Hbc

Hbc Employer Reviews

Productive and wonderful place of employment. Great benefits, staff and safe environment to work.
HBC/ GM Procurment Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employee benefits, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement program
Cons: nothing
Although I recently lost my job at American Sales due to a recent transition, I really enjoyed the people that I have worked with for the past 20 years that I was employed there. I have had the ability to grow within the organization and have learned many different areas of the distribution center. By having the opportunity to work in different areas – more... of the company it allowed me to take experiences from one department to another. I was able to create and maintain good communication with my fellow co-workers and learn a great deal from them. – less
A challenging work environment
Distribution and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, PAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work and co-workers
Cons: low staff and untrustworthy hr department.
I coordinate the efforts of the inventory team to identify and solve inventory issues during the production shift. I enjoy the challenge of problem solving. I have learned how to think outside the box to solve difficult issues. I enjoy my co-workers and immediate supervision.
The most difficult part of the job is staff retention and cross training through – more... out the different job types. – less
Nice people and good working place
Beauty Exclusive Sales Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee), PhilippinesJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare/ short breaks
• friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
• Process the cash payment, check payment, and credit cards transactions. Promoting/Endorsing product
• Part of the job is promoting the promo or products on sale.

*I learned how to be a good salesperson .

*The management is good in terms of handling – more... people.

*Good employee-employer relationship.

*The hardest part of my job is when there is a customer complaints but I know how to deal with it.

*The most enjoyable part of my job is when there is a customer satisfaction. – less
there is definitely a clique
Clerk, Harris Teeter (Current Employee), Kill Devil Hills, NCMay 17, 2014
Pros: great customers and a few co-workers
Cons: lousy workers, overworked and underpaid
Not the best place to work considering no one wants to actually work as a team.
Long Shifts
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Meadow Lands, PAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: benefits/union
Cons: management/percent standard
While some may see it as an easy job, others cannon cope with the long mandatory hours required. Management aside it is a good job with nice people. Most of the management is not helpful and often tries to micro manage. Also be weary here, though it may be a union postion HR will find ways to fire people left & right. The benefits are second to none – more... and the pay is good but this company does not care for its employees, example, they give you $25 gift card to THEIR store for a holiday bonus. lastly you work on a percentage system were you must work at least 95% productivity, inactivity can result in punishment after multiple "PCW's". ALL in ALL great short term job 1 to 3 years but not a great place for a career, no job advancement, at all. – less
no room for growth
GM Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJNovember 27, 2013
Privately own company with very little room for growth.

I work with some great people at C&S, it felt more like a family.
Good
Prep Cook and Wait staff (Former Employee), MIJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good money
Greet guests. Responsible for opening and closing restaurant. Following recipe guidelines to meet or exceed guests expectations. Cleaned and restocked the alley and line with items needed to complete orders on time. Kept the kitchen organized. Fun place to work.
A fun place to work with good people to work with.
Collections Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: relaxed time schedule
Cons: no healthcare, no 401k, no direct deposit
A typical day at HBC was very fast paced and productive. It required for each employee to be very dedicated to his/her queue. Although it the ability to focus is also a requirement, laughter was always needed as well.

As a Collection Manager, the hardest part of the job was being able to keep employees motivated while battling the knowledge of the – more... company being in a poor financial situation. It was through this time that I learned not only about managing people, but I learned the importance of patience and understanding – less
Not bad, but entirely too exclusive.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Washington, PAMarch 9, 2013
Pros: tons of hours, good pay, relatively easy work
Cons: no communication between management, looking for reasons to fire, excessively strict attendence policy
I worked here for a period of four months, the time it generally takes for a full time employee to join their Teamsters Union however when I was just a week away from joining I accidentally cut my thumb through their "Kevlar" protective glove. It wasn't bad and as I was cleaning it out one of the senior union members reported it to management and a – more... huge deal was made out of it. In the end it wasn't even considered to be an accident and I was free to continue working. A few days later I received a call telling me not to show up for work as my employment was up for review due to unsafe work practice and a week letter I was sent a letter informing me of my termination.

The job itself can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it you'll be making your productivity quota in no time and despite my beef with their ethics the pay their was good and they allowed as much overtime as you could ask for which is a nice commodity. – less
Up to date equipment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: close to home & various job assignement
Cons: too small of a company
Answering customer calls & taking work orders. Ordering & warehousing equipment. Issuing contracts & invoices. Accounts receivables & issuing checks
Accounting Department and managing records is what I like to do.
HBC, Northstar Adv, Modern Day Marketing (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2012
Telemarketing company with average of 70 employees, maintained payroll records and sales records.
Fast Paced and Challenging
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 18, 2012
Pros: fast paced, nice people
Cons: na
It was a fast paced position and provided alot of challenges. It was a good company to work for and I also learned alot from my peers.
I rellay love working with this company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), PhilippinesOctober 7, 2014
Pros: training and incentives
Cons: overtime due to more demands
My long term experience in the service and retail industry has taught me how to deal with different types of people. Having a very good working environment/staff and supportive management I was able to meet target in upselling goods & services. I can say that the most hardest part of the job is when the customer cannot find the items he wants and I – more... need to encourage him to use our products.
I enjoyed being in the retail & service industry being so dedicated to meet the target of the company. – less
Very easy going.
Receiver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
-unloading trailers
-packing and sorting materials
-management is fare and understanding
-friendly and supporting
-everyday might be different so you sometimes have to adapt
-getting your job done and on schedule
productive
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), PhilippinesAugust 2, 2014
I have developed excellent communication skills during my stint with my previous company and am a very social person with a cheerful disposition that it was easy for me to interact with people from various nationalities.
team work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
In the 14 years I was there I was able to advance in the company
FUN WITH ANNUAL PARTY FOR EMPLOYEES
STORE MANAGER / MULTI TASK/ ALL AROUND EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), PHILIPPINESMarch 19, 2014
a typical day at work we are always happy assisting customers

a have learned so many sales techniques in their seminar

the management are approachable

my co workers are so friendly

the hardest part of the job is the annual inventory because you have to work so long hours up to 16 hours straight duty.

my enjoyable part of the job when you your customer – more... happy because of the service and the product we gave to them – less
I think had a good job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: good
I had a good time working with others As a sales person. I work for six years part time and not much chance to work full time.
Multi units over Western Canada that allowed me to travel and see the country
Regional Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: lots of travelling within canada
Cons: long hours when you include the travel time
Demanding but exiting job as Regional Manager, able to meet people in different positions that are willing to meet and greet. Lot's of travelling that made the job very interesting. Reviewing successes and good results was the highlight of visits. Home office and Regional meetings were very enjoyable and productive. I miss the interaction with various – more... people. – less
A good placel to work when the children were young.
MMT - Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Erin Mills Town CenterOctober 30, 2013
Pros: being home with my children when they were young.
Cons: not getting enough sleep
I am a mother of 3 teenagers. I took time away from working in an office to work overnight, so that I would be home while they were still young. I stayed with Zellers/HBC as I liked the work I was doing as well as the people I worked with.

The night went by very fast as you were busy from the time you started to the time you went home. You did have – more... a quota of skids to be emptied, but if you did your job you got your work done.

My first supervisor was not always a pleasant person, but I was there to work, not socialize. We hardly saw management, and yes, sometimes felt forgotten.

The people I worked with had a good sense of humour and made the nights pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. I often had to pull my own skids on/and off the elevator. Some were over the recommended height, and the weight of some I felt was overly heavy.

The best part of my night, was when I was able to finish my work early and then help others. In return, they would come to help me if they finished early. – less

About Hbc

The Hudson's Bay Company, abbreviated HBC, or "The Bay" ("La Baie" in French) is the oldest commercial corporation in North America – Read more