MPR, Monthly Prescribing Reference, a division of Haymarket Media, Inc, is seeking a Medical Copywriter based in New York, NY. MPR, the drug information arm of Haymarket Media, is a company dedicated to providing effective and efficient drug references and clinical resources to clinicians that lead to better prescribing decisions.
This is a full-time position responsible for the day-to-day curation and development of clinical content for MPR’s digital channels. Editorial content will span a wide range of therapeutic areas for an audience of healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other allied healthcare professionals.
Ideal candidate will have a science/medical background with strong medical writing and copywriting skills. This is a team-oriented position, but the candidate must be a self-starter to maintain workflow for all content. He/She must have the proven ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and curate new content based on timely and trending topics among the healthcare industry and prepare original content based on these topics
- Utilize copywriting skills to develop engaging article headlines, email subject lines and body copy. Translate these materials over to our social media outlets to promote brand and content engagement.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of communications to all audiences to ensure that developed content is well received
- Use science and medical knowledge to select appropriate graphics to accompany written features
- Attend live medical conferences and provide editorial coverage (5% travel time required;
Skills for Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline
- 3+ years experience writing for the healthcare industry required. Must demonstrate familiarity and be comfortable discussing clinical content across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Candidate should possess excellent writing and presentation skills as well as strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with short development cycles and changing priorities and demonstrate effective time management and multitasking ability. Must have a drive for continuous learning and skill development.
- Creativity and the ability to understand pharma marketing and strategy
- Experience with a Content Management System and content curation systems (eg, Publish This!) a plus
- Candidate may be required, occasionally, to work various shifts such as weekends and/or evenings.