Hawthorn Suites Employee Reviews in United States

very good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy work for this company good hours and very cleaning place great pay and more to offer this company is aways on point with the supplies and always checking up on you making sure you are of
Dead End
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2016
No opportunity for advancement. Great job for students. Minimal responsibilities. Good customer service skills a must. Boring.
I love meeting new people from all aspects of the world.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 20, 2016
My goal and first priority is to give each guests a great service. By doing so the brand and the staff have both succeed. The hardest part of my job is not having rooms for our weekly regular guest.
Pros
I have learned alot by processing information from the GM
Cons
There is no growth in the company
New extended stay hotel
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport,WVFebruary 9, 2016
Sales Manager at New extended stay property. Responsible for opening property, booking groups and bringing in new business
It was ok for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 7, 2015
it was ok work experience. it was good job as a student. But i learn lot about hotel business and customer service.
the pay was just ok but team was nice
first real job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sacramentoOctober 5, 2015
this was one of my forst jobs in my teen years. they were flexible with my school schedule.. lot of changes has been made since i left
A great place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 21, 2015
There is a relaxed atmosphere the majority of the time. Employees should be able to type well and answer the phone. Computer skills are necessary because you are responsible for making reservations, and check in and checking out guests. The employees are expected to possess great customer service skills. The owner of the property has a lot of experience in the Hotel Industry, and he owns numerous properties and he manages all of the properties.
Pros
Physically easy and all the work is indoors.
Cons
No raises
fun day cleaning hotel rooms
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 3, 2015
This job is all about cleanliness and paying close to details. I have learned to conquer my routine and get the job done as fast as i can. I like the fact that i can turn a dirty room to a show room.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
shorted breaks
Hawthorn Suites
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 24, 2015
I enjoy working at the Hawthorn Suites. There is a wide variety of people we get to meet and talk to. It is always fun and exciting to help people have the best stay they can.

I work at the front desk, assisting guests to check in and out. I try to provide the best service possible to every guest, and make their stay exceptional. I make their reservations and try to get everything ready before they arrive, making their stay hassle free.

I have learned how to multitask efficiently and communicate with all types of people effectively. It is interesting to meet people from out of town and out of the country.

I work with a great staff, everyone does a fantastic job and tries to exceed the expectations of every guest.
Pros
great staff, guarenteed hours
Cons
gets really busy sometimes
First Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 5, 2015
This was my first job, and it was a big learning experience. I worked on my own most of the time. I learned about keeping on task when there was no one around as well as being the manager when there was no manager on duty. Problem solving was key in this position.
Great Place to work
front desk (Current Employee) –  southfieldJanuary 25, 2015
If you like meeting new faces and enjoy dealing with the public this is the place for you its located in south field which is full of interesting people and people from all over come here to stay im very customer friendly so i love dealing with customer service
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
some times customers are upset
Fun place to work, variety
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 3, 2015
I perform guest services; check-in/out processes, maintain files and transactions, ensure guest satisfaction, have also performed as housekeeper, laundry attendant and night auditor.

The job is rewarding as I get to interact with a diverse influx of people from all over the world.My co-workers are fun and exciting and I enjoy working with management. We have an amazing GM and the place is well run. I have learned many skills such as how to delegate tasks and accounting procedures, as well as having a chance to hone my customer service skills. I would recommend the Hawthorn Suites to anyone looking for a great job, the use of a conference room or just a nice place to stay. We do our very best to ensure that all guests are well taken care of and everyone enjoys their stay.
Pros
clean property, well maintained, excellent staff
Perfect for College Student
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TexasOctober 22, 2014
This position enabled me to gain customer service and hospitality experience while also being able to focus on my studies. The management was dedicated to making staff become a family and this is one thing that has always stood out to me.
Fun working environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2014
Hawthorn suites provided many opportunities to network being the front desk receptionist. I got to meet so many people from around the world that helped me in other aspects of my life outside of just the job. Customer service is key in hospitality jobs, and there I got to practice and learn many techniques on how to handle all types of customers.
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 27, 2014
Cleaned rooms and help with guests. Done a lot of hard work and detailing. coworkers were ok . management was ok
Pros
christmas pary and free lunches
Cons
no healthcare
Poor
Guestroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 21, 2014
Very unorganized
Poor Pay
No benefits
Lazy employees
Too much work for small pay amount
This is a fun position and does not feel like work.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 2, 2013
I enjoy helping, talking, and interacting with guests. I get to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
i interact mostly with guests, i assist our guest to enjoy their stay buy serving drinks, food, directions to city attractionsnand casual conversations, i also try to assist. i make an hourly salary plus tips.
Cons
this is part time job with no benefits.
Close by to Walt Disney World
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2013
This hotel was prone to guests going to Walt Disney World. The sales associates were able to create positive interactions for them during their vacations.
It's been different
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 25, 2013
Working at hawthorn has afforded me the opportunity to gain excellent training in the field of hospitality.
Pros
good location
Cons
out dated materials
threatened with job security if you take your grievaces to management.
maintenance engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2013
dictatorial attitude by senior management staff. not willing to discuss employee's grievances.
Pros
at least i have a job
Cons
not prepared to discuss any unfair treatment