HCL Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Great
DUT/CAT Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 18, 2016
Worked testing products for companies we were lent out to. Worked in excel to create aggregates of data. Management knew what they were doing.
Do not work here
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2016
This company hinders career growth and is only met to get job experience. Start of the job they will have missing hours on your paycheck. HR is no where to be found. Pay raises are 1% a year. This is an India IT company which brokern computers, using software that is not registered, and puts the C in cheap.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Missing pay and hours.
complete joke of a company
sale (Former Employee) –  telephone houseJuly 15, 2016
Poor pay, no promotion opportunities, lots of favoritism. poor mid to upper management. no pay rises, poor treatment of staff, frequent bullying from senior managers. Poor training, constantly asked to do mentor's or managers work for them but no pay or recognition for achievements, no bonus's no sick pay, often denied holiday entitlements due to been under staffed as they will not look after there core staff. they pull you in to meeting telling you we have up your bonus 3 months later 2 days before its been process and they tellyou its been reject and your now not getting it after slave driving you for the past 3 months please nobody join this company if you have no other choice dont take a job from them please.
Pros
None !!!!!!!!!
Cons
more work less pay when the pizza comes you no your not getting paid
Learning, Good Management, Good knowledge
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 14, 2016
It has been very good learning in terms of technology and process. Project activities were very production and also enhance technical skills.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 12, 2016
My experience with HCL was not a very good one. Very poor communication. I was offered a job full time after a year with HCL but phone call was never return with my offer. I was told that they appreciate the great Job I was doing and would like to offer me a position. I wait and waited until my manager call me in office one day and told me listen you make to much under contract you need to make a decision today on coming on permanent. I was offered 22000 less than what I was making contract however even after I was humble enough to say yes bc I needed my job time being. No one ever got back with me! A week later my contract was ended and out the door. This company uses people! They care absolutely nothing about the employee even though there motto is employee first. Every single manager complains about how much they make and when they try and correct it HCL DO NOT RETURN CALLS .. THEY WANT YOUR SERVICES BUT DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THEM. There whole goal is to get you in the door use you for 6 months with out keeping any promises. Stay far away from this company if you don't like wasting time. They want to pay all help desk tech 33000 a year despite there experience. Really! I can go on and on but I won't waste my breath, fortunately I save up my money and will be leaving corporate AMERICA. I'VE WARNED YOU!
Pros
crooks
Cons
crooks
Typical Offshore Company Experience
Specialist EUC (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2016
Was part of the remaining IT staff when IT was shifted from the company I had been working for to offshore, so typical day did not change from when was employed by the company. Did not take advance of company resources to learn new skills, maintained job skills using on site resources. Co-workers were fellow remaining IT staff retained during offshore process, who were great to work with. Hardest part of job was communication, both in dealing with cultural differences as well as never being able to actually be in the home office. This was to be expected working for a company based in a foreign country. Most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the on site users who needed assistance.
Pros
Able to work with little interference from management
Cons
Little chance for salary raises, since worked in on site team
Good work culture
Functional Tester/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
Good work culture, easy to work with managers and coworkers. Flexible on the hours. 9-5 work day with expectation to work some weekends if necessary
Not a fun place to work except in some of groups
Engagement/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 10, 2016
Sales centeric organization with very week sales team which is good at blaming everything on delivery. Co-workers are good only if you do not have any conflict of interest.
hcl
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  INJuly 6, 2016
Fair bonus structure, which is paid bi-annually based on personal and company performance (depending on level in organization)
Fully developed methodologies in Business Transformation Services Practice
Great support from peers
Development Manager assigned to support Professional Growth and Development
Opportunities to move up within a Practice if so desired, and you're willing to go the extra mile
immature workplace
L1 IT SD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 26, 2016
Was never properly trained
Did not feel management was competent
Co-Workers where wonderful to get along with and talk to
Hardest part of the day was when asking an SME fro hlp, getting an attitude about it
Most enjoyable part of the day, working with chevron users themselves
Pros
Cons
incompitent managment
Bad place to work!!!
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 22, 2016
HCL America as a company was not a good place to work, the HR department and the on-boarding process was a total nightmare! Took them over 90 days to get my name right in the system and my medical insurance card never did have the correct spelling of my last name. Total nightmare company to work for and VERY unprofessional.
Pros
Cant think of any!
Cons
Read the review!
Great Company in the IOP space
AVP Infrastructure Operations and Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
HCL is an overall great company. Very focused on customer satisfaction. Excellent diversity of accounts globally and allows you an opportunity to be engaged in several technology verticals if you choose to. There are several internal competing initiatives that can sometimes cause pain in balancing customer requirements vs. internal needs but for the most part, the proper support is given to the management to drive and manage accounts respectively.

I definitely recommend HCL as a long term employer with many opportunities for growth and global presence.
Pros
Flexible, minimal micro management, growth opportunity
Cons
can be very buracratic at time and too process driven
HCL Review
Transition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 20, 2016
Great company to work for. The people are really good at what they do and very supportive when you need it. My management is very hard to get a hold of because he travels on a weekly basis so that is my only downside on this company is there really isn't a good way to get a hold of your manager when you need them.
It is not fun place to work.
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 20, 2016
I believe the company may a great resources and opportunities, however they are not well organized. I believe also one of the problem is cultural issues.
Good place to start with
Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2016
There is always a job insecurity among the employees. The salary is not in par with industrial standards. They have offices in many places
Pros
Processes H1B
Cons
Job insecurity
Productive and fun workplace
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 13, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Great environment and provided an opportunity for learning new things. Very professional environment and management is great.
Great company
senior java developer (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 5, 2016
Good company to work for as a mid level developer , many things I have learned here. Nice time. Good management and great colleagues to work with.
Good company if you are on your own
Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2016
Gives you lot of freedom to deliver however you would also have to take complete accountability. Growth chances are fully dependent on the account you work on.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
growth, compensation
Don't work here
Senior Technical Lead UNIX Systems (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 27, 2016
Benefits are great ... that is where the good parts of this company stops.

Management is openly hostile to your face and ruthless behind your back. They treat you worse than a number.

Most of the people I worked with were re-badge employee's. When the initial contract period negotiated by the company doing the outsourcing was over all bets were off.

It is all about the bottom line for this company. Buyer beware.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Culture and Management
Nice Organization to work with.
SR. SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2016
HCL Technologies is a great place to work for. Provides flexibility and work-life balance. You have horn your skills by working different projects one after the another.