RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE TO A NEW HIRE::
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Focus on continuous improvement efforts for the Business Unit. Position encompasses improvement in material flow, labor structure, facility layout, maintenance, and expenses.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties include:
- Identify cost reduction opportunities across all facets of the Business Unit including material cost take-out, product cost take-out, labor and burden structure, sourcing and facility expenses.
- Coordinate and supervise the actions of manufacturing engineers, sourcing engineers, and quality technicians to achieve improvements.
- Plan, maintain, and manage a pipeline for all productivity improvement projects to assure that annual productivity improvement goals are exceeded.
- Manage the business unit capital budget.
- Facilitate the writing of AFE’s for the Business Unit, track and report project savings and AFE’s status, and track capital expenditures to assure they are within planned targets.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering; MS preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Must have demonstrated project management experience in working with cross-functional teams (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sourcing, and others)
- Must have experience in writing major expenditure requests or funding requests,
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong team skills to communicate and influence all levels of the organization
Indeed - 4 months ago
With over a decade of national and international search experience behind him, Robert Hawthorne and his team puts this motto into practice...