Hbc

Hbc Employer Reviews

Slave drivers with upper management that doesn't get it
Junior Slave Driver (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 23, 2015
Tough place to work with no real work-life balance. Upper management does not take the advice of lower management and subject matter experts seriously. If you like long hours, no formal comp time policy,limited telecommute (1 work from home day), no vacation carry-over, and for vacation days to be interrupted, then this is the job for you.
we can play basketball and talk to other employees
Fork Lift driver/ Helper (Current Employee), WADecember 6, 2014
Pros: i can learn how to drive the fork lift and the stand up fork lift
Cons: its a slow business. its a on call job.
My view with them HBC is a slow company. its a on call job and i hardly get less then 30 hours. mostly its 3 days a week. it depends on the container we will be receiving.
Productive and wonderful place of employment. Great benefits, staff and safe environment to work.
HBC/ GM Procurment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employee benefits, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: nothing
Although I recently lost my job at American Sales due to a recent transition, I really enjoyed the people that I have worked with for the past 20 years that I was employed there. I have had the ability to grow within the organization and have learned many different areas of the distribution center. By having the opportunity to work in different areas of the company it allowed me to take experiences from one department to another. I was able to create and maintain good communication with my fellow co-workers and learn a great deal from them.
A challenging work environment
Distribution and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work and co-workers
Cons: low staff and untrustworthy hr department.
I coordinate the efforts of the inventory team to identify and solve inventory issues during the production shift. I enjoy the challenge of problem solving. I have learned how to think outside the box to solve difficult issues. I enjoy my co-workers and immediate supervision.
The most difficult part of the job is staff retention and cross training through out the different job types.
Nice people and good working place
Beauty Exclusive Sales Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee), PhilippinesJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare/ short breaks
• friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
• Process the cash payment, check payment, and credit cards transactions. Promoting/Endorsing product
• Part of the job is promoting the promo or products on sale.

*I learned how to be a good salesperson .

*The management is good in terms of handling people.

*Good employee-employer relationship.

*The hardest part of my job is when there is a customer complaints but I know how to deal with it.

*The most enjoyable part of my job is when there is a customer satisfaction.
there is definitely a clique
Clerk, Harris Teeter (Current Employee), Kill Devil Hills, NCMay 17, 2014
Pros: great customers and a few co-workers
Cons: lousy workers, overworked and underpaid
Not the best place to work considering no one wants to actually work as a team.
Long Shifts
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Meadow Lands, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: benefits/union
Cons: management/percent standard
While some may see it as an easy job, others cannon cope with the long mandatory hours required. Management aside it is a good job with nice people. Most of the management is not helpful and often tries to micro manage. Also be weary here, though it may be a union postion HR will find ways to fire people left & right. The benefits are second to none and the pay is good but this company does not care for its employees, example, they give you $25 gift card to THEIR store for a holiday bonus. lastly you work on a percentage system were you must work at least 95% productivity, inactivity can result in punishment after multiple "PCW's". ALL in ALL great short term job 1 to 3 years but not a great place for a career, no job advancement, at all.
no room for growth
GM Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJNovember 27, 2013
Privately own company with very little room for growth.

I work with some great people at C&S, it felt more like a family.
Good
Prep Cook and Wait staff (Former Employee), MIJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good money
Greet guests. Responsible for opening and closing restaurant. Following recipe guidelines to meet or exceed guests expectations. Cleaned and restocked the alley and line with items needed to complete orders on time. Kept the kitchen organized. Fun place to work.
A fun place to work with good people to work with.
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: relaxed time schedule
Cons: no healthcare, no 401k, no direct deposit
A typical day at HBC was very fast paced and productive. It required for each employee to be very dedicated to his/her queue. Although it the ability to focus is also a requirement, laughter was always needed as well.

As a Collection Manager, the hardest part of the job was being able to keep employees motivated while battling the knowledge of the company being in a poor financial situation. It was through this time that I learned not only about managing people, but I learned the importance of patience and understanding
Not bad, but entirely too exclusive.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, PAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: tons of hours, good pay, relatively easy work
Cons: no communication between management, looking for reasons to fire, excessively strict attendence policy
I worked here for a period of four months, the time it generally takes for a full time employee to join their Teamsters Union however when I was just a week away from joining I accidentally cut my thumb through their "Kevlar" protective glove. It wasn't bad and as I was cleaning it out one of the senior union members reported it to management and a huge deal was made out of it. In the end it wasn't even considered to be an accident and I was free to continue working. A few days later I received a call telling me not to show up for work as my employment was up for review due to unsafe work practice and a week letter I was sent a letter informing me of my termination.

The job itself can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it you'll be making your productivity quota in no time and despite my beef with their ethics the pay their was good and they allowed as much overtime as you could ask for which is a nice commodity.
Up to date equipment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: close to home & various job assignement
Cons: too small of a company
Answering customer calls & taking work orders. Ordering & warehousing equipment. Issuing contracts & invoices. Accounts receivables & issuing checks
Accounting Department and managing records is what I like to do.
HBC, Northstar Adv, Modern Day Marketing (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2012
Telemarketing company with average of 70 employees, maintained payroll records and sales records.
Fast Paced and Challenging
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 18, 2012
Pros: fast paced, nice people
Cons: na
It was a fast paced position and provided alot of challenges. It was a good company to work for and I also learned alot from my peers.

About Hbc

The Hudson's Bay Company, abbreviated HBC, or "The Bay" ("La Baie" in French) is the oldest commercial corporation in North America – Read more