HBI Employee Reviews

Stressful/ uncomfortable work environment
PSR/BST (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 8, 2017
You are to use your own salary for all supplies, position is 1099 with no benefits and no paid days off. Work is stressful and never rewarded. Management has no empathy, boundaries, or personal skills. The only positive is you make your own schedule. They pay may seem great but you are not compensated for any out of pocket expenses or wear and tear on your own personal vehicle.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, treated poorly, no room for growth
It was a trade school job
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2017
It was an awesome learning experience, I was also able to learn construction, and how to handle many different tools that I didn't know of! Definitely grateful for the opportunity, and has helped me stay motivated to stay in shape for any future electrical or construction job!
Pros
Learned everything I know
Cons
Free
Very good environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Good place to work as Intern. Interesting projects given and Interns are trained well in their area of interest. Good place to improve skills and acquire more knowledge.
Very good Trade School expirence
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 16, 2017
I was taught much of the trade world, as a student, as a worker, and as an owner of a business. Being the shop foreman it was duty to make sure that we as a team, were prepared for the day. Also that we stayed on course for our job or service at the time.
Fun work place to learn new things
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  WashingtonAugust 27, 2017
Will help you learn new things about machines and how to drive them will learn about blueprint and other things that you need in work environment like how to keep a work place clean and how to know if a machine is breaking down
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
fun place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRAugust 25, 2017
i have learned a lot in the hbi i work in thr warehouse and i was material handler in humacao it was a pleasure work whit tath company and im trying bye
The environment was comfortable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCAugust 6, 2017
I typically made yarn for the bottom of carpets. It was kind of a fast paced job but the environment and the employees were enjoyable. Managers did their job and was always willing to help when needed.
Pros
breaks were nice
Cons
hot environment
ambiente laboral optimo
Operator (Former Employee) –  en el area de molduraJune 1, 2017
es una empresa de renombre...con un ambiente laboral con todos los benefios segun la ley...incentivos para los empleados..crecimiento laboral dentro de la empresa
Ok
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
It was okay like every job it has it ups and downs.. I worked with the family one on one so it was interesting every day. The hours are ok but the pay could've been better
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 6, 2017
it is very fun fast paced great co-workers you get to learn a lot from the people who have been there longer they are willing to work with you if they see that you are trying
HBI's Careers
Plumbing Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2017
The rewards of working for a leader in residential construction trades training are numerous and HBI employees enjoy a rich compensation package that includes competitive salaries, generous benefits, work/life programs and opportunities for ongoing learning and development.
Pros
HBI is an equal opportunity employer.
Cons
I have no CONS about it
A benifial and hard working company
Apprentice Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, MDAugust 14, 2016
A typical day for me would start with a safety meeting to go over the areas we need work in. Then we would review blue print and be assigned positions and task for the day. Last but not least at the end of the day wed talk about what we accomplished and what our next project would be.
Pros
Free Lunch, and upbeat inviroment, Health Care benifits and paid days off
Cons
N/a
A great Learning & Training Enviornment
Electrician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2016
Class is from 8:00 am to 3:20 pm, when you have Chapter assignment and on hands tasks to do in and out of the classroom setting. I learned how to hook up; S1, S2, S3, S4, receptacles, GFCIs, test receptacles and so much more. My teacher made it feel like a actual job environment. The other students were very enthusiastic about learning. The hardest part about the job would understanding the language of the Electrical world. The most enjoyable part about the job would be the hands on work realizing you have the capabilities to do it.
Information of my position in the workplace
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 27, 2016
Installation tubs, showers ,sinks toilets, and providing on-call maintenance/repair service on campus. Installed 14'' storm sewer pipe and catch basin , steam units heaters, and air-line system, including compressor . Experienced all phases of construction from foundation, to rough-in, through finish while working with class-mates to build new office building on school grounds.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks every 3 hours
Overall Great expirence
Facility Maitntenance (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 3, 2016
Great experience, Instructor really cares about your goals
and motivates you to achieve them.
I've learned Carpentry
Plumbing
Painting
Concrete
Drywall
Landscaping
Electrical
Pros
Housing, Stipend, Free food
Cons
6 month program
Learned an amazing amount threw their trade school
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 28, 2016
Go to class and enjoy the learning possibilities.

Electrical Wiring

My Instructor was very hard working to get us to learn the trade.

You meet all kinds of people.

You have to be willing to learn.

It is a really fun and exciting trade.
Pros
Free Schooling
Cons
N/a
Great place to start your plumbing career.
Plumber Pre Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Coeburn, VAFebruary 28, 2016
Great atmosphere and great structure, employees are all good at what they do. Day to day was hectic but payed off in the end , management is top notch
Pros
good training
i was needed more money
Knitter, cook , picker packer, aid, meat cuter,, (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCDecember 22, 2015
they where not want to gave any more then they did .so I had a there job to go to so I went to it.then I work for the knitters and they was layoff people then . then I find me other job to go to because I have to pay my bill some how.
Overview
Electrician Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2015
The experience was great, I was able to do some projects around our center. I worked on a fire alarm system for a gym, I ran CAT5e wire for computer lines. my instructor was great, she taught me a lot. My peers were great workers. The best part of the job was just having some work to do, the hands on experience is just great.
Great place to learn Construction / Facilites maintenance
Shop Foreman and Tool Man Student (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 13, 2015
The facilities maintenance / construction trade is awesome here and the learning process is well pasted ,. Covered pretty much every part of construction.
Pros
free lunches, good peoples .
Cons
low pay