HBCS

HBCS United States Employee Reviews

HBCS - would be a wonderful company // If they would consider the employees concerns as much as the client
you Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch / wonderul people
Cons: once you clock in you are monitored until you clock out
HBCS - Client - NYU hospital Center - Average work day - call center environment in bound out bound calls - for NYU Hospital Center - services an average of 50 calls per day -

HBCS - has provided me with all of my knowledge concerning hospital customer Service - various insurance carries contractual rates, - hospital billing practices , diagnosis codes used for billing -

Management - Client Base - The HBCS management team - is follows what ever guideline dictated by the client - in fear of the client pulling the account - business being lost

Co - working are great - team environment all the way

Hardest part of the job - is staying out of the client radar - every call is monitored by the client - One would have to be practically perfect on each call - to meet standard

The most enjoyable part - is talking to the patients - surprisingly you meet a variety of great people via telephone
A hostile place to work
Senior Appeals Analyst (Current Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: compensation, work environment, management
An extremely tense work environment run by micromanagers.
No room for advancement and very little job security coupled with low employee retention rates does not make for a very good company.
Management seems to thrive on creating a hostile work environment.
You're being leaded by idiots - management is very unprofessional
account representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: poor management, poor structure, no room for growth
The company lacks consistent structure and is all about kissing butt and how well you do it. If you're not a good at it don't expect to move up. Steer clear from this place because there is NO job security. If you dont mind being leaded by unprofessional idiots who lack education and common sense then this is the place for you.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), New Castle, DENovember 11, 2014
Pros: gained medical billing experence
Cons: management & human resources was not work friendly
Very good paying company. Management was very unprofessional
Would never work there again.
Accounts Receivable Insurance Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEOctober 13, 2014
No room for growth. No ongoing training provided. Company is no longer in business.
Changes everyday
Bilingual Customer Service Patient Account Rep (Current Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 28, 2014
Work with different hospitals, different rules, procedure, and have to be alert with all if the changes the hospital makes.
Enjoyable co workers, and acceptable compensation
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great sick/vacation time, respectable hourly compensation
Cons: micro management, lack of call center experienced management
A typical call center environment with a slight lack of call center experienced Mangement. Exceptable benefits package with lackluster insurance benefits. Great daily workplace environment with co workers. The hardest part of the job was mentoring existing employees unable to grasp the concept of the daily workflow and a slight lack of management with regard to continuing education and ongoing mentoring.
Proactive/Fun place
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 1, 2014
Great company, co-workers great. Always room to grow. Management was excellent.
horrible company. Management is uneducated and useless.
Exceptions Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEJune 25, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck.
Cons: everything
I worked here or 3 years. Staff i s nice but management is horrible thy have no experience in motivating a team. Micromanaged and no work/life balance. Absolutely no flexibility. If you get an offer run as far away as possible. Operations manager is a complete nut job. You will never get anywhere in this ccompany. They look for yes people and work you like dogs. Management stabs you in the back to cover their own mistakes. Cameras are in the office just too see if people are were they are supposed to be. I don't know a single happy employee.
Keep on looking
SP collector (Former Employee), New castle, DeMay 24, 2014
Pros: staff is great
Cons: management and executives are useless
Management is mostly "out to lunch" and not leaders or innovators in the industry. The style and culture is a retro 80's style in that the technology they use is that old in most instances. My former co-workers are very hard and trustworthy workers who are underpaid for the quantity and quality demanded from supervisors and managers. Another review here said the CFO is a nice guy (and he is) but he can't add two nickels to equal a dime and the director of that department is an obsessive micromanager who is awful to his people. The director of another department (that I worked for) comes in late and leaves early most of the time but yet reprimands us when we are 10 minutes late. As you can tell, the I.T department is in most areas in the DOS generation.

I would keep on looking for another role if you are looking (only the desperate or out of work need to apply) and if you just accepted a position at the company (or just started working there) contact your old employer and beg for your old job back
This is a numbers orientated Company, did have fun things for employee morale.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEApril 18, 2014
Pros: department games with prizes, - gift cards, free lunches, christmas party
Cons: micro-managed breaks to the second
A morning would begin with reviewing productivity reports from the prior day. Attend any meeting for the department or hospital that I worked on . Reviewed accounts in the work que. Contacted the various Insurance companies for claim information to have claims processed. Talked to medicare Representatives to find out how to correct claims for payment. Most of my co-workers were friendly, not allowed to talk to much during work hours.The hardest part of my job sometimes was getting the daily quotas, some of the claims required more time than was alotted therefore reducing the productivity total.The company provided regular department game with prizes, pizza lunches, catered lunches , Health Fairs, Christmas Party.
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist for Medicaid (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJanuary 7, 2014
HBCS was a great job. I learned alot from other employees. Management was good. Atmosphere was very relaxed.
friendly coworkers
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee), DelawareNovember 20, 2013
Pros: its a check
Cons: its a shame
Just hired...former employee told me to stay away and i should of listened...training is a joke they read something to you and they think it's training... they need to revamp their training...it's just a paycheck...not a future... this place needs a lot of help...
Able to multitask and handle different job requirements
Medical Biller (Current Employee), New Castle, DENovember 18, 2013
not a bad business very faced paced , not much education needed
Great team members. Management staff is inexperienced and very unprofessional
Account Representative (Current Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 4, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: negativity, unprofessionalism, i feel like a convict in prison.
Daily, I work many accounts and I am on the phone often resolving problems. There was basically no training. The training consisted of getting answers on my own. Training class lasted 2 weeks but was geared to self pay accounts which was not my job. Management was very unknowledgeable and knew nothing about positive motivation. Their actions and tone of voice was very unprofessional. The hardest part of my job was saying motivated and learning. My co-workers were very nice. The most enjoyable part of my job was identifying issues and resolving them.
A wonderful working experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), New Castle DEApril 6, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits, and pto
Work day was inclusive of making calls on autodialer and receiving inbound calls to assist customers in setting up payment for medical bills. Through this experience, l learned the different types of insurance and hospital protocols that are available and how they are processed.

The management team all were very helpful and available to workers and customers. The hardest part of this job was handling customers who were not able to pay due to economic recession. The most enjoyable part was coming up with solutions to assist those same people.
Not a good department
Analyst (Former Employee), New CastleJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: most people there are hard workers
Cons: benefit plan for example has a $50 copayment
I worked in finance at HBCS. The CFO is a good guy, the director is an obsessed micromanager. Every new hire we had quite by 6 months. I couldn't take it any longer and moved on. The pay is good, but save yourself the stress.
The job was ok had some flexibility at times and a lot of overtime when needed.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), New Castle, DEOctober 23, 2012
Pros: gift cards for the holidays and the christmas party
Cons: some providers could be very irated and disrespectful
A typical day at work was contacting Provider to discuss patient accounts. I learned a lot when it came to analyzing a claim. Management allow us to voice our opinions and at times incentives where given out and little activities of fun for everyone. My co-workers were the best pleasant and very professional. The hardest part of the jobs was when some providers stated that they did not receive certain documents,especially when you are looking right at system where they sign off on the certified mail sent to them. What I like about the most important part of my job in the morning I would get my work and do it with out supervision of a manager of a supervisor standing over you. Management did not bother us unless someone was going against the companies policy.

January 20, 2013

I worked in finance for many years there. The director is completely obsessed and a micromanager. Every new hire quite by about six months. I finally had enough and moved on to get away. My advice, you don't need the headache.

Not all it's cracked up to be
None (Former Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 10, 2012
Pros: it's a job
Cons: too many to mention
The "Insurance Rep" position is not what it's advertised to be. It's modern day slavery w/ a twist of dictatiorship. If you like being demeaned and degraded for a few measely pennies this is the perfect job. Management is a complete joke. In the matter of 1 week 5 employees and 1 supervisor QUIT!
What I learned
Insurance Representative (Current Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 12, 2012
I've learned that just because you have a title doesn't mean you earned it.