Hcl America Inc. Employee Reviews

Service Desk Analyst - Bad Management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 17, 2012
This company is based out of India. At first, I was excited that I was called for a position --- full time --- so soon after relocating to NC. Within a week, I had an interview and was offered the position at $17hr. The first week was not structured at all. Training was poor and I did not have access to the tools needed to fully perform the work, yet, I went ahead and worked with what they could provide.

Weeks progressed and I started noticing management showing favoritism within the group, allowing some to slack in their duties and be more harsh on others. The environment was noisey as management would carry on business and personal conversations on the phone, yelling. At one moment my manager became choked in a conversation. He needed a sip of water. I thought he would go to the kitchen and grab a quick drink, but he comes to my desk and drinks from my bottle without permission. VIOLATION!! This is not professionalism at all. And what disturbed me the most was that he thought it was OK.

The company moto is: Employees First...

What a contridiction... They only address the negative things you do as far as production is concerned. If you are performing, they want you to perform more and more. I will NEVER work here again. The final straw included threats of write ups and HR referal if you are seconds late from your breaks.

HR is no help because she is there to protect the company... not the EMPLOYEE but the COMPANY.

Overall, this is not the environment nor company to work for if you are interested in advancement.
Pros
great hours and full benefits
Cons
management, processes, and policies

Comment – October 2, 2012

So..where you offered full time or contract....after the interview in a week

Good pay and benefits but not worth it
Desktop specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin txDecember 13, 2012
I had this position as of nov 27 and was let go because of "political" reasons but the area I was covering was this office and six others with about 600+ users it was suppose to be 8 to 5 and no paid overtime I worked many hours of unpaid overtime...also to elaborate the Austin office helped in my termination telling lies about my service because they wanted someone working only for there office, needless to say there were a lot of shady characters and a lot of unpaid overtime and also like another review says the company is based out of India... Took three months to hire me then after I was hired took them almost 60 days before I recieved my first paycheck and trying to get expenses is one if the biggest pains and you don't get them back in a timely manor, to sum up I would only work for this company off they offered me crazy money it was kind of a relief not to work for them anymore and last thing I was only there for ten months and the people who were there before me lasted as long or shorter time period
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
management procedures and processes in paid overtime and slow and unhelpful hr
High job security
Tier 3 Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 1, 2015
I've enjoyed my time at HCL. It is fast paced and not the job for everyone. You have to work an extended period as a contractor before you are brought on with HCL.
Pros
Job security, good people, decent pay
Cons
Indian owned, little chance for advancement, terrible company website
Very bad management that discriminates
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 24, 2013
My job was Help Desk Analyst. Training is terrible for this company. They also discriminate according to your race. Very high turnover. Leads tell racial jokes during work day. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
none. did not learn anything at this job
Cons
racist management and lead personal that tell racist jokes during the work day
No Work to Life Balance
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  CalifoniaAugust 26, 2015
Everyday is another deadline day , need to constantly provide your more than 100 % efforts to please your managers and for better appraisal.
Pros
You have lot of Projects
Cons
No Work to Life Balance
Great place to learn and work.
Senior Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAFebruary 21, 2014
I have been appreciated for my work by the client and senior management of my company. My colleagues are great and i enjoyed working with them.
Pros
training, client interfacing
Cons
salary
Productive and fun loving workplace
SAP BI and ABAP Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Productive and fun loving workplace but Compensation/Benefits not good as per experience.
Pros
job security
Cons
compensation/benefits
Fun place to work with.
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2012
Its a fun place to work with. I had lot of learning opportunities. Lot of Friends.
Pros
awesome work culture
Cons
compensation
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 8, 2015
Good place to work, there was a good opportunity to learn new Microsoft technologies and learn new latest automation tools

Want to know more about Hcl America Inc.?

Ask a question