hCentive Employee Reviews

Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 28, 2017
hCentive is a fast growing company so it provides you numerous opportunity to excel yourself and expose yourself to new challenges which you need to meet with quality in a short time frame. I really loved the high pace of working environment as it enhanced my logical, analytical and technical skills. Along with these I learnt to face challenges on daily basis which build a great zeal and confidence in me. Being a BA, I got numerous opportunity to deal with the client and higher management as well which has given a very broader growth to my overall personality. They are very good in terms of pay out as well, the deserved ones always get the best. The only things that tighten the work culture is heavy work load on every day and somehow people fail to manage the work life balance.
Pros
Heavy work pressure is easily lighten by the colleague and surroundings
Cons
You barely get time for your personal life.
not really great place to learn
Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 10, 2017
If you are good friend with manager doesn't matter if you are working or not. No one care about quality work just meet the deadlines which cause more issues in future.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
does not appriciate quality work
good
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 22, 2016
company was good,nice to work with them and my manager and colleagues are very supportive and we completed project in a successfull way.
Good Place to Work
Senior JAVA/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 3, 2016
Good Place to Work. Good Team. Very co-operative Management. Its a place where you can explore new and updated technology. Really helped me to gain new skills.
Not worth it...
Low paid worker bee (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 4, 2015
Despite my qualifications, I was offered a very low salary. I decided to try it out because I had been out of the job market for a few years. In addition to doing all my normal duties, I was expected to watch "webinars" and such so it could count towards my "continuing education" credits on my job evaluation form. I have a Master's degree, was working on a second undergraduate degree in computer science at that time, and was more qualified that the person running the team. My manager was a self-proclaimed "workaholic." Sorry, that's the last thing I want to be. I'd prefer to spend my non-working time with my family and working on my second degree. There was a lot of busy work to go along with normal responsibilities. I'm not interested in working 60-70 hours a week for low pay.
A start up with some good ideas but lacking in processes and structure
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 17, 2014
I was there for three months before getting laid off when our project was cancelled. I was a dual-role entry level Business Analyst and Project Manager, but was later told they were looking for a senior project manager.

In my time there I took care of things outside of the scope of my role, mainly because it wasn't so well defined as it is and because I took it upon myself to improve various processes.
Pros
Free lunch, I liked my coworkers
Cons
Lack of structure and processes made my work there very difficult.
Busy work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 27, 2013
Im forced to do a lot of work that is boring and tedious. I don't get to get to be client facing anymore
Pros
Free lunch good friendly people
Cons
500 Hra, HR is garbage. Underpays talented people