Haywood Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful place to work
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCNovember 25, 2015
Wonderful environment to develop and exercise teaching skills. Professional development is offered for improving and advancing these skills. Well equipped and managed with beautifully maintained campus and buildings.
Great hours and benefits!
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJune 8, 2015
My typical day included various duties. I answered the main switchboard along with being a cashier for the college taking payments for tuition. Along with those duties, I also helped with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
Pros
Great Hours!
Cons
Management wass not the best at the time!
Excellent place to work
Lead Phlebotomy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCMay 4, 2015
I have been a part time instructor at the college for several years. I have always enjoyed working there and look forward to continuing my employment there.
Pleasant workplace good exposure to duties I had never done.
Foundation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I was responsible for bulk mailings to donors and potential donors. I received donation information and created thank you letters to donors on a daily basis. I organized and took the minutes for the monthly Foundation Board Member meetings. I worked closely with the President of the college, Foundation Board members and Board of Directors. I work closely with the Foundation Director and Media specialist to organize fund raising events. I worked part-time from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. It was a joy to work with my co-workers in the Student Center and I had an opportunity to meet and have contact with all employees of the college. I created all the forms we used in the Foundation office and created an alumni data base using Access. Working at the college gave me a great sense of accomplishment because I was exposed to work I had never done before and learned to do on my own. The hardest part of the job was getting the bulk mailings out by myself in a timely manner.
Pros
positive atmosphere and a great sense of accomplishment
Cons
working part-time i had no benefits
Great place to work!!!
Program Manager of Appalachian Music (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCJune 2, 2014
This has been the most rewarding job I have had. Everyone is great to work with, and they let you do your job without micro-managing.
Pros
great creative atmosphere
Cons
that i could not stay longer!
A great learning experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCApril 29, 2014
Tutoring other students is not only rewarding, is also hard work. After my experience tutoring at HCC I realize that I learned more by tutoring than I did in a classroom setting.
Pros
greatly increased my knowledge in all areas.
Cons
very demanding but i wish i could have done more.
Work Study
Work Study/Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCSeptember 27, 2013
The hours are workable around your class schedule. General office duties are primarily the work conditions. Co-workers can be testy but helping others was the best part.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
Friendly atmosphere with a gifted professor
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMarch 19, 2013
My professor is the head of the accounting department at Haywood Community College, and has a special gift for decoding the accounting arts. within the first day of class, the confusion of which accounts to use for certain entries was gone. With the simple system of Debits = Drawing, Expenses, Assets or DEA, and Credits = Cash, Revenues, and Liabilities. With the focus of recognizing where transactions are to be posted, it seemed like a very enlightening and informative stay. Another key element of the education gained was learning about how the jobs of the future have not even arrived yet. Realizing the continuous growth of technology will probably not stop any time soon, they tried to instill problem solving abilities to prepare for the jobs of the future.
Was a student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCFebruary 6, 2013
Wasn't a job. I was a student. Was a great educational experience for me

4.9