Haywood Community College

Haywood Community College Employer Reviews

A great learning experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Clyde, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: greatly increased my knowledge in all areas.
Cons: very demanding but i wish i could have done more.
Tutoring other students is not only rewarding, is also hard work. After my experience tutoring at HCC I realize that I learned more by tutoring than I did in a classroom setting.
Work Study
Work Study/Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Clyde, NCSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
The hours are workable around your class schedule. General office duties are primarily the work conditions. Co-workers can be testy but helping others was the best part.
Friendly atmosphere with a gifted professor
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Clyde, NCMarch 19, 2013
My professor is the head of the accounting department at Haywood Community College, and has a special gift for decoding the accounting arts. within the first day of class, the confusion of which accounts to use for certain entries was gone. With the simple system of Debits = Drawing, Expenses, Assets or DEA, and Credits = Cash, Revenues, and Liabilities. – more... With the focus of recognizing where transactions are to be posted, it seemed like a very enlightening and informative stay. Another key element of the education gained was learning about how the jobs of the future have not even arrived yet. Realizing the continuous growth of technology will probably not stop any time soon, they tried to instill problem solving abilities to prepare for the jobs of the future. – less
Was a student
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Clyde, NCFebruary 6, 2013
Wasn't a job. I was a student. Was a great educational experience for me