Hazelden Employee Review

An inpatient facility with a wide variety of issues and opportunities.
Chemical Dependency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newberg, ORApril 26, 2013
There was no real "typical" day of work. I would work with staff at shift change to determine priorities for the evening. I worked with new admissions by providing orientations and counseling for new patients. I also provided counseling services for clients as their needs arose throughout the evening. Group therapy was provided most days, during which assignments were presented.

I learned about effective counseling techniques and how to work on my feet. My skills developed as an effective communicator and I learned how to challenge clients to work toward their own solutions.

At Hazelden, I learned about compromise when working with my co-workers when we did not see eye-to-eye. I learned about the importance of patience and discussion in working out differences between co-workers.

The most difficult part of the job was having more admissions than we had staff to cover. We had to think on our feet during these situations and work to accept and work with unpredicted events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients as their needs arose. The job never ceased to surprise me, and watching clients work out their issues and reach their own conclusions was the most rewarding part of the job.

Other Hazelden Employee Reviews

Fantastic work environment
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 25, 2017
Hazelden St Paul has a strong work ethic and supportive team which creates a foundation for a successful employment environment fostering the best experience for counselors and clients alike. A healthy work environment creates better employees and better results.
Pros
Team work, shared load, supervision, clientelle, digital documentation, compass (c) program, etc.
Cons
Pay for lunch, workload, etc.
Very caring environment with room to grow as a person
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Center City, MNMay 16, 2017
I love working at Hazelden treatment center. I have learned to have compassion for people who struggle with the disease of drug and alcohol addiction. The management at Hazelden works to make it a great environment to work in. I facilitate groups for wellness and meet with the clients one on one to help them with anxiety and stress. I have learned a great deal about working with people who struggle with addiction. I would continue to work with Hazelden but I am moving to New Mexico.