Hazelwood school district Employee Reviews

The staff worked together to ensure they were meeting the academic needs of each student.
Elementary School Principal (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2017
The teachers are dedicated to improving the students' education. They work collaboratively and they look for new and improved strategies to assist all their students.
Pros
Student success is most important.
Cons
Not enough time to complete/implement the strategies.
Teachers Assistance (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2017
Love the children & the teachers are very respectful! Love everything about my job! They really love helping the students grow and learn! I also enjoy teaching them , they are eager to succeed in life!
Pros
They take care of the staff
Cons
N/a
Very flexible- you work as much or as little as you want
substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOSeptember 11, 2017
I was a substitute teacher. You accept the jobs you want. If you need to be off that day for some other commitment, you just don't take the jobs. I think that was the best part to me, since it allowed me to be there for my children. The pay was pretty good, but no other benefits offered.
Pros
VERY flexible
Cons
No benefits
Review
Substitute Teacher (K (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 29, 2017
Very nice place to work. Upper management needs some refreshing and compensation could be improved. Other than not many problems calming place to work and the students are great
I really enjoyed my time at Hazelwood
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Hazelwood School District. I really loved my supervisor and my families. The hardest part about my job was getting notification that my position was being eliminated. My workplace was really enjoyable the staff and management was awesome. My typical day of work consisted of taking care of my supervisor needs, registration, helping and assisting teachers, slp's, our diagnostic team, reports, ect.
Pros
staff and families
Cons
unexpected job cuts
Depends on what school you go to but for the most part it's a pretty good school district to work for.
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 5, 2017
Pretty good school district to work for I've been ther for almost five year in have pretty much been to all the school so all and all they are pretty cool.
Pros
Willing to work with you if you have a medical condition.
Cons
Not all the lady's are nice at the schools
Productive and friendly environment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 21, 2017
Co-Workers are very friendly. The people training you are nice and have great work ethics. The environment and the job is very pleasant. I see a career in this field.
Lots of changes happening often
First grade teacher (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 24, 2017
Hazelwood School District was going through many changes when I was employed. Students, teachers and families were wonderful to work with at the elementary level.
Fun environment
Assistant Cheer Coach (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 22, 2017
Assisting with student athletes during practice
Management is fun, hard-working, and fair
The workplace culture is currently being changed
Different communication styles are developed as result of position
Pros
positive rewards for assisting atheltic students
Hazelwood School District is constantly creating opportunities to bring together both school and community.
Principal's Secretary (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work for me consists of acting as liaison to a diverse group of students, parents and staff. Coordinating absences for the day. Delegating and prioritizing work for building and clerical staff in the building. I also processed payroll on a bi-weekly basis.

The hardest part of my job is when situations are out of our control that is going on with either staff and/or students and feeling helpless.

The workplace culture is very diverse, great group of people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be opportunities to help others. I consider myself a true servant to the community.
Review
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  variesMarch 1, 2017
Ok place to work, I dont really have any problems here. My understanding is that they have good benefits. The kids are great but need a lot of redirecting.
Learning Environment
In School Suspension Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 1, 2017
I enjoy my job and coming to work everyday. I get enjoy watching the students develop. We have a fun working environment. It's great.
Productive and Educational
Sub Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 25, 2017
Hazelwood School District was a learning experiences for me and a delightful place to work part-time. Management was very professional and good adminstration. I enjoyed working with the children each day, The hardest part of working at Hazelwood School District was the Fire drills and keeping up with the children.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
On call - sometimes you work
Hazelwood School District gives you the opportunity to meet and interact with a diverse group of people with a variety of backgrounds.
substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Upon entering a building you are always cheerfully greeted by the Office staff. They make you feel welcomed and supply you with the information needed to reach the classroom you have been assigned to for the day. Teachers throughout the building greet you with a smile as you make your way to your room. Everyone offers to assist you if you have questions or need help. The principle usually stops by to introduce himself if you did not meet him in the Main Office. Lesson plans are usually well written and self explanatory. The hardest part of the assignment is usually quickly learning the names and seating of the students. The most enjoyable part of the assignment is being able to help students understand something they may have been having difficulty with. Often times it only takes teaching something from a different viewpoint to help them grasp the concept.
Pros
I can visit all the schools in the district.
Cons
I'm not able to return to buildings to see completed projects.
What Did I Do?!
7th Grade Tier 3 Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 18, 2017
This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. I am so unhappy working here. There are tremendous racial issues and hostility toward people of color, but it is obscured by tokenism. I hate this district and I do not recommend any person of color to work on the west side of the district.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Racism
Custodian
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 14, 2017
Being a custodian was the same as the lead position only less responsibilities. We still had to clean classrooms and detail extra during the summertime. I just wasn't in charge of supplies
Student Teaching
Student Teaching Intern (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 28, 2016
I had a wonderful student teaching experience. It depends on the teacher, administration, students and parents. The stars just lined up right for me.

Thank You God.
Pros
13 min from home, nice co workers. Great team, had loads of fun.
Cons
No pay
Poor Management- No Employee mistreatment protection!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 1, 2016
Run like a mom and pop shop. Some people are employed based on personal friendships and relationships while others are treated incredibly poor. Rules change like the weather in accordance to how the director feels that day. If you're pals with a person in leadership, you'll advance before someone with more seniority. Otherwise they're claiming seniority means eveything ( except when its helpful to someone who isnt a part of the phony buddy system). Complaints result in having your job threatened. There is no one at the top, who can help because they're too busy being loyal to a friendship instead of accessing mistreatment of employees. The benefits are nice. Pay is competitive. It can be decent if you're able to cope with being treated unfairly, having an extremely harsh, arrogant and common acting superior figures. If you can get pass being spoken to disrespectfully by someone who doesn't seem all that educated, you'll be fine. Otherwise use it as a stepping stone to something bigger and better elsewhere before it destroys you! Focus on the kids and the goal of education & safety. Don't allow the negativity to break you because they'll try.
Benefits
Cons
Management!!!
Fun and everchanging workplace
Teachers Aide/Building Aide (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 7, 2016
Working for Hazelwood school district provided multiple times to grow as an individual. It provided stability as well as change. It was nice working with a small group of people who truly understand how to help and be a part of a team.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Fun Place to Work With Excellent Benefits!!!
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
Nice place to Work. I love working with kids so this job is a plus for me! Wish the pay was a little higher! The healthcare benefits are awesome.
Pros
Holidays Off
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hazelwood school district. Our community is ready to answer.

Hazelwood school district Reviews by Location