Hazelden Employee Reviews

Horrible
Dietary assistant (Current Employee), Center City, MNMay 2, 2015
Cons: staff, managers, work enviroment
Poor management and bad employees. If your not favored then they treat you like dirt. They do things behind HRs back and treat everyone unfairly.
World class treatment center
Lead CD Technician at Hazelden Fellowship Club (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 15, 2015
Pros: client/patient 1:1 face time. one can make a difference!
Cons: old computer system. need to update now!
Merged with Betty Ford in 2014, Hazelden is a world class treatment center. Excellent 1:1 with clients is rewarding and challenging. The work is life saving and relentless. Hardest part is accepting the failure rate of recovery. The most enjoyable is seeing clients living life large!
great people, great experience
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Center City, MNFebruary 19, 2015
It was great experince to get into Hazelden. I need more full time hours. The people and management are gerat to work with.
Fast pace and multitasking environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNNovember 28, 2014
Pros: quickly accumulating pto
Cons: next to no additional training time.
Checking in new Mental Health Clinic admissions and current clients. Scheduling appointments for Outpatients as well as Residents in the Chemical Dependency Program. Office supply ordering for the Plymouth campus. Best Practice monthly meeting note/minute taker. Managing daily organizational tasks and scanning documents daily.
Job Tasks
Intake Manager / House Manager/ Admin Marketing (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: helping others
~Assisted the company to promote its services, products and programs through brand identity by producing marketing and informational materials. Coordinated meetings and corporate lunches for special events, Pick up medications from pharmacies if requested by residents. Drove them to meetings, House chores, grocery shopping, Laduary and more.
Hazelden offers the best treatment money can buy
Employee (Former Employee), OregonJune 20, 2013
Above average salary; wonderful co-workers, management . . . out of touch with the mission. If you accept a job here, be prepared to employ a lot of self-care.
An inpatient facility with a wide variety of issues and opportunities.
Chemical Dependency Specialist (Former Employee), Newberg, ORApril 26, 2013
There was no real "typical" day of work. I would work with staff at shift change to determine priorities for the evening. I worked with new admissions by providing orientations and counseling for new patients. I also provided counseling services for clients as their needs arose throughout the evening. Group therapy was provided most days, during which assignments were presented.

I learned about effective counseling techniques and how to work on my feet. My skills developed as an effective communicator and I learned how to challenge clients to work toward their own solutions.

At Hazelden, I learned about compromise when working with my co-workers when we did not see eye-to-eye. I learned about the importance of patience and discussion in working out differences between co-workers.

The most difficult part of the job was having more admissions than we had staff to cover. We had to think on our feet during these situations and work to accept and work with unpredicted events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients as their needs arose. The job never ceased to surprise me, and watching clients work out their issues and reach their own conclusions was the most rewarding part of the job.
Fast-paced and supportive
Chemical Dependency Intern (Former Employee), Center City, MNFebruary 18, 2013
Residential treatment is extremely fast-paced, and the job entails a lot of documentation. The counseling staff is very supportive and actively mentors new counselors.
Great internship experience at Hazelden
Marketing-Sales Intern (Current Employee), Center City, MNJuly 12, 2012
-Implemented and created social media campaigns
-Participated in B2C and B2B Meetings
-I enjoy working with the marketing group at Hazelden. The marketing managers have taught me so much about social media and marketing.
Human Resources department
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee), Center City, MNMay 6, 2012
Fun and enjoy company to work for. HR department work great as team members and very accure in their work