Hays CISD Employee Reviews

This was just a prn position, ran school clinic
Substitute School Nurse (Former Employee) –  various schools in Hays County.February 4, 2016
This was a prn position, please see resume. I ran the school clinic when the regular nurse couldn't be there. I took care of injuries, gave medications as ordered and did the other things a school nurse would do.
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kyle and Buda and Northern San Marcos TexasAugust 21, 2015
Apply at Austin ISD if you want more money, you start at $80 per day and it never goes up. Also you have to have 30 hours of college credit to apply there. At Austin you don't have to have credit and after 30 days it goes up to $100 per day and then after 60 days on the job it goes up to $125 a day. The good thing about Hays is that you know everyone if you want to get hired there as a full time teacher and if you want to stay out of the city another good thing is that you don't have to answer personal questions about yourself such as own up to every time you've been arrested.
Pros
Small town feel
Cons
Low pay
School Nurse Substitute :)
School Nurse Substitute PRN (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXDecember 26, 2012
I like working for Hays CISD. As a substitute nurse I rotate locations within the school district and still feel like I am part of a team. Nursing supervisors and colleagues are just a phone call away; very approachable and kind in providing assistance when needed. Also the rest of the school district staff is rather engaged and helpful.
Pros
feel like i am part of a team, staff is kind in providing assistance when needed.
Cons
unlike other school districts, work day starts at 7 am and some campus nurses don't schedule a lunch hour
Stable place to work
Library Technician (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXMay 31, 2012
Great place to start a career. I assist the librarian with circulation and troubleshoot technology issues around campus.
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXAugust 30, 2015
I did my intern at Lehman high school and it helped me get ready for real life classroom situation: classroom set up, student interaction, interruption...
Pros
great experience
Cons
Long commute
Nice co-workers who are helpful to new employees.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXSeptember 1, 2012
I've only been driving the bus for 1 week. My back is bothering me from bouncing in the driver seat on bumpy roads and not having lumbar support. The air conditioner is not working properly, so it's hot and uncomfortable on the bus with 40 - 60 children riding along. I'm not going to trash the job because it's just not for me, but if you need some pocket money, this is for you! The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out....lol
Fast paced from start to finish of day
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJuly 24, 2013
Learned working in a commercial kitchen environment as a team member of a staff of five workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the students and feeding them wholesome and nutritious food. The hardest part of the job was cleanup as we never had time to complete the task inside our time window.
Pros
Work hours worked with kids schedules
Cons
Communication between multi-cultural community
Amazing Students
Teacher of Students with Autism (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXMarch 12, 2015
I would like to have the expertise to effectively and permanently change the standard of living for those affected with Autism or developmental disabilities. Every day is different in content but the same in what the goal is.
Pros
Support Staff
Cons
Healthcare
great work place
Attendance clerk and Parent Liasion (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TexasFebruary 22, 2012
This was a great job with a great company. The values, based on the children's education is a core value in which all their efforts are based around
Pros
summers off; work mornings m-f
Cons
not flexible if you have school in the mornings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays CISD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5