HCL Technologies Employee Reviews in United States

Job security is good
Member Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2016
I worked there around 2+ years and people are good. Nice place to work for and the culture is also really good. Management does well and the colleagues were supportive
Good Place to work
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
People Management is good. Not much projects in pipeline.

Nice Project managers and skilled people around the team.

Easy going and fun place to work
Review on HCL America
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Not much exposure for new things to learn. Lot of work pressure at the client place especially. No work/life balance. Not paid for extra hours.
Good comany to work with
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 16, 2016
* Good company to work with
* Work life balance
* Day to day operations, regular interlock meetings at CXO layer and Director's of the client organization
* Participate and present in contract negotiations, SLA discussions/negotiations, monthly and quarterly review with client
* Project and program management
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Flexibility
Selective domain thrive others stagnate.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INFebruary 11, 2016
HCL Tech is an IT giant in the Indian IT industry however in reality it is a company that is upholding its name with just a handful for profitable domains in which the company has managed to retain their clients over a long period of time. If a prospective employee is unfortunate enough to be part of the not so successful wings, it is unlikely he'll enjoy any growth and unless a personal effort is made to learn during free time, his learning curve can also not look very good. The management as one can guess in these domains are incompetent and the office environments reeks of dirty politics.
Pros
Easy to get employed into HCL tech. I had one round of HR interview and that was it.
Cons
It's a gamble to join HCL especially as a entry level professional.
My first coding with Ruby on Rails and Java
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Spent more then 2 months with learning ruby on rails and Java basics. Once I had those I had to solve real time issues on the server which helped me to learn more on the issues faced.

Learnt how to use stack overflow and other forums to efficiently post questions and get answers out of it sometimes get feedback on the questions I asked.

Had to develop new features based on the Business Requirement Diagram (BRD). Once those were implemented I had to run unit test cases to make sure I was not affecting the modules developed by other developers.

Branching and rebasing techniques in Git helped us a lot in code management.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Short span of time to develop new features.
never see the HCL management team
SR. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 7, 2016
good co-worker, upper management does not know what we do, they are all in India, do not inform the employees of anytime.
HCL is a nice company to work
Power Systems Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I've been associated with HCL since 2008. I'm really happy to work with.
Good work environment as a MNC company
Benefits,Allowances,Flexible Schedule,Managers,Colleagues and all.
Pros
Good work environment as a MNC company
Cons
Long term employees wont get good salary hike
From somebody who worked for 6 yrs. with them
A Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsFebruary 1, 2016
Not a company for you if you are serious about your career. It might be the last company in anybody's list. Don't be fooled. There is more than what meets the eye.
Pros
You can be a hero always
Cons
No career, pay, recognition, leadership, management & HR
From somebody who worked for 6 yrs
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2016
If you like travel 275 days a year, want to have no career, want to live cheap, want to take up sacrifices and want to be a hero, this is the company you want to join.
Pros
Everybody is a hero
Cons
Leadership, sweat shop, no processes, no maturity
Very aggressive
Executive Program Director (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJFebruary 1, 2016
The company is managed by Indian bosses both in US and from India who are very aggressive and demand a lot from employees. Coworkers are ok. The hardest part is adjusting to their management style.
Great Company
Citrix Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
As with any other company that issues contract employment, permanency is up in the air. Good Company overall! Culture is Great!
Would be a great place to work
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 22, 2016
HCL as a whole is a great place to work but certain projects are mismanaged and use misguided approaches to getting the job done. HCL has helped me learn about new areas of the IT world that I otherwise wouldn't have had access to. Co-workers and most management are a thrill to work with, while others have power trips or dubious dreams.
Pros
Home/Work Balance, Co-workers, Job Security.
Cons
Pay Rate, too many chiefs
flexible work environment and best place for married womens
Test lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2016
HCL is the best place to start the IT career after your college. Trainings are well planned and well educated trainers. Best place to learn new technologies. Best work life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low salary
Pretty good
SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 17, 2016
There are a lot of room for improvement. At the end of day the job needs to get done and that is what we do.

I have learned a lot about SAP EAM, IMRO and Consulting. Great group of guts and a pretty fun atmosphere. Very diverse group but we find a way to come together and succeed.
Global corporation for leading technology services
Country Manager - Qatar (Current Employee) –  Doha, DAWJanuary 6, 2016
Global corporation for leading technology services
32 countries & growing.

Self motivated go getters rewarded - process, administration needs improvement
Not recommended this company
software engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
I was my bad decision when I worked with HCL America.You work in culture are not friendly if your outside this culture. There are a lot of company in Nashville offer same type of job and money and have less headache.
Pros
NA
Cons
Very bad mangemanet that make you feel your waisting your time and degree
I love working for HCL America
IT-Zone Coordinator/ Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 30, 2015
They are the best company in the world. They take an old school American approach to how they treat their employees. When they say "Employees First" that's what they mean! I didn't have a car when I first started working for HCL. But, they have a Employee Car Loan program. I was able to purchase a brand new Cadillac fresh off of the show room floor. Then the day, I got the car I was rear ended and ended up in the hospital with damage to my car. HCL allowed me take as much rest as I needed to recover and allowed me to work from home, as well as take out an advance against my Pay to cover the medical expenses. The Management is Awesome, very, kind, caring, respectful and humble! I have NEVER in my life worked for Such a company! Although this is a Indian based Company; They have stole me away! I think that all American companies need to adopt the way that they treat their employees. With great honor and respect.
Pros
They are very caring and respectful.
Cons
They yet to have a healthcare technical support contract.
Fun place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2015
My First Company , Good Corporate Culture , Best place to Work. Co-Workers are friendly and helpful. Works on Weekend when required.
Fun work place
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, focused on creating new business and a great culture. Strong leadership. This company has the most genuine and helpful co-workers.