Hazelwood school district

Hazelwood school district United States Employee Reviews

Workplace Environment
Instructional Specialist/Coach (Former Employee), St. Louis, Mo 63031March 18, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with the teachers, students and parents
Cons: never enough time to get things done
A typical day would be for me as an Instructional Specialist/Coach was to come in and first make sure that we had coverage for the day...(i.e. lunchroom, classroom and outside) then I would check my calendar to see what I had scheduled for the rest of the day from doing lunch duties, observing teachers, giving new parents a tour of the school, doing small group instruction, etc). From doing these things and more on a daily basis I learned that organization is the key and that sometimes everything won't always get done in a day; there is tomorrow.
Many of my co-workers were great but there was always one or two that I had to do whatever it took to make things work with them and for them. The hardest part of my job was realizing that I could not always make everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students in small groups and working along side those teachers that needed help with classroom management and lesson planning/organization. I also loved when teachers would ask me to come in and teach a lesson.
productive workplace
Teacher Assist Inschool Suspension Detention (Former Employee), Florissant, MOFebruary 8, 2015
I worked in the Inschool Suspension Room plus afterschool detention. This was one of the hardest jobs that I have worked.
A good place to work.
cafeteria worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2015
Preping and serving food for the children was satisfying. Manager needed more training-it was her first year. The co-workers were friendly.
Fun
Webmaster (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 24, 2014
Cool job, but wish we got holiday breaks paid for Teachers assistants, and greater pay. Overall good place to be and kind people.
na
Substitute Teacher/ Clerical Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2014
Follow the instructions of the teacher and make sure all the students are safe and respect each other as well as myself.
Hazelwood School District Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOOctober 19, 2014
I was responsible for maintaining the safety of students, faculty, and district property. I aided students with school events, helped and escorted parents with directions around our facility, reported to school administration and county law enforcement if needed, I also enforced district procedures and expectations around campus grounds.
Great Place to Work
Substitute Registered Nurse (Current Employee), st. louis, moAugust 17, 2014
Great benefits and a team work environment. Management is always willing to assist with any issues at hand.
Productive environment, working with school children Elementary-High School
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2014
Pros: i would have to say the pay and the hours were more than reasonable.
Cons: i would have to say, the boarding of my ice cold bus in winter, getting to work early enough to run it until the heat was sufficient for the children.
On an average day, my work would begin with my starting my bus, and performing all safety checks, documenting mileage, gas, and oil levels. My first pick-ups, were Hazelwood West H.S. students, after completion, I picked up Hazelwood West Middle students, and finally my elementary students. When you work with children, you learn something new everyday, but I managed to get them all safe and sound to their assigned drop-offs with little to no incident (among them.) I was in constant contact with Management all during my trips via radio. I experienced outstanding co-worker relationships. The hardest part was the summers, trying to get the kids home in the heat, as the bus I drove, had no A/C. I would have to say, I loved the weekend field trips (mostly H.S) sports events, especially in the Spring.
Great place to get classroom experience
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJune 22, 2014
Pros: large area always allowed for daily work
Cons: bad attitudes from kids towards subs
Great place for a future teacher to gain classroom experience
Good school district to work for
Student Transportation Professional (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMay 1, 2014
I enjoyed working for this district and the department I was in. I left because my family and I moved out of the area.
Worst Place Ever
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMarch 31, 2014
This job sucks.... Mangament does not care about you as an employee, the just want to work you like a slave.
enjoyed teaching in this school
Science Teacher (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 12, 2013
Pros: supportive supervisor & teachers
Cons: size of the school
I taught junior high science. I learned the importance of being a team player. My supervisor and fellow teachers were very supportive. The students were great to work with for the most part. The hardest part of the job was I had to leave my job and join my husband to got transferred in the Air Force.
Mediocre
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Hazelwood and FlorissantOctober 17, 2013
Pros: some form of income
Cons: principals attitudes, too many behavioral issues in class, classes too large for teachers to teach
I was a substitute teacher last year 2012. The experiences differed from school to school or class to class. The children past 2nd grade I didn't care for. There were no support from some of the principals and the children were bad! Lots of behavior problems and children wanting to test you. I would prefer more of a permanent job in the schools so you can get to know the children and routines. Didn't like not having a steady pay or some of the attitudes in the school toward subs. If people didn't sub teachers couldn't take off. Some teachers were really nice and subs always nice because they understand how tough the job was. Overall I did pass at signing up for this school again and I pray for the teachers and the children. I learned that I didn't want to teach children past 2nd grade. I didn't have any issues with letting the children know they were still going to work. I did enjoy the job and decided to get a teachers certification to do it full-time as a regular teacher. Subbing is hard and not for everyone but I still enjoyed teaching the children. Can be fun if you like kids and teaching.
WAS A GOOD EXPIENCE
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), MOSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: met alot of good people
Cons: alot of bad desicions
WENT IN DID MY JOB TO THE BEST OF MY ABLITIY CLEAN CLASS ROOMS CLEANED RESTROOMS HALLWAYS.MANAGEMENT AT THE WAS NOT VERY GOOD.HAD ALOY OF COMRADERY AT JOB SITE WITH PEOPLE.PUTTING UP WIYH A LOY OF POOR DECISIONS BY MANGEMENT TOWARDS THE END. WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND GETTING ALONG WITH THE ADMINSTRORS. AND SOME OF THE STUDENTS.
Okay for working with kids.
Home School Communicator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2013
Okay for working with kids. Manangement needs to work on fairness however.
teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2013
I had a good experience here, they pushed me to continue to learn and grow
Poor administration
Biology/Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMay 29, 2013
Pros: breaks, holidays
Cons: adminstatrors
Many good teachers but leadership leaves much to be desired. Creates very low morale among employees
ok school district to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Florissant, MOMay 22, 2013
liked the variety of school settings to choose from, easy to pick up in school routine
Different experience very fun playing with children at reccess
Clerical Substitute (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MO.May 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch fast pace environment
Cons: there was inconsistant stability with this job.
Greeting children in the morning at breakfast. Answering phones, making copies for teachers, and making annoucements. I learned how to understand and control childrens behavior. I also learned to be very organized and punctual with information that I recieve. My manger was a very nice lady and may co-workers were very nice also. The hardest part about this job was is not knowing if your working the next day or not because I was a clerk subsitute some days I would not get called in for work.
Was good until new adminstration came into power, went down hill.
Security Officer, Patroling (Former Employee), Florissant, MOApril 7, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: adminastrators trying to tell you how to do your job, not have done the job themselves!
Checked thatall school buildings were secure.
I had the Most years in and knew more about my job than the supervisor did.
Management: no good comment.
Co-Workers were great to work with.
Weather was not your freind.
Being aroud my Co-Workers.