Haywood Regional Medical Center

Haywood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Clyde, NCApril 7, 2015
We are a high pace work place that loves to take care of people and each other. From the CEO down to my co-workers we take our job seriously and professionally.
Loved interacting with patients
CATERING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Clyde, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: 10 % discount on meals and free drinks
A typical day at work consisted of a 10 hour day. Never worked in a catering associate. Learned a lot about foods and diet orders. Made a lot of new friends.
This job and workplace has always been there for me
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Clyde, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the people/sense of accomplishment
While working at HRMC, I have been both a full time and part time student and the pharmacy department has always had my back and allowed me to continue to work there. If it wasn't for them I couldn't have accomplished what I have.
Good working environment and the feeling of helping peiople
Billing Clerk for Home Health Services and Hospice (Former Employee), Clyde, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good co-workers and a sense of helping patients
Cons: heavy workload and becoming attached to patients and death
I was a billing clerk for Home Health and Hospice. I billed Medicare, Medicaid, Private insurance and self pay for the patients. I worked closely with the nurses, CNA's and specialty therapists for billing purpose. I had access to medical records, doctor's orders and supply lists to enable me to bill properly. Attended classes annually to keep updated on Medicare and Medicaid regulations. Worked with Hospice in the planning of fund raising events and volunteer appreciation luncheons. I was responsible for maintaining Policy and Procedure Manual. I admired the people that went into the homes of patients and took care of them on a daily basis. I enjoyed my co-workers and became attached to patients just through the billing process. The hardest part of the job was keeping updated and informed of Joint Commission procedures and not knowing when they may show up and not knowing who they might come to, to ask questions or the possibility of being sited for something not being up to regulations. Everyone had to know their part of the process in order to make everything flow. Billing pulled all the information together as a summary for billing purposes.
Healthcare facility with some perks
Medical Record Release of Information Clerk (Current Employee), Clyde, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: state retirement plan, health insurance, discounted meals and the fitness center facility
Cons: dealing with the public when they are unhappy and/or mad
A typical day at my job is generally fast paced and can be very stressful. Most of what I do is time sensitive and involves generating dollars for the facility. I've been in medical records for 13 years and still learn new things all the time. The reason for that is because guidelines, Hippa laws and new information keeps changing. The more I learn, the more power I feel that I have in my position. I work very closely with others that depend on me to get my job done in a timely manner so they can do their job. The hardest part of my job is the challenging computer systems that I use. I have three and one of them is down some of the time. Therefore, it makes my job harder in trying to get requests out within the time frame requested. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients get their records in a timely fashion for their continuing care.
good place to work while in school
Emergency Depart Technician-II (Former Employee), Clyde, NCNovember 3, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: long wait times in the ed.
was a great place to work while i was in rn school coworkers were great.
High Morals
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Clyde, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great working enviroment
Cons: no advancement in this company
This job started my medical career in Medical Billing. This was a wonderful Hospital to work for. The management was very supportive. Co-worker was caring and very helpful.
Great place
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Clyde, NCJuly 7, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: small community hospital
Great small hospital. Management great to work for then hands changed over to bigger hospital after I left. Close to home.