Hawthorne Residential Partners Employee Reviews

Proficient and stable work environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2017
Love this place! I hate they are being bought by another company but I would never leave. Awesome work family and corporate office. They can not offer me another job with in the state of South Carolina as they do not have any sister properties here to stay on at.
September 27, 2017

Thank you for your positive words! We hate to lose such a valuable employee. Please continue to keep in touch with us and check our job postings. We may be coming to a city near you!

Horrible leadership
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Wouldn't recommend working here. Worst experience in the industry thus far. Pays good but its not enough to deal with staff. Superiors made working environment extremely uncomfortable with demands and your opinion is either disregarded or regarded as insults which then gets you treated with retaliation.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Environment and benefits package
September 20, 2017

Hello,

I'm very sorry that you feel that you had a bad experience. Would love to speak with you if you're comfortable giving me a call. 336-553-1461.

Kerri Shellman, Director of Human Resources

Horrible not everyone is treated fairly
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2017
Hawthorne Residential Partners is a terrible place to work not only do they try to work you to death they don't even acknowledge the work that you do. Please stay away by all means. Take your knowledge and hard work to a company that will appreciate you
August 30, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel this way. If you're comfortable contacting me, I'd like to speak with you to learn more about your experience so that we can make some changes.

336-553-1461

The Corporate Environment was the worst ever!!!!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC and Winston Salem, NCAugust 17, 2017
The Regional managers are allowed to treat the employees any way they would like and upper management does nothing about it. If you are not in the "click" your life will be miserable. I was bullied by my regional to the point that I would have anxiety almost daily. Oh it all looks good on paper, the benefits and all but that's it! I would recommend that you not even think about it RUN!!!!
August 23, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel you didn't have a good experience with the company. I'd like to have an opportunity to speak with you so that I can investigate your concerns if you're comfortable giving me a call.

336-553-1461

It used to be a fun place to work but there was no accountability and my supervisor made the job harder and more stressful then needed to be
Quail valley on carmel (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2017
I started out learning slot and then found out later that I was being shown the wrong way to do certain things. I was being taught troubleshooting for a.c. work and it just stopped when we got a new tech that new ac
Pros
Love the community, liked the office staff, I love what i do and always looking to improve
Cons
Lack of accountability, lack of communication and laziness
August 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry that you've been feeling unhappy in your role as of late. If you are comfortable giving me a call, I'd love to talk to you to get more information so that I can look into your concerns and address appropriately. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461

great place to work for
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved working at Hawthorne the residents we're very nice I liked doing my job in cleaning the pool and picking up trash and pressure washing buildings and assisting in work orders.
July 31, 2017

We appreciate you and your kind words! Would be interested in learning why you left the company. Feel free to call me at 336-553-1461 if you'd be willing to share your feedback.

Kerri Shellman, Director of HR

Too many Chiefs and not enough indians!
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 24, 2017
They have TOO MANY people with their hands in everything! I had no idea who to listen to! I hate I had to leave, I'd worked on the property for five years, at frist I was excited about Hawthorne buying the property, but after a month I had to split! Just not enough money for the headaches!
Pros
Property improvements
Cons
Didn't really know who was the boss!
July 31, 2017

Hello - I'm disappointed that you were unhappy with the changes and left after one month. I would have loved to have the opportunity to speak with you so that we could have worked through the adjustment process. If you feel comfortable giving me a call now, I'd like to speak to you.

Regards,

Kerri Shellman, Director of HR. 336-553-1461.

High turn over and dishonest enviroment.
Leasing Specialist, Resident Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 11, 2017
I will make this short and simple. If you are not in a certain click you get walked all over. With no upper management support and a hostile work environment the corporate office will leave you out in the cold. The HR department is a joke. I worked for this company for a number of years even held an Supervisor position, I found out very quickly in this company you get no support and if some one has a personal problem with another that is grounds for termination. It seems lying to residents and employees is company policy.
Pros
its a job
July 12, 2017

I'm disappointed that you feel you had a bad experience with the company. If you're comfortable giving me a call I'd like to learn more about the issues you mentioned so that we can make some changes. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461.

You get what you put in with this company
Resident service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 1, 2017
I've been with this company for a year now and been in the industry for over five. This is by far one of the best companies I have worked for do they have room for improvement absolutely we all do. I went back and read all
of the reviews about this company. As for maintenance I think the rates or probably unfair and due to the fact that a lot of the guys weren't performing at the level they needed to be. From day one they start investing money in you and continue to invest quite a bit of money all year round. Like going to corporate all expenses paid for for orientation , on-site training and whenever you need to
perform at top level, annual education training mixed in with a lot of fun. Most importantly you have support with this company if you need something anything I don't know anybody I couldn't call or email right now that wouldn't help me even if they don't know me. This company also lets you run your job with limited micromanaging as long as you're performing at levels that were agreed upon during the interview. So don't pay too much mind to all the negative reviews.

If you're a team player that has core values this company is for you plain and simple..
Pros
Cons
Always room for improvement on everything
July 12, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate you and your positive attitude!

Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 9, 2017
You have to be a 'favorite' to succeed. Period! There's nepotism....the corporate trainer is the boss's daughter....steer clear of this company. No amount of money could compensate for selling your soul.
Cons
Favoritism
June 20, 2017

I'm disappointed you feel that your experience with Hawthorne was less than stellar. Feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss in detail. I'd love to hear from you. Kerri Shellman, Director of HR 336-553-1461.

One of the worst!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 18, 2017
This company was by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for! Made several unfulfilled promises, tried to adjust my time (taking time away) and had an issue with discrimination because of a disability. I would not recommend this company to anyone! Look elsewhere and save yourself the time!
Excellent Experience
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262March 3, 2017
I have loved working for Hawthorne. I am so sad they do not have any locations where I am locating. The companies culture is spot on. They value the employees that work for them and show it regularly. I highly recommend this company!
June 22, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you! Please continue to check our website for future openings. We may be coming to a city near you!

Best company around!!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2017
This is not just a company, it is a community. We all care for each other and help our peers succeed and grow. They challenge you because they believe in you and give you the resources to grow personally and professionally.

This is not the company for you if you are looking for a job, this is the place you land when you are ready for a career.

There is always something going on when you are onsite at properties and in the corporate office. From resident events to corporate Halloween contest no day is ever like the last!

Hawthorne is also a company that believes in giving back to the community- which is super important to me. They give back through numerous (80k+) a year donations and sponsorship, as well as getting their hands dirty with volunteering in the field. The world needs more companies like Hawthorne!!
July 12, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that you are here and love our culture!

Fun, plenty of opportunities, and a HUGE family
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 20, 2017
It's a huge family. Although the company has grown you have open communication with upper management. Everyone is willing to help you succeed!
you have to keep up with your time
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 26, 2016
they edit your time to save money no matter how many hours you work its ALWAYS short
being on-call for 2 properties and only have access to one property and asked why didn't the problem get solved??? no key to maintenance shop or alarm code ....
Pros
residents
Cons
everything
Love the culture, sincere, committed to employees
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  SCDecember 6, 2016
Working for HRP is amazing. The company has a culture that is evident everyday. Sincere leadership that takes a genuine interest in their employees. Training and development are important. Work life balance is excellent.
Pros
Culture, people, management
Terrible company
Office (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 19, 2016
Don't work here. There is no such thing as a work/home life balance. Lots of unfulfilled promises. You'll give your all and it will go completely unnoticed. Keep looking!
Cons
Too many to mention.
Great company to work for!!!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 9, 2016
Great company to work for. They care about all their employees and their families. Great bonus structure and many paid holidays including your birthday.
Pros
Great communications and great people
Cons
No cons
If you have an opinion keep it to yourself
Greensboro -corporate. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 4, 2016
Management does not want to hear your opinion on how to improve your position or processes. The technology offered to do your job is very lacking. The benefits offered are very behind from other companies. Overall Hawthorne is about 10 years behind in technology and benefits.
Company Needs Some Polishing
Chief of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Little River, SCSeptember 1, 2016
The residents are very friendly and great people, however, the company is another story. They procrastinate concerning hiring and keep using the excuse, "We're waiting for their background check to come back." It appears that the longer they procrastinate, the more money they save. You can get the results from a background check within a day. If you are the only worker, you will be expected to move appliances by yourself without any help. Always keep track of your time especially OT. A lot of the AC units are so old that they need replacing-time spent away from the normal work orders. You don't have enough time in the day to do your work and also your on-line courses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorne Residential Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9