Hayneedle

Hayneedle Employer Reviews

Terrible people who treat you like dirt
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: place is trash
Cons: supervisors will do and say what they want with no penalties, building has been open for 5-6 years and still has no training program.
The phrase to remember if you're considering applying to this company is: am I content with being treated like dirt for the entire career here?

I worked for this company for 3 years in the distribution center in Monroe Oh. During that time, I worked my way up until I had learned every position in the warehouse. I was an hourly who ran the quality assurance – more... department and got paid the same as an entry level employee. My "supervisor" never showed to my department, although whenever we did something good he sure took credit of it, but I was blamed whenever something went wrong. Management stated many times flat out that all of us were replaceable and they proved their point time and time again. They got a new HR to replace the bad one and she is worse than he was. Within 1 month of her showing up, 75% of the receiving department quit , including the team lead, the quality assurance department was melded into the operations department (which I might add, caused 50% of that department to leave as well), 50% of the returns department left, 100% of the shipping department left and 50% of the active department left. Of the new people that were hired in, within 2 weeks, 3 of them quit.

Average raise for a full time employee who has worked for a full year and gets "OT+" raiting (on target +, which is the highest rating you can get if you're not a team lead) is $.05.

The supervisors get bonus' every month for the work that the various departments do and they also get a bonus every month to make sure that they get to keep a cell phone on them (which they use very frequently on the floor). Supervisors are salaried and make ~$50,000/ year base. On top of that, they also make around $20,000 in bonus money/year.

Bonus' are non existent if you're not a salaried individual. Upper management states that it's too expensive for non-exempts to be paid bonus because they would then have to pay taxes also.

Above all worse thing though, is the way they treat their employees. There was an individual who had worked there longer than I had. He fell at work one day due to a brain aneurism and the let him go with no workmans comp, no disability no nothing. They made the claim that it was because it was a pre-existing condition and it made him ineligible for anything. Then, when he got out, they hired him again as SEASONAL PART TIME and put him on the receiving dock. – less
fun place to work, leadership is exceptional
Associate Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), omaha neMarch 30, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: benefits
fun place to work, laid back atmosphere great coworkers and good perks including summer hours which are half day fridays during the summer.
Fun and productive company with an energetic atmosphere
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Omaha NEJanuary 21, 2014
Supervise the day to day Call Center Operations focused on growing sales, maintaining service levels, training, coaching, and working on projects to enhance operational efficiencies.
Good Part time Job
Temp. Customer Service I - Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NeJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: working in retail
Cons: not enough coverage on phones
In my employment history, I had gained some manufacturing & distribution - logistics experience. When working for Hayneedle,as a temporary customer service agent, I was able to work as a team member but also draw from the previous distribution experience when communicating with the warehouse on shipments. This position proved to be a tremendous (and – more... essential) experience within sales & service for visual and also hands-on experience in regards to the day to day activities of the warehouse.

In learning the consumer field, customers depend on great service through the company’s inter- office communications for support in loads information and delivery dates, especially for shipment that need to be rushed. The experience of working in both the call center & warehouse (together) was beneficial to me. Again, the experience I gained in the warehouse supplied me with that all around experience when communicating with staff members as well as to both the consumer and/or with the merchant. – less
Great company and wonderful talent!
Talent Acquistion (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexibility of working from home, relaxed culture, family oriented and has fun activities
Hayneedle has a fantastic culture. The people here care about your development, your ideas, and you as a person. They give you the ability to get exposure to as many areas as you desire. You carve your own career path and can move upwards very quickly. They promote internally frequently and incent individuals who take on more projects. The culture is – more... filled with people who care about the company and it's performance. We know when to work hard and we know how to have fun. – less
Fast paced, the people were great, and I learned alot.
Dock worker (Former Employee), Monroe, OhioSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: sometimes difficult hours
Hayneedle is a typical shipping and receiving company. I thought that the work experience there taught me alot about productivity and working as a team. The people I worked with were great.
was a fun place very family orenitated
DC equipment operator (Former Employee), Middletown, OHApril 3, 2013
Cons: some days can be long or some short
i would recomend this to anyone with the skills for the area. i enjoyed the place an would go back to it if giving a chance to do so

About Hayneedle

Ready to experience real job satisfaction, intellectual growth, a good dose of fun and positive work relationships? Then welcome – Read more