Haywood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Can be hard if you don't fall into the promient group or question favoritism.
CLINICAL STAFF PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMay 12, 2017
When I first started there, I got along with practically everyone. When I left, there was hardly anyone still there from when I first started. There were 2 dominant personality pharmacists who acted like they knew everything and did not cooperate with anyone who was not in their following. Life was not good.
Pros
Medium sized hospital
Cons
Hired the 1st person they interviewed when there was an opening.
drawing blood specimen from my patients. Helping to set up different specimen for the lab. tech.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCFebruary 19, 2017
I loved working in HRMC, to interact with people. The workplace was fast paced. My coworkers where very good. The most enjoyable part was to help people.
Pros
nice people
Cons
fast paced
small town hospital big city changes
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCFebruary 19, 2017
this was a great small town hospital that has been taken over by a corporate office out of state. new management has instituted some policies that may not go over well in this community in an attempt to make changes. i remain hopeful that this will not swing too far from the small town provider that this community needs
Overall Review of Job/Environment
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCFebruary 11, 2017
it is a good place to work, employees are friendly and helpful, good employment benefits, management is approachable and helpful
Steady enviorment
Customer Service, Collections (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 18, 2017
I worked there for several years, when there was a hiring freeze. I transferred departments on a lateral move with no increase in pay. Making minimum wage. Did the work of about 10 different people and never felt appreciated. Had a manager who didn't know how to do her job, was always asking me questions. Which like anyone would assume was incredibly frustrating knowing her pay was MUCH higher than mine. I worked all shifts in the billing department, verified insurance, checked patients in, worked in the cashiers office, and would also pick up shifts in the ER since we were short staffed. Basically over worked myself and had enough and inquired employment else where. I stayed there for so long because of the very close family environment, hated to leave because of how great the atmosphere between employees was Here good things about the hospital now with pay and jobs!
Pros
family environment upon employees, free gym membership
Cons
pay, poor management in my department
Case Manager for Hospice
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 24, 2016
I enjoy working for Hospice patients and family. A typical day starts at 0800 until 1630, unless issues arrive. I take call twice a week, and every other weekend. I love what I can do for the patients and their families regarding diagnosis, medication, visits, and overall management of their care. Of course, the patient dies, but know I did everything within my scope of practice to make death mental and physical as comfortable as possible.
Pros
patient and family interaction
Cons
death and dying
Small hospital with a large volume of procedures
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCSeptember 25, 2015
This hospital just recently started a vascular clinic so there are constantly vascular procedures going on as well as many diagnostic procedures.
Awesome job with great benefits!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJune 8, 2015
I worked with patients regarding their demographics, insurance verification along with their co-pays and deductibles. My everyday job duties included quite a lot. I was placed in the ED, Outpatient, Inpatient, and Behavioral Health Unit doing various duties as described previously. I also worked in Labor and Delivery preparing birth and death certificates to send to the State of North Carolina. I really enjoyed every part of my job as a Patient Access Representative. I truly care about a persons well-being and being able to help others!
Pros
Great hours!
Cons
Short breaks!
Very nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCApril 7, 2015
We are a high pace work place that loves to take care of people and each other. From the CEO down to my co-workers we take our job seriously and professionally.
Loved interacting with patients
CATERING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of a 10 hour day. Never worked in a catering associate. Learned a lot about foods and diet orders. Made a lot of new friends.
Pros
10 % discount on meals and free drinks
This job and workplace has always been there for me
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCMarch 4, 2015
While working at HRMC, I have been both a full time and part time student and the pharmacy department has always had my back and allowed me to continue to work there. If it wasn't for them I couldn't have accomplished what I have.
Pros
The people/sense of accomplishment
Cons
Good working environment and the feeling of helping peiople
Billing Clerk for Home Health Services and Hospice (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I was a billing clerk for Home Health and Hospice. I billed Medicare, Medicaid, Private insurance and self pay for the patients. I worked closely with the nurses, CNA's and specialty therapists for billing purpose. I had access to medical records, doctor's orders and supply lists to enable me to bill properly. Attended classes annually to keep updated on Medicare and Medicaid regulations. Worked with Hospice in the planning of fund raising events and volunteer appreciation luncheons. I was responsible for maintaining Policy and Procedure Manual. I admired the people that went into the homes of patients and took care of them on a daily basis. I enjoyed my co-workers and became attached to patients just through the billing process. The hardest part of the job was keeping updated and informed of Joint Commission procedures and not knowing when they may show up and not knowing who they might come to, to ask questions or the possibility of being sited for something not being up to regulations. Everyone had to know their part of the process in order to make everything flow. Billing pulled all the information together as a summary for billing purposes.
Pros
Good co-workers and a sense of helping patients
Cons
Heavy workload and becoming attached to patients and death
Healthcare facility with some perks
Medical Record Release of Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clyde, NCFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at my job is generally fast paced and can be very stressful. Most of what I do is time sensitive and involves generating dollars for the facility. I've been in medical records for 13 years and still learn new things all the time. The reason for that is because guidelines, Hippa laws and new information keeps changing. The more I learn, the more power I feel that I have in my position. I work very closely with others that depend on me to get my job done in a timely manner so they can do their job. The hardest part of my job is the challenging computer systems that I use. I have three and one of them is down some of the time. Therefore, it makes my job harder in trying to get requests out within the time frame requested. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients get their records in a timely fashion for their continuing care.
Pros
State retirement plan, health insurance, discounted meals and the fitness center facility
Cons
Dealing with the public when they are unhappy and/or mad
good place to work while in school
Emergency Depart Technician-II (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCNovember 3, 2013
was a great place to work while i was in rn school coworkers were great.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long wait times in the ed.
High Morals
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCAugust 7, 2013
This job started my medical career in Medical Billing. This was a wonderful Hospital to work for. The management was very supportive. Co-worker was caring and very helpful.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
No advancement in this company
Great place
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJuly 7, 2013
Great small hospital. Management great to work for then hands changed over to bigger hospital after I left. Close to home.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Small community hospital