Hayneedle Employee Reviews

Meh
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2017
I joined them when they were still known as Netshops as a Quality Assurance Tester.

Management was rather disconnected from their employees.

They'd have company with meetings to get some face time but, they never took the time to understand the companies internal problems.

It was a seen and be seen then get out.

Many of their own staff had great ideas on how to fix "said problems" and grow the business but, they were discouraged on sharing ideas because, it might make someone who held a job title responsible for fixing the problems and growing the business look bad.

Needless to say they've shrunk and have had brain drain of their top talent since I left.
Great training and a fun environment to work in.
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2017
Hayneedle gave me a great training program and a fun working environment. Really flexible with college and everyone is so helpful and willing to help.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very Loud
Terrible experience
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 29, 2017
Absolute terrible workplace, worst HR staff I have ever came across. The supervisory staff does not care about the employees at all but are very good at faking it when higher ups came to visit.
it sucked
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHFebruary 14, 2017
management is poor HR is poor, everyone doesn't get treated equal, don't always work a full shift, so not guaranteed 40 hours a week
Pros
12.25 and hour
Cons
don't get 40 hours a week
Slow paced, isn't always busy, expect you to meet certain quotas shortly after starting
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 6, 2017
I liked the fact that you could advance in the company. And the employees were really nice. The hours aren't very flexible and the management wasn't the greatest. They caused unneccesary stress for employees who are still trying to learn by giving them nearly impossible quotas to fill. I was supposed to be an email specialist and the emails got done way too quickly so then we had to help with calls but then we weren't getting enough calls for everyone to help. So basically you just sit there waiting for a customer. I waited for almost an hour before. Then, since emails depleted so quickly I could never get enough emails done for the quota then I'd get called in to talk about why that is.. Also, when you had a question about something you'd have to wait for like 30 minutes to get it answered which also didn't help for the quota. The hourly pay was great though but it wasn't worth all the stress.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Hard to meet quota, can be sitting there with nothing to do, waiting time for questions
Problem fixer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2017
Locate missing orders, confer with delivery companies and distribution warehouses in attempt to locate missing orders, send out replacement parts, take orders, assist in minor assembly of products
Not a good place to work due to management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 13, 2017
I loved the job itself but they never told anyone they wasn't going to hire anyone on. I had 100% qa scores and 92% attendance.
Pros
Free food at times.
Cons
Short breaks. Couldn't ever get a day off even in advance.
Productive workplace.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHDecember 9, 2016
It stayed busy and I really liked that. I didn't like loading and unloading by hand. Friendly work environment. Hours were good.
Best Place I've Worked So Far!
Product Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2016
This place is fantastic. Your work is valued here and you feel like you are apart of a team who is working on the same bigger goal. They give their employees great intensives like breakfast on fridays, PTO, great insurance benefits, and holiday pay. Sure the work can be stressful but they defiantly pay you back for it. They value their employees and you can tell.
Pros
Friendly work environment, Feeling like you're one of the team, great benefits, flexible
do not get sucked into this company
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2016
save yourself and don't bother applying here. supervisors and managers do not know what the heck they are doing, supervisors stand around and do nothing to help agents. they do not hold true to what is told during interview or training. trainers suck and are inappropriate. QA on calls is a joke. they constantly take people from the email que they were hired for and move them to taking calls, but consistenly hire more email people and not phone people. work force is a joke. stay away. shift bids every 3 months. almost worse than working for West.
Pros
free snacks on fridays, popcorn on tues/thursday
Cons
management not truthful.
Worst job I ever had
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 18, 2016
White male slavery is alive and well in SW Ohio. Negative atmosphere comes from above. It's tolerated that a few co-workers are also part of the problem along with the staff. Even the HR person quit. High turnover. Low morale.
Pros
Last day of work. Given gloves for the following chore.
Cons
Non-smoker having to pick up cigarette butts from the parking lot on slow days.
Working for Hayneedle
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 30, 2016
This is a good company, however their pay has a lot to be desired. This is a perfect job for high school students, if they want people to work full time they need to pay them a better wage. They are so short staffed that they wiz through training and that causes problems. They do not have enough employees, so there is not enough people to assist customers, and to do proper training of new employees. They breeze through training and throw you on the phones, and it is sink or swim.
Pros
i work from home
Cons
training
its ok job but do not take it
senior customer service center (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 24, 2016
. management does not care about employees will smirk and laugh
. the QA team will bring you down with dumb reasons like grammar
. particular supervisor will act like she cares but will talk about you behind your back to social group
. Beware who you friends with
. Everything done under table its like being in high school again
Pros
getting out of there
Cons
schedules
Decent
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2016
Job is not difficult. The people that work there are nice. The location is convenient. Summer Fridays are the biggest perk.
Pros
Summer fridays
Cons
Little flexibility, timeline specific movement not based on merit, pay is not competitive, no sick leave, there is no consistency in the company
Customer Service Advocate
Senior Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2016
Overall a great care center to work at, Friendly co-workers and flexibility in scheduling. Benefits for this particular job were fair and the company offered decent incentives to keep moral up during high volume of calls coming in.
Very Physical
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHApril 6, 2016
It was the hardest job I ever did. Management was nice. It was very laid back. I learned how to drive the turret truck. The workers had been there a long time and seemed to resent new hires.
Pros
No customers, employee discount
Cons
Not many hours, low pay
Not the best but good money
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha neFebruary 3, 2016
This is a fair company I worked there for about three months. They are pretty strict with QA and management sucks but they are understanding and you get up to 8 calls in that's a full day and if you come in and leave that's only a half point so you have opportunity to miss 16 half days a year with no consequences which is great. But is very repetitive and you are not appreciated
Pros
Money
Cons
You ever wonder why call centers have a high turn over? Work here.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 31, 2015
The employees don't get paid enough for the work they do. Starting pay is 12.50. Employees that have been there 6yrs haven't reached 13.00 yet. When they do get a raise it's pennies.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
management doesn't care about employees
Stressful but Entertaining
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2015
Typical day at work would require a call log of over 100+ calls per person. Some phone calls can be entertaining some can be quiet stressful in regards with how each person is handled. What I've learning from this position is how to adapt more to people outside of my normal exposure. There are some people that you just cannot help no matter how hard you try. Management did the best they could to help alleviate some of that stress and made sure that if there was something that you didn't know or how to handle they were there. What made the environment even more cope able, are the people that I worked with. The way our desk are set up we had rows/pods. People that you leaned on when you had a quick question and you couldn't find the answer. The people that I work with in my section are definitely more enjoyable than most people I have encountered on the phones. They are wonderful people. The hardest part of the job is selling. I loathe lying to a client, but when they ask for my opinion I have to make a statement that will help sales and help the client. I have never been a fan of high priced items but if a client is looking for a specific item I have to do what I can to help them with inside knowledge. Look up things the client cannot see in order to help them. What I do enjoy about the job, though, is every now and then you get that one client that makes the rest of the day seem like nothing. Ones that you can guide with ease and are extremely grateful to have me on the phone with them. Not to mention my co workers. When we aren't on calls, we cut loose and have a great time.
Pros
Management is always doing what they can to help the people on the floor
Cons
penalty system- points based
Review of Hayneedle
Forecasting & Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, neAugust 5, 2015
Fast paced environment. Managers were not that friendly and work/personal life balance was a struggle. Communication problems became regular and policy for business always changing with the environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hayneedle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8