Hays Medical Center

Hays Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive work environment with caring staff
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Hays, KSApril 16, 2014
A typical day at Hays Med is a busy one! As Health Unit Coordinator, my job is to process new patients, discharge those who went home, enter the orders written by physicians into MediTech, answer multiple phone lines, greet hospital patrons and direct them to various areas of the hospital, fax and make copies, and keep all patient information updated, – more... protected, and organized.

Working mainly among nurses and physicians, I have great insight to the medical profession and all of the care and expertise that goes into it. The floor I mainly work on is CPCU; short for Cardiac Progressive Care Unit. This is where patients who are having heart issues or are recovering from heart surgery come to hang out and get well. Floors that I have worked on in the past are Surgical, Medical, ICU, and OB. Floating to different units as needed is part of my job and allows me to see other areas of the hospital and is my favorite aspect of working at Hays Med.

I have grown very close to my coworkers over the six years that I have worked there. Many of us are good friends and enjoy working together as a team every day to accomplish the tasks ahead of us and keep the unit running as efficiently as possible. The better the unit runs as a whole, the more time is available for great patient care; this remains our goal above all. At the end of the day, I know that I have worked hard to achieve this goal in coordination with my awesome coworkers and staff. A great place to have worked for so long, Hays Med remains my greatest source of valuable experience in terms of clerical work and customer service. – less
coworkers
MEDICAL/SURGICAL LPN (Former Employee), hays ksJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: closer to home
Cons: cliquish
I and majority of coworkers usually worked together to provide good patient care. Management treated people like numbers.
Very good hospital for the size.
Imaging Technologist (Current Employee), Hays, KSDecember 21, 2013
Pros: employee/volunteer/families free picnic twice per year, pretty good job security for people with a specialty, hospital still financially strong.
Cons: hospital hired an evaluation company and employee stress level increased after they left.
One of the better hospitals I have worked at (was a travel tech for a couple years). High quality employees throughout. Keep very busy, with hardly any morning or afternoon breaks. Some people don't like the administration, but they have been doing a good job in my opinion. Hospital kept very clean.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Hays, KSMay 5, 2013
Pros: great culture
Cons: automatically deducted lunch 0.5 hour isn't usually possible to take
Great people and bosses. Above average pay, great benefits. The management really seems to care about the employees.
HMC promotes professional growth
Senior Focused Care (Current Employee), Hays, KSJanuary 20, 2013
Hays Medical Center is committed to providing the highest level of patient care possible. They promote their employees to pursue professional intrests and higher education.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hays, KSDecember 4, 2011
Pros: flexible schedule, nice working hours
Cons: not much work in the summer
Overall I really enjoyed working at Hays Medical Center. I had very positive people to work with, which made it an excellent working environment.