Disney World
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2013
This hotel was prone to guests going to Walt Disney World. The sales associates were able to create positive interactions for them during their vacations.
It's been different
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good location
Cons: out dated materials
Working at hawthorn has afforded me the opportunity to gain excellent training in the field of hospitality.
threatened with job security if you take your grievaces to management.
maintenance engineer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: at least i have a job
Cons: not prepared to discuss any unfair treatment
dictatorial attitude by senior management staff. not willing to discuss employee's grievances.
Friendly, professional, and fun environment with guests.
Bartender (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: we can request discounted rates for hotel stays.
Cons: not a full time position and there is no benefits and no health care benefits.
I am a part time bartender for the social hours at Hawthorn Suites. I set up the bar daily with drinks, snacks, and appetizers. I don't have much contact with staff but with only one desk clerk daily. I enjoy the clerks I work with and I enjoy serving my guests. I have many recurring guests which make my job enjoyable. I also enjoy guests that come from all over the world.
productive
maintenance (Former Employee), detroit miJuly 10, 2013
a normal day to clean up rooms for customers in a hotel.i learned how to clean a room in 30 minutes.
fun environment
Banquet server (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 8, 2013
Pros: management, co-workers
This was a great place to work. everyone worked well together but sometimes their was people who thought they were the boss but other than that this is a great environment with great management and friendly people.
I learned alot
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 23, 2013
Busy season was not so great. It was a nice hotel and loved our retutn guest.
Hope I could hang on to this business
Owner- Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2013
Owned the Property and treated all my employees equally. Had to sell it due to recession.
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), College Station, TXDecember 13, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, good co-workers, meet all types of people
Cons: healthcare if you can afford it
walk the building inside outside, do preventative maintenance, assist guest
The Hawthorn has been a money maker for my entire time here.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Kent, WASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: older property.
The Hawthorn Suites has been a consistant money maker for my time here as Chief Engineer. It is a 20 year old property with some developing problems related to age, but the upkeep has been good with money put back into it.

The mangement has been very responsive and quick to rectify any issues over the time I have been here.