Hazelwood school district

Hazelwood school district Employer Reviews

enjoyed teaching in this school
Science Teacher (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 12, 2013
Pros: supportive supervisor & teachers
Cons: size of the school
I taught junior high science. I learned the importance of being a team player. My supervisor and fellow teachers were very supportive. The students were great to work with for the most part. The hardest part of the job was I had to leave my job and join my husband to got transferred in the Air Force.
Mediocre
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Hazelwood and FlorissantOctober 17, 2013
Pros: some form of income
Cons: principals attitudes, too many behavioral issues in class, classes too large for teachers to teach
I was a substitute teacher last year 2012. The experiences differed from school to school or class to class. The children past 2nd grade I didn't care for. There were no support from some of the principals and the children were bad! Lots of behavior problems and children wanting to test you. I would prefer more of a permanent job in the schools so you – more... can get to know the children and routines. Didn't like not having a steady pay or some of the attitudes in the school toward subs. If people didn't sub teachers couldn't take off. Some teachers were really nice and subs always nice because they understand how tough the job was. Overall I did pass at signing up for this school again and I pray for the teachers and the children. I learned that I didn't want to teach children past 2nd grade. I didn't have any issues with letting the children know they were still going to work. I did enjoy the job and decided to get a teachers certification to do it full-time as a regular teacher. Subbing is hard and not for everyone but I still enjoyed teaching the children. Can be fun if you like kids and teaching. – less
WAS A GOOD EXPIENCE
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), MOSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: met alot of good people
Cons: alot of bad desicions
WENT IN DID MY JOB TO THE BEST OF MY ABLITIY CLEAN CLASS ROOMS CLEANED RESTROOMS HALLWAYS.MANAGEMENT AT THE WAS NOT VERY GOOD.HAD ALOY OF COMRADERY AT JOB SITE WITH PEOPLE.PUTTING UP WIYH A LOY OF POOR DECISIONS BY MANGEMENT TOWARDS THE END. WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND GETTING ALONG WITH THE ADMINSTRORS. AND SOME OF THE STUDENTS.
Okay for working with kids.
Home School Communicator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2013
Okay for working with kids. Manangement needs to work on fairness however.
teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2013
I had a good experience here, they pushed me to continue to learn and grow
Poor administration
Biology/Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMay 29, 2013
Pros: breaks, holidays
Cons: adminstatrors
Many good teachers but leadership leaves much to be desired. Creates very low morale among employees
ok school district to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMay 22, 2013
liked the variety of school settings to choose from, easy to pick up in school routine
Different experience very fun playing with children at reccess
Clerical Substitute (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MO.May 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch fast pace environment
Cons: there was inconsistant stability with this job.
Greeting children in the morning at breakfast. Answering phones, making copies for teachers, and making annoucements. I learned how to understand and control childrens behavior. I also learned to be very organized and punctual with information that I recieve. My manger was a very nice lady and may co-workers were very nice also. The hardest part about – more... this job was is not knowing if your working the next day or not because I was a clerk subsitute some days I would not get called in for work. – less
Was good until new adminstration came into power, went down hill.
Security Officer, Patroling (Former Employee), Florissant, MOApril 7, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: adminastrators trying to tell you how to do your job, not have done the job themselves!
Checked thatall school buildings were secure.
I had the Most years in and knew more about my job than the supervisor did.
Management: no good comment.
Co-Workers were great to work with.
Weather was not your freind.
Being aroud my Co-Workers.
Substitute in different schools in the Hazelwood School District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJune 6, 2012
Pros: helping the students feel safe and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Cons: no healthcare, on call type of work.
Provided a safe environment for students in the absence of their teacher. Assisted students with academics and behavioral problems. Provided crisis interventions to students when difficult situations occur at school. Stimulated students to participate in activities and achieve positive behavioral goals.
There were daily activities to encourage students and teachers.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2012
Pros: students committed to learning.
Cons: students that were, negatively impacting good students.
A typical day was in the classroom covering lesson plans provided by the assigned teacher. The most important learnig experience was a confirmation, students are the future, teacher commitment is key. Assigned teachers and other substitute teachers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job, was student misbehavior. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was, helping our young people learn. – less
Culturally Aware Environment
Elementary Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMay 17, 2012
Hazelwood School District encompasses much of North County in St. Louis, MO. It is a great district with potential for growth. As a staff member both as a substitute teacher district wide and as a classroom teacher at Larimore Elementary I felt as though I were part of a team of educators focused on student achievement.
Overall positive environment
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Florissant, MOApril 10, 2012
Hazelwood School District was a positive , energetic, and fun environment. The reason I have chosen to seek other employment is because I need consistent work to be able to obtain at least a 40 hour paycheck a week.
great place to work if you enjoy children and not working weekends
bus driver (Current Employee), St. Louis MO.March 7, 2012
Pros: great for people that love weekends, holidays off, great benefits
Cons: paid rate for teachers should be higher
nice benefit package for workers, department of transportation is great if you enjoy split shifts. Also great place to work if you enjoy working outside of an office. Summer pay is not good.
It was a very nice place to work.
driver (Former Employee), hazelwoodNovember 29, 2011
The working atmosphe was very pleasurable. The people i worked with were very nice to be around. I enjoyed learning new things and the trainers were great.i would say that its a nice work enviroment.