Hayneedle

Hayneedle Employee Reviews

Productive, fun atmosphere
Site Merchandiser (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2015
Good place to get started in the eCommerce. Knowledgeable managers, and a relaxed environment. They have decent inter-department communication because of their agile process, which is great, because it creates the sense of working together towards common goals between all of the moving parts within this company.
Very Productive Fun Place to Work
Email Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha NeJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Health care, Pto, Kids Day, Christmas Parties
Cons: none
Typical day at work was sending email to customer regarding there shipment or lost order or order status and answering and questions or concerns they had. Management was excellent with employees. They gave feed back on things you were doing good on and things you needed to work on. Co workers were amazing as well willing to help anyone with anything they needed help with or covering shifts if a person could not make it in. I have to say the hardest part about working there was when emails got back up and we were understaffed at that time. I loved everything about working for Hayneedle only thing about it I didn't like was that it was seasonal only.
Fun Workplace
Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2015
Great friendly people and fun atmosphere. They have great products to take pride in selling. Loved to assist and correct all issues members had with their products and to assist in getting orders shipped out
Horrible Place to Work
Premier Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Too many to list
Management (if you want to call it that) is the worst I have ever seen. Not one of the managers have ever worked a day in anyone's shoes. They were hired from outside the company and have NO CLUE how to do any job that the company offers. This will tell you how bad the turn over rate is there: I worked there 6 months. In that 6 month period, I had 5 "supervisors"!
The pay is below average. The commission is not even worth your time. There is no 401K program.
The only thing that I miss from that place is a few of my co-workers!
Nice, and overall pleasant place to work
Workforce Management/Coordinator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: overtime hours available
Cons: schedule
Nice, and overall pleasant place to work. Customer service via email and also back up phone help then was promoted to the Tower, Workforce Management. Adjustment and scheduling of sales and service help through out the peak holiday season. Very hard working management but very light hearted as well. Most enjoyable part of my day is giving a coworker good news, such as, approving vacation or paid time off.
It's okay
Sales (Current Employee), Omaha, NeJanuary 15, 2015
It is an okay job. However, the job can be tedious with little reward.
Very flexible schedule
Customer Serivce Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 21, 2014
As a seasonal customer service agent, the perks of being a regular employee was also offered to season reps.
Pretty cool job
Work-From-Home Retail Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: no face to face with customers
This job was a fun one. Sort of a dream job in a way because with all of the scams out there claiming to give you “work from home” this offer was legit. I got paid to take orders and chit chat with customers and doing so all in my pajamas. Unfortunately it was only a seasonal position and when it ended for me in January, I was informed that they are not hiring any new at home associates any longer. This was by far my favorite job ever though.
Terrible people who treat you like dirt
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: place is trash
Cons: supervisors will do and say what they want with no penalties, building has been open for 5-6 years and still has no training program.
The phrase to remember if you're considering applying to this company is: am I content with being treated like dirt for the entire career here?

I worked for this company for 3 years in the distribution center in Monroe Oh. During that time, I worked my way up until I had learned every position in the warehouse. I was an hourly who ran the quality assurance department and got paid the same as an entry level employee. My "supervisor" never showed to my department, although whenever we did something good he sure took credit of it, but I was blamed whenever something went wrong. Management stated many times flat out that all of us were replaceable and they proved their point time and time again. They got a new HR to replace the bad one and she is worse than he was. Within 1 month of her showing up, 75% of the receiving department quit , including the team lead, the quality assurance department was melded into the operations department (which I might add, caused 50% of that department to leave as well), 50% of the returns department left, 100% of the shipping department left and 50% of the active department left. Of the new people that were hired in, within 2 weeks, 3 of them quit.

Average raise for a full time employee who has worked for a full year and gets "OT+" raiting (on target +, which is the highest rating you can get if you're not a team lead) is $.05.

The supervisors get bonus' every month for the work that the various departments do and they also get a bonus every month to make sure that they get to keep a cell phone on them (which they use very frequently on the floor). – more... Supervisors are salaried and make ~$50,000/ year base. On top of that, they also make around $20,000 in bonus money/year.

Bonus' are non existent if you're not a salaried individual. Upper management states that it's too expensive for non-exempts to be paid bonus because they would then have to pay taxes also.

Above all worse thing though, is the way they treat their employees. There was an individual who had worked there longer than I had. He fell at work one day due to a brain aneurism and the let him go with no workmans comp, no disability no nothing. They made the claim that it was because it was a pre-existing condition and it made him ineligible for anything. Then, when he got out, they hired him again as SEASONAL PART TIME and put him on the receiving dock. – less
fun place to work, leadership is exceptional
Associate Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), omaha neMarch 30, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: benefits
fun place to work, laid back atmosphere great coworkers and good perks including summer hours which are half day fridays during the summer.
Fun and productive company with an energetic atmosphere
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Omaha NEJanuary 21, 2014
Supervise the day to day Call Center Operations focused on growing sales, maintaining service levels, training, coaching, and working on projects to enhance operational efficiencies.
Good Part time Job
Temp. Customer Service I - Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NeJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: working in retail
Cons: not enough coverage on phones
In my employment history, I had gained some manufacturing & distribution - logistics experience. When working for Hayneedle,as a temporary customer service agent, I was able to work as a team member but also draw from the previous distribution experience when communicating with the warehouse on shipments. This position proved to be a tremendous (and essential) experience within sales & service for visual and also hands-on experience in regards to the day to day activities of the warehouse.

In learning the consumer field, customers depend on great service through the company’s inter- office communications for support in loads information and delivery dates, especially for shipment that need to be rushed. The experience of working in both the call center & warehouse (together) was beneficial to me. Again, the experience I gained in the warehouse supplied me with that all around experience when communicating with staff members as well as to both the consumer and/or with the merchant.
Great company and wonderful talent!
Talent Acquistion (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexibility of working from home, relaxed culture, family oriented and has fun activities
Hayneedle has a fantastic culture. The people here care about your development, your ideas, and you as a person. They give you the ability to get exposure to as many areas as you desire. You carve your own career path and can move upwards very quickly. They promote internally frequently and incent individuals who take on more projects. The culture is filled with people who care about the company and it's performance. We know when to work hard and we know how to have fun.
Fast paced, the people were great, and I learned alot.
Dock worker (Former Employee), Monroe, OhioSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: sometimes difficult hours
Hayneedle is a typical shipping and receiving company. I thought that the work experience there taught me alot about productivity and working as a team. The people I worked with were great.
was a fun place very family orenitated
DC equipment operator (Former Employee), Middletown, OHApril 3, 2013
Cons: some days can be long or some short
i would recomend this to anyone with the skills for the area. i enjoyed the place an would go back to it if giving a chance to do so
Headquarters