Hazelwood school district Employee Reviews in United States

loves the community and the people who work in it.
Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MONovember 27, 2015
Great place to work. Encouraging environment for advancement. additional education encouraged. very flexible. long work day, but makes up for it in days off to spend with the family. hardest part of the job is keeping customers happy. Most enjoyable part of the job is keeping customers happy.
Pros
ample time off, decent pay, great upper management
Cons
stressful
Wonderful Diverse Experience
School Guidance Counselor, K-12 (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOMarch 15, 2016
Excellent experience in Progressive school district. Many opportunities to participate in program development. Opportunity to utilize clinical experience . Opportunity to address trauma concerns in students and community. Professional Development opportunities exist.
Pros
Contempoary strategies in Education
Great school district
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 10, 2016
Hazelwood school district was a wonderful school district in which to work. They appreciated their staff and recognized those who went above and beyond the daily expectations.
Fun Place to Work With Excellent Benefits!!!
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
Nice place to Work. I love working with kids so this job is a plus for me! Wish the pay was a little higher! The healthcare benefits are awesome.
Pros
Holidays Off
Cons
Low pay
Great Organization to Work for!
Recruitment and Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2016
This job has has taught me a lot about supporting and helping people. I have had great leaders who also helped me grow. The School District is moving in a great direction and is growing.
flexible days for working, HR is really helpful.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
I really enjoy the change in scenery going from school to school. i learned how to adapt to the changing environments quickly. Some days would bed easier if I had a set schedule but overall i enjoys the flexible scenes, students, staff, and schedules
environment
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOMay 27, 2016
Hazelwood School District was a very friendly environment. The worked with your schedule and during the holidays staffed showed that they appreciated their staff.
Nice Job To Have For Those Who Work at Night
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOSeptember 16, 2015
There are several schools in the district that are worth working at. There are also a number of schools I won't step foot in. There is a huge lack of discipline among the high schools. Students who continue to break the rules always seem to get another chance. Administrators could be more harsh on those who continuously windup inside of detention and in school suspension. As a substitute, it seems that when you document a case of bad behavior the student usually gets the benefit of the doubt.
Pros
Breaks, Networking, Chose jobs you want to do
Cons
Lack of support from administrators at certain schools
Was good until new adminstration came into power, went down hill.
Security Officer, Patroling (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOApril 7, 2013
Checked thatall school buildings were secure.
I had the Most years in and knew more about my job than the supervisor did.
Management: no good comment.
Co-Workers were great to work with.
Weather was not your freind.
Being aroud my Co-Workers.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
adminastrators trying to tell you how to do your job, not have done the job themselves!
Lots of opportunities
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2015
Hazelwood is a nice place to work. It is a very big district and there are lots of opportunities for everyone. It is a very culturally diversified place.
enjioy being positive role model for students
In School Suspension Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2015
the job can be rewarding, but pay for work is inadequate. ive learned that students who are not prepared by parents at home often don't succeed at school.
Its a nice company to work for
Cook (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 1, 2015
You always stay busy, the management is fair, good co-workers, nothing really hard about the job. I enjoy feeding the students.
Pros
the lunch is free, but not all that great
Cons
the lunch could be longer
great place to work if you enjoy children and not working weekends
bus driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MO.March 7, 2012
nice benefit package for workers, department of transportation is great if you enjoy split shifts. Also great place to work if you enjoy working outside of an office. Summer pay is not good.
Pros
great for people that love weekends, holidays off, great benefits
Cons
paid rate for teachers should be higher
Great Place to Work
Substitute Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  st. louis, moAugust 17, 2014
Great benefits and a team work environment. Management is always willing to assist with any issues at hand.
Great career!
Elementary teacher (Former Employee) –  Jury Florissant MOOctober 17, 2015
I had fun while teaching children and working as a team with other teachers. I was able to use my talents and abilities to the maximum.
Productive with assuring that stations were clean and ready to serve food
Food Preperationer, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty busy. Making sure that all the stations were clean sanitized, and ready to place food into, so that it can be served to every child. Ive learned to pace myself, as well as working more together as a team. The hardest part of my job is when a child doesnt have enough money for food that every other child eats, The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile on every child's face that get's their lunch.
Workplace Environment
Instructional Specialist/Coach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo 63031March 18, 2015
A typical day would be for me as an Instructional Specialist/Coach was to come in and first make sure that we had coverage for the day...(i.e. lunchroom, classroom and outside) then I would check my calendar to see what I had scheduled for the rest of the day from doing lunch duties, observing teachers, giving new parents a tour of the school, doing small group instruction, etc). From doing these things and more on a daily basis I learned that organization is the key and that sometimes everything won't always get done in a day; there is tomorrow.
Many of my co-workers were great but there was always one or two that I had to do whatever it took to make things work with them and for them. The hardest part of my job was realizing that I could not always make everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students in small groups and working along side those teachers that needed help with classroom management and lesson planning/organization. I also loved when teachers would ask me to come in and teach a lesson.
Pros
enjoyed working with the teachers, students and parents
Cons
never enough time to get things done
Ridiculous!
Middle School Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 3, 2015
This is NOT a good school district. The management is not good, the parents and students run the district, and there is so much harassment, slander, and backstabbing going on!

Overall, these people should be ashamed of how they treat their employees.
Pros
good retirement plan
Cons
everything else
I enjoy working with children and staff and public, making a difference in other's lives.
Registrar/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOMay 4, 2015
As challenging as my current position is, I have learned to manage my time and multi-task making the most out of the day. I enjoy seeing the fruits of our labor when students attend our school then move on to the next level then return to report how well they are doing in adulthood.
Productive environment, working with school children Elementary-High School
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2014
On an average day, my work would begin with my starting my bus, and performing all safety checks, documenting mileage, gas, and oil levels. My first pick-ups, were Hazelwood West H.S. students, after completion, I picked up Hazelwood West Middle students, and finally my elementary students. When you work with children, you learn something new everyday, but I managed to get them all safe and sound to their assigned drop-offs with little to no incident (among them.) I was in constant contact with Management all during my trips via radio. I experienced outstanding co-worker relationships. The hardest part was the summers, trying to get the kids home in the heat, as the bus I drove, had no A/C. I would have to say, I loved the weekend field trips (mostly H.S) sports events, especially in the Spring.
Pros
i would have to say the pay and the hours were more than reasonable.
Cons
i would have to say, the boarding of my ice cold bus in winter, getting to work early enough to run it until the heat was sufficient for the children.

Hazelwood school district Reviews by Location