HCL Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Executive (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Noida, INAugust 24, 2016
Has been a very enriching experience. Excellent company with good healthcare benefits,good work life balance. Was happy to be a part of HCL.
HCL has a lot of growing to do
Night Shift Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2016
I thought working at HCL Technologies on their World Bank contract would be the dream job, unfortunately it became a really bad nightmare.

In short I was verbally abused by a intoxicated manager for asking her to leave the customer site because she was intoxicated. After HCL had a outside source do the investigation, they took disciplinary action against me even though I provided them with the audio recording of the manager verbally abusing me in front of co-workers and admitting she had been drinking.

From that point on I had slanderous comments and character defamation made on me by some of my fellow employees, some of HCL management and some World Bank employees I never met.

When I reached out to my HCL superiors they did nothing. Ultimately I was forced to resign because it had been told to a fellow employee by one of the HCL managers that the World Bank POC for our contract stated she wanted me terminated but, had no cause for the statement or action other than she didn't like me even though she had never met me.

Because HCL's presence in the US is not as strong as they claim there is definitely a cultural difference and understanding.They do not treat the employees as though they value them and they show preference to employees of Indian non-American nationalities.

They did properly work with the customer to ensure we were properly trained to do the job, they changed your shift without notification ahead of time, they ran improper metrix so the SLA was always off, they would never communicate respectfully to the employees instead there was always emails
  more... spoken in derogatory and demeaning manners sent to the employees.

They have so much growing to do
Pros
Cheap Benefits, You can get hired with no experience
Cons
Everything else
HCL Is an OK place to work
RF Performance Critical Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 13, 2016
The best parts of this job were my coworkers and having direct contact with customer on issues. The hardest part of job was being oncall overnight and the schedule changed from week to week.
Pros
Pay and Benefits were good
Cons
Outsourcing of work
Decent workplace
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2016
Work environment is good. Learned all my skills here after joining as a fresher. Had very good leaders, mentors and colleagues. Management interest is more towards business than employees.
Pros
Good work environment and job security
Cons
salary
Good place to start out
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 29, 2016
Good place to start your career but no advancement opportunity. Poor communication due to most operations being handled out of India and the 10 hour time difference.
HCL would really benefit greatly if they would train people on new technologies so that they could fill more roles.
Great
DUT/CAT Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 18, 2016
Worked testing products for companies we were lent out to. Worked in excel to create aggregates of data. Management knew what they were doing.
Do not work here
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2016
This company hinders career growth and is only met to get job experience. Start of the job they will have missing hours on your paycheck. HR is no where to be found. Pay raises are 1% a year. This is an India IT company which brokern computers, using software that is not registered, and puts the C in cheap.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Missing pay and hours.
complete joke of a company
sale (Former Employee) –  telephone houseJuly 15, 2016
Poor pay, no promotion opportunities, lots of favoritism. poor mid to upper management. no pay rises, poor treatment of staff, frequent bullying from senior managers. Poor training, constantly asked to do mentor's or managers work for them but no pay or recognition for achievements, no bonus's no sick pay, often denied holiday entitlements due to been under staffed as they will not look after there core staff. they pull you in to meeting telling you we have up your bonus 3 months later 2 days before its been process and they tellyou its been reject and your now not getting it after slave driving you for the past 3 months please nobody join this company if you have no other choice dont take a job from them please.
Pros
None !!!!!!!!!
Cons
more work less pay when the pizza comes you no your not getting paid
Learning, Good Management, Good knowledge
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 14, 2016
It has been very good learning in terms of technology and process. Project activities were very production and also enhance technical skills.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 12, 2016
My experience with HCL was not a very good one. Very poor communication. I was offered a job full time after a year with HCL but phone call was never return with my offer. I was told that they appreciate the great Job I was doing and would like to offer me a position. I wait and waited until my manager call me in office one day and told me listen you make to much under contract you need to make a decision today on coming on permanent. I was offered 22000 less than what I was making contract however even after I was humble enough to say yes bc I needed my job time being. No one ever got back with me! A week later my contract was ended and out the door. This company uses people! They care absolutely nothing about the employee even though there motto is employee first. Every single manager complains about how much they make and when they try and correct it HCL DO NOT RETURN CALLS .. THEY WANT YOUR SERVICES BUT DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THEM. There whole goal is to get you in the door use you for 6 months with out keeping any promises. Stay far away from this company if you don't like wasting time. They want to pay all help desk tech 33000 a year despite there experience. Really! I can go on and on but I won't waste my breath, fortunately I save up my money and will be leaving corporate AMERICA. I'VE WARNED YOU!
Pros
crooks
Cons
crooks
Typical Offshore Company Experience
Specialist EUC (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2016
Was part of the remaining IT staff when IT was shifted from the company I had been working for to offshore, so typical day did not change from when was employed by the company. Did not take advance of company resources to learn new skills, maintained job skills using on site resources. Co-workers were fellow remaining IT staff retained during offshore process, who were great to work with. Hardest part of job was communication, both in dealing with cultural differences as well as never being able to actually be in the home office. This was to be expected working for a company based in a foreign country. Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the on site users who needed assistance.
Pros
Able to work with little interference from management
Cons
Little chance for salary raises, since worked in on site team
Good work culture
Functional Tester/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
Good work culture, easy to work with managers and coworkers. Flexible on the hours. 9-5 work day with expectation to work some weekends if necessary
Not a fun place to work except in some of groups
Engagement/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 10, 2016
Sales centeric organization with very week sales team which is good at blaming everything on delivery. Co-workers are good only if you do not have any conflict of interest.
hcl
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  INJuly 6, 2016
Fair bonus structure, which is paid bi-annually based on personal and company performance (depending on level in organization)
Fully developed methodologies in Business Transformation Services Practice
Great support from peers
Development Manager assigned to support Professional Growth and Development
Opportunities to move up within a Practice if so desired, and you're willing to go the extra mile
immature workplace
L1 IT SD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 26, 2016
Was never properly trained
Did not feel management was competent
Co-Workers where wonderful to get along with and talk to
Hardest part of the day was when asking an SME fro hlp, getting an attitude about it
Most enjoyable part of the day, working with chevron users themselves
Pros
Cons
incompitent managment
Bad place to work!!!
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 22, 2016
HCL America as a company was not a good place to work, the HR department and the on-boarding process was a total nightmare! Took them over 90 days to get my name right in the system and my medical insurance card never did have the correct spelling of my last name. Total nightmare company to work for and VERY unprofessional.
Pros
Cant think of any!
Cons
Read the review!
Great Company in the IOP space
AVP Infrastructure Operations and Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
HCL is an overall great company. Very focused on customer satisfaction. Excellent diversity of accounts globally and allows you an opportunity to be engaged in several technology verticals if you choose to. There are several internal competing initiatives that can sometimes cause pain in balancing customer requirements vs. internal needs but for the most part, the proper support is given to the management to drive and manage accounts respectively.

I definitely recommend HCL as a long term employer with many opportunities for growth and global presence.
Pros
Flexible, minimal micro management, growth opportunity
Cons
can be very buracratic at time and too process driven
HCL Review
Transition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 20, 2016
Great company to work for. The people are really good at what they do and very supportive when you need it. My management is very hard to get a hold of because he travels on a weekly basis so that is my only downside on this company is there really isn't a good way to get a hold of your manager when you need them.
It is not fun place to work.
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 20, 2016
I believe the company may a great resources and opportunities, however they are not well organized. I believe also one of the problem is cultural issues.
Good place to start with
Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2016
There is always a job insecurity among the employees. The salary is not in par with industrial standards. They have offices in many places
Pros
Processes H1B
Cons
Job insecurity