HBCS Employee Reviews

productive
Operational Support Reconcilement Rep (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DE 19720September 7, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to travel to different client sites and development a better business relationship as we as a lasting one
Students and Single moms...stay far away.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 15, 2017
Pto policy...horrible

Training...horrible

Commute on 95...be prepared to commit 2 extra unpaid hrs to get to work on time and get home at a decent time. 95 traffic is not predictable.

Do not expect that anyone will care about you as an employee.

Inconsistency in work policy

Computer systems are awful
Pros
Pay is competative
Cons
See below
self pay department
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 6, 2017
As a lead you deal with different personalities, working to appease everyone very stressful at times, advancement was based on who liked you, best part was traveling to the different hospitals
Excellent senior management team
Patient Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 24, 2017
The best part about HBCS is the people that work here. The senior management team and HR department are really great people. Working for a vendor is a very hard job as there are some clients that are super demanding, but that all goes with the territory. You have to have a very strong backbone to work as a vendor and you can't take things personally.
Pros
good culture, excellent senior management team
Cons
very long hours, super demanding clients
Horrible environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 17, 2017
This one the most low place to work for, they have no culture. The people at Hbcs have no idea about the medical field, they should not b in business. Management is really horrible, instead of assisting rep, they sit around creating gossip.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
A wonderful opportunity
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 8, 2017
I very much enjoyed working with this type of industry. Learning the ropes of a brokerage firm. I learned a lot about how the investment business is ran. If I could go back and do it again I absolutely would.
Do not waste your time
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 8, 2017
This is not a good company. If you are looking for a job with good pay to hold you over you are better off working at McDonalds or something. This place is horrible. The mgmt team does not even care about you. They micromanage when they want, ignore you, and lie to get you to stop asking questions and leave them alone.
Pros
Coworkers. Pay
Cons
Everything else
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 22, 2017
Flexible, job security, close to home. Love my team. The client i work for is one of the biggest clientsmile the company has, I am honored to be apart of the team.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No growth, minimum compensation
Awful
Patient Account Representative/customer service (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 12, 2017
Worst management I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Atmosphere is sad, they take a fairly easy job and make it unbearable. Clients/patients are a breeze compared to working with this management team. Absolutely horrendous, pay is fairly decent but inconsistent across the board, commission structure is laughable at best!
Peers were friendly and helpful but the workiing enviroment was very stressful
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 10, 2017
The pay was okay for the area commute time was great and great hours loved only working one Saturday every six weeks Seldom worked overtime so family time was not sacrificed all in all it was not a terrible place to work but could have been much better if the management team was better
Pros
The hours were good
Cons
The training was insufficient and management needs much improvement

Want to know more about HBCS?

Ask a question
Not a great place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 20, 2017
Management is not supportive
Terrible place to work
I don't suggest it.
Micro Management is ridiculous

If you are even thinking of working here read the other reviews,
That's what I should have done.
My job as a temp
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 15, 2017
The manager was rude and controlling. If she does not like you, you don't stand a chance. I would not go back to the Insurance Department. Everyone else was very nice. They also have a place that comes in to sell lunch 3 days a week which is nice.
Great Work culture
Accountant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 17, 2016
The director is highly Loveable and Motivated which brings lots of positive energy in the team. It is perfect place to work.
Pros
Just an awesome place
Cons
commute
People are Great
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 30, 2016
Policies aren't very Good. Could use a Upgrade in Human Resources. Turnover is a bit high. Communication from Management needs to be improved. Updates in Training Employee for Various jobs also needs to be improved.
Pros
Co - workers
Okay at first
CSR (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 5, 2016
I've never worked for a company that emphasizes great customer service, yet repeatedly sets you up to fail until this one. It's like being asked to mop an entire building with a toothbrush. They say it is light collections, but setting a monthly goal and outbound calling people at 8AM does not qualify as light, nor great customer service. The really tricky part is that while you are contacting a patient regarding a bill, the hospital client forwarded incomplete information and now you are contacting aforementioned patient attempting to collect on an incorrect amount so guess what you're doing at 8am? It became annoying when 95 percent (I am not exaggerating) of my calls were telling patients you are sending their account for review, yet they already received the bill and are now worried AND sick. So the real question became, wasn't the patient's account reviewed and/or adjusted BEFORE you're calling them at 8AM and/or 6PM?. Not everything is perfect, I understand. That example is not the reason I left, this is.

Work/life balance is skewed towards work and any life events would either be missed or you would have an unexcused absence on your record. Even if you have to miss an hour of work, with a doctor's note and a broken leg, still a full occurrence. If you do not have paid time accrued, they can do you the favor of extending "credit" (which is having a negative balance in paid time off). If you do have paid time off accrued, it's someone you'll likely never meet that decides whether your request for time off is approved. So they do tuition reimbursement? Fantastic
  more... until you realize that every Friday you have to come in at 8AM after doing an 11-8 shift on the other days. So going to school as an adult learner working any other shift than 8AM to 5PM will be extremely difficult. I left due to them giving new hires these shifts, while long term employees are waiting months upon months. In fairness, you are SLIGHTLY compensated for the inconvenience.

All in all, I learned my lesson. This is a stepping-stone job. A career is only possible here if you are not set up to fail and are an entry level member of the workforce.

FYI-- the reviews that are extremely positive seem planted, I have not met anyone in the customer service department that is enthusiastic about working here let alone two. Funny how they were former employees.
Pros
They pay on time
Cons
Non existent work life balance
A great place to learn the healthcare revenue cycle and collections industry.
Patient Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DESeptember 1, 2016
They really hold your hand as you learn the complex world of hospital customer service. Great monthly incentive program gives you the opportunity to earn additional bonus each month, That really comes in handy at holidays or vacation time. They also have a good tuition reimbursement plan - so you can go to college while working and HBCS pays for it! That beats having to pay back student loans!
Pros
Training program for new staff!
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 29, 2016
HBCS is a great place to work if you are goal driven and like to be challenged. During my time at the company, I was able to learn about healthcare while using my collections background.
HBCS also offers great tuition reimbursement, along with a strong career path (all of the supervisors in my area were promoted from within). If you are looking for a promising career and longevity, HBCS would be great place for you to work.
Pros
Fun Company Events - Great upper management
Love this company!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 26, 2016
I love this company, job and the people here. I've learned so much and know that I would continue to grow. I would recommend HBCS as a good place to work without reservation!
Pros
Strong team atmosphere
Very Busy, Day flies by
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 17, 2016
Must like working in a corporate atmosphere.
Bonus are a plus if you can reach them
Benefits are good.
I you like working collections, this is the job for you.
Pros
benefits, lunch hour
Cons
graded every week on production and quality
Stress stress stress
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 4, 2016
most enjoyable part of job was lunch.
management is under pressure from under management,
which is under pressure from the hospitals.
No body wins,
CSR - collections, is one of the worst jobs I ever
had.
Pros
Money
Cons
everything else