Hawthorne Country Day School

Hawthorne Country Day School Employer Reviews

The experience with the children was very enlightening and I did learn a lot about how to teach learning disabled students.
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL III; CLASSROOM TEACHER (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NYApril 16, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: poor management
Working with autistic children was a dream come true, however, I found it to be exhausting and did not get much support from management.
Wonderful teachers
Applied Behavior Analysis Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: employee incentives such as "coupons" to leave early (great for appointments, etc)
Excellent learning experience. Great staff and coworkers.
Loved the campus; beautifully landscaped.
A very stimulating environment.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2012
A typical day at Hawthorne Country Day School was to organzie and file papers in the morning. In the afternoon i was given opportunities to work with the Autistic children.
I learned that different children had different levels of Autism and i learned how to be patient with these children.
The management was very helpful and taught me how to handle – more... children with disabilities.
The hardest part of the job was trying to calm the children down when they were upset. Another hard part of the job was to teach them how to deal with their anger.
It was just enjoyable working with these children. – less
Hawthorne Country Day School Is A Very Loving Place They Have A Great Staff.
Part Time (35hr/wk), One-to-one Aide (Former Employee), Hawthorne, NYNovember 23, 2012
Pros: being able to take the kids out into the community.
Cons: did not get payed when school was out
What i like about Hawthorne Country Day School Is no day was the same you never knew how your day was going to be,it is a fun loving place everyone got along well and helped each other. I learned many ways to deal with children with special needs.The hardest part of the job was getting attach to my one to one,the most enjoyable part of the jobs was – more... being able to put a smile on the kids face. – less
I am always busy teaching my student.
One to One Aide (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 21, 2012
Pros: the hours are from 8am to 3:30pm.
Cons: no benefits for the staff who work part time.
Its okay working at Hawthorne country day school. I have learned how to use Applied behavior analysis to teach students with autism and other disablities. Management is always in their office and not around to help when staff needs help. My co-workers always work as a team together when we need help with students.
The hardest part of the job is having – more... patience on a daily basis but for the most part I have a good day. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have taught the students their work for the day. – less