Hazelden

Hazelden Employer Reviews

Job Tasks
Intake Manager / House Manager/ Admin Marketing (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: helping others
~Assisted the company to promote its services, products and programs through brand identity by producing marketing and informational materials. Coordinated meetings and corporate lunches for special events, Pick up medications from pharmacies if requested by residents. Drove them to meetings, House chores, grocery shopping, Laduary and more.
Community Work
Clinical (Current Employee), Center City, MNMarch 12, 2014
Set in a beautiful setting with a community feel. Lots of beautiful walking trails and free workout facility.
Hazelden offers the best treatment money can buy
Employee (Former Employee), OregonJune 20, 2013
Above average salary; wonderful co-workers, management . . . out of touch with the mission. If you accept a job here, be prepared to employ a lot of self-care.
An inpatient facility with a wide variety of issues and opportunities.
Chemical Dependency Specialist (Former Employee), Newberg, ORApril 26, 2013
There was no real "typical" day of work. I would work with staff at shift change to determine priorities for the evening. I worked with new admissions by providing orientations and counseling for new patients. I also provided counseling services for clients as their needs arose throughout the evening. Group therapy was provided most days, during which – more... assignments were presented.

I learned about effective counseling techniques and how to work on my feet. My skills developed as an effective communicator and I learned how to challenge clients to work toward their own solutions.

At Hazelden, I learned about compromise when working with my co-workers when we did not see eye-to-eye. I learned about the importance of patience and discussion in working out differences between co-workers.

The most difficult part of the job was having more admissions than we had staff to cover. We had to think on our feet during these situations and work to accept and work with unpredicted events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients as their needs arose. The job never ceased to surprise me, and watching clients work out their issues and reach their own conclusions was the most rewarding part of the job. – less
Fast-paced and supportive
Chemical Dependency Intern (Former Employee), Center City, MNFebruary 18, 2013
Residential treatment is extremely fast-paced, and the job entails a lot of documentation. The counseling staff is very supportive and actively mentors new counselors.
Great internship experience at Hazelden
Marketing-Sales Intern (Current Employee), Center City, MNJuly 12, 2012
-Implemented and created social media campaigns
-Participated in B2C and B2B Meetings
-I enjoy working with the marketing group at Hazelden. The marketing managers have taught me so much about social media and marketing.