Hawthorn Suites Employee Reviews

They are a typical hotel chain.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 25, 2017
This is a great place to work to get hotel experience. They are small hotels, so it is a great place to start. Once you gain experience here, I would move on to a larger hotel.
Pros
Small hotel
Cons
Many responsibilities
workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 28, 2017
learned alot of new things working for the hawthorn. management is disorganized and a lot of things they need to get together as a team. I loved working there.
peaceful workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Was a nice easy paced place to work.Management was nice.Coworkers were all friendly.The work was simple and very easy to do.Work days went smooth
Pros
easy work
Cons
short hours
Nice place to work, but no pay
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXNovember 6, 2016
Great job for a single person going to school. Low responsibility, fun atmosphere, but low pay also. Jobs like these usually hire part time only. Hardest was dealing with irate customers. Other than that, piece of cake.
business is alright
Front desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2016
the business is okay.
the hours sometimes work with the school hours.
its always the same routine at work so you learn quick and fast.
Pros
no pros at alll
Cons
no benefits and raises
my job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 15, 2016
I coming make sure i have whatever is needed to have a great day greeting each customer with a warm welcoming smile. i learn and meet new people everyday. learning new thing on the computer system. I enjoy working with my co-workers its like a family place we work together as a team to meet company quotes on saleing rooms. I do believe the hardest part of my job is dealing with upset customers and that is the most enjoyable
Cons
no health care no room from growth
very good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 20, 2016
I really enjoy work for this company good hours and very cleaning place great pay and more to offer this company is aways on point with the supplies and always checking up on you making sure you are of
Dead End
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2016
No opportunity for advancement. Great job for students. Minimal responsibilities. Good customer service skills a must. Boring.
Relaxed work environment.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 10, 2016
Coworkers were friendly as well as the guests. Not much room for advancement but a great job to have while going to college.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Repetitive.
I love meeting new people from all aspects of the world.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 20, 2016
My goal and first priority is to give each guests a great service. By doing so the brand and the staff have both succeed. The hardest part of my job is not having rooms for our weekly regular guest.
Pros
I have learned alot by processing information from the GM
Cons
There is no growth in the company
New extended stay hotel
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport,WVFebruary 9, 2016
Sales Manager at New extended stay property. Responsible for opening property, booking groups and bringing in new business
It was ok for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 7, 2015
it was ok work experience. it was good job as a student. But i learn lot about hotel business and customer service.
the pay was just ok but team was nice
first real job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sacramentoOctober 5, 2015
this was one of my forst jobs in my teen years. they were flexible with my school schedule.. lot of changes has been made since i left
A great place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 21, 2015
There is a relaxed atmosphere the majority of the time. Employees should be able to type well and answer the phone. Computer skills are necessary because you are responsible for making reservations, and check in and checking out guests. The employees are expected to possess great customer service skills. The owner of the property has a lot of experience in the Hotel Industry, and he owns numerous properties and he manages all of the properties.
Pros
Physically easy and all the work is indoors.
Cons
No raises
fun day cleaning hotel rooms
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 3, 2015
This job is all about cleanliness and paying close to details. I have learned to conquer my routine and get the job done as fast as i can. I like the fact that i can turn a dirty room to a show room.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
shorted breaks
Hawthorn Suites
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 24, 2015
I enjoy working at the Hawthorn Suites. There is a wide variety of people we get to meet and talk to. It is always fun and exciting to help people have the best stay they can.

I work at the front desk, assisting guests to check in and out. I try to provide the best service possible to every guest, and make their stay exceptional. I make their reservations and try to get everything ready before they arrive, making their stay hassle free.

I have learned how to multitask efficiently and communicate with all types of people effectively. It is interesting to meet people from out of town and out of the country.

I work with a great staff, everyone does a fantastic job and tries to exceed the expectations of every guest.
Pros
great staff, guarenteed hours
Cons
gets really busy sometimes
First Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 5, 2015
This was my first job, and it was a big learning experience. I worked on my own most of the time. I learned about keeping on task when there was no one around as well as being the manager when there was no manager on duty. Problem solving was key in this position.
Great Place to work
front desk (Current Employee) –  southfieldJanuary 25, 2015
If you like meeting new faces and enjoy dealing with the public this is the place for you its located in south field which is full of interesting people and people from all over come here to stay im very customer friendly so i love dealing with customer service
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
Some times customers are upset
Fun place to work, variety
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 3, 2015
I perform guest services; check-in/out processes, maintain files and transactions, ensure guest satisfaction, have also performed as housekeeper, laundry attendant and night auditor.

The job is rewarding as I get to interact with a diverse influx of people from all over the world.My co-workers are fun and exciting and I enjoy working with management. We have an amazing GM and the place is well run. I have learned many skills such as how to delegate tasks and accounting procedures, as well as having a chance to hone my customer service skills. I would recommend the Hawthorn Suites to anyone looking for a great job, the use of a conference room or just a nice place to stay. We do our very best to ensure that all guests are well taken care of and everyone enjoys their stay.
Pros
clean property, well maintained, excellent staff
Perfect for College Student
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TexasOctober 22, 2014
This position enabled me to gain customer service and hospitality experience while also being able to focus on my studies. The management was dedicated to making staff become a family and this is one thing that has always stood out to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorn Suites. Our community is ready to answer.