Hawthorne Country Day School Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place for a teacher
teacher (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYNovember 9, 2015
AS a former teacher, I would suggest any new employee not to walk away, but to RUN from this place.

Teachers are put under an enormous amount of pressure and there's no support from management. Everyone is out for themselves and I suggest that any teachers, for their own sanity and well being, not to work at the Hawthorne Country Day School!
Pros
Great hours / lots of time off
Cons
Very abusive place to work, Management very cut-throat
Fun, great camaraderie
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYSeptember 21, 2013
I've learned a lot about myself in this job. I've learned responsibility, leadership, patience, dedication, and hard work.

I have great co-workers who are very supportive of of the student.
The experience with the children was very enlightening and I did learn a lot about how to teach learning disabled students.
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL III; CLASSROOM TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 16, 2013
Working with autistic children was a dream come true, however, I found it to be exhausting and did not get much support from management.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
poor management
Wonderful teachers
Applied Behavior Analysis Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Excellent learning experience. Great staff and coworkers.
Loved the campus; beautifully landscaped.
Pros
employee incentives such as "coupons" to leave early (great for appointments, etc)
A very stimulating environment.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2012
A typical day at Hawthorne Country Day School was to organzie and file papers in the morning. In the afternoon i was given opportunities to work with the Autistic children.
I learned that different children had different levels of Autism and i learned how to be patient with these children.
The management was very helpful and taught me how to handle children with disabilities.
The hardest part of the job was trying to calm the children down when they were upset. Another hard part of the job was to teach them how to deal with their anger.
It was just enjoyable working with these children.
Hawthorne Country Day School Is A Very Loving Place They Have A Great Staff.
Part Time (35hr/wk), One-to-one Aide (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYNovember 23, 2012
What i like about Hawthorne Country Day School Is no day was the same you never knew how your day was going to be,it is a fun loving place everyone got along well and helped each other. I learned many ways to deal with children with special needs.The hardest part of the job was getting attach to my one to one,the most enjoyable part of the jobs was being able to put a smile on the kids face.
Pros
being able to take the kids out into the community.
Cons
did not get payed when school was out
I am always busy teaching my student.
One to One Aide (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 21, 2012
Its okay working at Hawthorne country day school. I have learned how to use Applied behavior analysis to teach students with autism and other disablities. Management is always in their office and not around to help when staff needs help. My co-workers always work as a team together when we need help with students.
The hardest part of the job is having patience on a daily basis but for the most part I have a good day. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have taught the students their work for the day.
Pros
the hours are from 8am to 3:30pm.
Cons
no benefits for the staff who work part time.