HCL Technologies Employee Reviews

Not best management
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, INDSeptember 30, 2017
Received some not good managers in HCL. otherwise nice place to work with.

Onsite opportunities are good . Training scopes good. Work culture good . Perks not verygood
HCL Hostile Working Environment - WORST JOB EVER
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 29, 2017
I would not recommend working at HCL. Read all of the consistent. negative comments and posts about the majority of experiences. Management bullies and insults the intelligence of American workers. I couldn't get out of there quick enough and still endured over 2 years of the most unprofessional and inappropriate as well as hostile working environment. RUN!!!

This was the WORST job experience.
Benefits
Cons
Management is undermining and bullies. Hostile working environment is the norm.
Good place to work at
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Good place to work at, growth opportunities, nice workplace culture, management is good, a lot to learn, professionally sound, medical benefits provided
Competitive and fun place to work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2017
HCL is a great company to work with.they treat their employees like family,like they have a policy of employee first and they mean it.The work culture at HCL is really friendly.It may vary at client locations as per client requirement but I would highly recommend HCL.
I would avoid working for HCL
Field Services Lead / Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 24, 2017
I've only met my current manager once in 3 years, but talk with him several times a week. HCL is a contracting company, but he seems weak when it comes to dealing with the customer, an example is that currently we are required to keep track of the furniture in the video conference room, as well as the computer equipment.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
bad pay and no overtime
Ok place to work, make sure you stay on top of management and HR
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 22, 2017
HCL is a great place to work for getting your foot in the door with I.T., management needs to be more communicative with employees. Employees are not robots.
Pros
Great Health Insurance Plan, Company Matches Up To 4% for 401K
Cons
Very Bad Communication Between Management And Employees
Good company to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 21, 2017
Good company to work where you learn technologies with client environment. Job options are available in multiple locations across USA. Workplace culture is mainly depends on reporting manager and its not related to any company policies.
Poor Culture/Management
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 18, 2017
Worked for HCL for a year and never received access to all necessary tools to perform my job; was also advised I was under performing despite not being able to do my job to it's fullest potential.
Pros
Travel, fair pay
Cons
management, project management and delegation
very bad work experience at HCL
Portfolio/ Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 18, 2017
Not a place for women - its a little gang of men, no discussions happen with women even about their own career or what they wanna do. You are expected to just come to work deliver and go home.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
no respect for women
N/a
Tier 1 Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Temporary position. Until something else comes along. Good learning experience to use as a stepping stone for the future in the IT industry. Lots of opportunity here.
India based company
Team Lead Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 18, 2017
They only promote indians brought over to the US . There management is rude inconsiderate and if the are above you in job title you are beneath them in life status
Bit stressful job
PEGA Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 16, 2017
1.Need to work minimum 10 hours a day.
2.Pay is less what i deserve.
3.Felt learning part in less.
4.find difficulty to maintain the work life balance
5.Overall it was good experience gained in HCL
good
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Liked the work culture.The management is good.They are providing training as well.The work-life balance is good.Overall I liked the job and the team..
Not good
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2017
They expect you to be super god right off the start! They move you from building to building and expect you to know everything about the buildings how to find your way around etc...you are expect to close 5 tickets a day even though most tickets require ordering parts...no pay increase no matter how good you are as long you keep closing tickets and making hcl look good to the contractor that's all they care about
Pros
Health insurance is good
Cons
Little PTO time, not flexible with needing to leave early for doctors appointments etc..
HCL Summary
Network Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Very poor management, they try to hire for very less money. They count every single penny, don't care about employee at all. I would never recommend anyone to work for HCL.
Stable Company
Director of Sales, Aerospace and Defense (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Good company to work for and I enjoyed my time at HCL. I really don't understand why I am required to give my opinion about HCL Technologies. I am applying for another job.
Good company to work with
Technical lead- Backup and Storage (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work if the management is good. There are more exploring opportunities across USA. Work culture is good, and have good medical coverage. But very difficult to get the green card applied and its depends on the service delivery manager.
beware
Senior Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2017
pretty much a call center. management sucks. no room for growth. work life balance nonexistent and you'll spend countless time wondering how some of your colleagues were even hired. my advice..... get in, get experience, and get out!!!!!
Pros
good starter job, decent benefits
Cons
pretty much everything else
Not a good place for techie's
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  lead engineerSeptember 11, 2017
Lot of management politics to handle rather than focusing on the technical solution.
Management friendly company.
Still need to focus on the employee growth in terms of their career path.
Pros
Good for management aspirant.
Cons
Bad for technical folks.
Good company to work for
Verifone (client), Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for HCL. I would work for them again. They gave me opportunities although I was left alone to pursue them. I left because a role could not be found after an engagement. A lot of skills just walked out of the door. I think the process for this is slow where the department to help you find work is to be relied upon. It really does work on contacts to find a new position which is not correct.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Work life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCL Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.