Hcl America Inc.

Hcl America Inc. Employer Reviews

Very bad management that discriminates
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: none. did not learn anything at this job
Cons: racist management and lead personal that tell racist jokes during the work day
My job was Help Desk Analyst. Training is terrible for this company. They also discriminate according to your race. Very high turnover. Leads tell racial jokes during work day. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Good pay and benefits but not worth it
Desktop specialist (Former Employee), Austin txDecember 13, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management procedures and processes in paid overtime and slow and unhelpful hr
I had this position as of nov 27 and was let go because of "political" reasons but the area I was covering was this office and six others with about 600+ users it was suppose to be 8 to 5 and no paid overtime I worked many hours of unpaid overtime...also to elaborate the Austin office helped in my termination telling lies about my service because they – more... wanted someone working only for there office, needless to say there were a lot of shady characters and a lot of unpaid overtime and also like another review says the company is based out of India... Took three months to hire me then after I was hired took them almost 60 days before I recieved my first paycheck and trying to get expenses is one if the biggest pains and you don't get them back in a timely manor, to sum up I would only work for this company off they offered me crazy money it was kind of a relief not to work for them anymore and last thing I was only there for ten months and the people who were there before me lasted as long or shorter time period – less
Service Desk Analyst - Bad Management
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Cary, NCMay 17, 2012
Pros: great hours and full benefits
Cons: management, processes, and policies
This company is based out of India. At first, I was excited that I was called for a position --- full time --- so soon after relocating to NC. Within a week, I had an interview and was offered the position at $17hr. The first week was not structured at all. Training was poor and I did not have access to the tools needed to fully perform the work, yet, – more... I went ahead and worked with what they could provide.

Weeks progressed and I started noticing management showing favoritism within the group, allowing some to slack in their duties and be more harsh on others. The environment was noisey as management would carry on business and personal conversations on the phone, yelling. At one moment my manager became choked in a conversation. He needed a sip of water. I thought he would go to the kitchen and grab a quick drink, but he comes to my desk and drinks from my bottle without permission. VIOLATION!! This is not professionalism at all. And what disturbed me the most was that he thought it was OK.

The company moto is: Employees First...

What a contridiction... They only address the negative things you do as far as production is concerned. If you are performing, they want you to perform more and more. I will NEVER work here again. The final straw included threats of write ups and HR referal if you are seconds late from your breaks.

HR is no help because she is there to protect the company... not the EMPLOYEE but the COMPANY.

Overall, this is not the environment nor company to work for if you are interested in advancement. – less

Mallikarjun – October 2, 2012

So..where you offered full time or contract....after the interview in a week

Fun place to work with.
Project Lead (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2012
Pros: awesome work culture
Cons: compensation
Its a fun place to work with. I had lot of learning opportunities. Lot of Friends.

About Hcl America Inc.

HCL is short for IT. HCL Technologies is one of the top five-largest offshore IT service providers in India. It offers a variety – Read more