Haymarket Media

Haymarket Media United States Employee Reviews

All about work and how to make money for upper mgmt
Program Manager (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the people are like family
Cons: favortism by upper management
You are overworked and unappreciated at Haymarket. You get promoted based on who you know and not your work accomplishments. I saw many talented people leave because they were getting no where in the company. I was a loyal employee for close to 10 years. There were no issues until my review one year where my manager gave me all ones, on a scale of 1 to 5. There had been no discussion of any performance concerns leading up to the review. I was given 45 days to improve or I would be terminated. I decided to leave on my own. They did the exact same thing to a couple other employees I worked with. At this company, it's who you know and who you suck up to. While I was there, I saw someone go from a temp to program manager, to senior PM, to associate director and then director in 4 years, ahead of someone who has been there for 8 years and started the division! She knew who to become friendly with! Another director was a friend of the VP so she moved from PM to SPM to Associate Director to Director in 2 years.
Good Company
Accounts Receivable/ Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 28, 2013
Good Company to work with great benefits and great management
Nice workplace, lots of flexibility
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Northfield, ILMarch 29, 2013
Pros: cozy workspace
Cons: healthcare
Wonderful workplace with friendly co workers in a cozy environment.
Amazing management and great culture
Admin (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 21, 2013
The management really listens and responds to the employees. People care about each other and the work environment is fun.
independently owned publishing company
art director (Current Employee), new york, nyMarch 12, 2012
great company, good benefits, convenient location. This publisher has a number of different titles across a broad range of subjects.

About Haymarket Media

Haymarket is a specialist publishing company operating in many of the world's major markets. Haymarket is the largest private – Read more