HCL Employee Reviews

Great Company
Unix/Linux Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2016
Great Company to work for. Communication is very good and employees are treated with respect. Great benefits and location
Good Company
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work. While on contract there I was given the opportunity to become a project manager. I would have never known how much I enjoy this position if I was never given the chance.
Outsourced culture that continues to outsource at all costs
Oracle RAC Database Architect/ Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 26, 2016
HCL does not care for quality workers anymore. They use to claim to hire the people needed to make the customer happy. Now they only care about outsourcing to India at ALL costs.
Pros
sometimes work from home
Cons
fight to see family and often asked to train replacement
Competitive work environment
T-2 ITS Global Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2016
Environment is acceptable the contractors are not consistent or stable they are not always available when needed.

I enjoy being with this company because I enjoy helping others. and sharing what I have and have learned with those less fortunate. I enjoy the idea of each one teach one.

The hardest portaion of this job is knowing that they do not compensate you for holidays and overtime.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Work all holidays with no incentive, overtime is .5 only
Good work enviornment with very exclusive upper management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 25, 2016
One of the key things about HCL is that everyone is organized into Projects, and with each project it has its own manager, supervisor, team leads. Each one of these vary wildly, so you may get a good group, and you may get a bad one. Besides general organization, very little is the same for each project.

Upper management has a very exclusive culture, and while working here you will feel and be given what feels like a foreign ideal. Growth seems limited, and based heavily on who you know. Making waves as it were called in problems or policies is punishable, and very much a job that encourages on focusing on your work and ignore everything else.
Pros
Good co-workers and environments can be found
Cons
Exclusive culture and a mind your own business attitude
Network Engineer
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 19, 2016
A professional with relevant 13+ years of rich cultural experience in IT Infrastructure Management, Network Management, Client Servicing and Team Management.
Sr software engineer
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 16, 2016
Out sourcing to HCL working on the client site. Doing the same job as before. There are a lot of opening if you want to relocation.
Pros
good insurence, 401k
Cons
need move from client to client
It's ok
IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2016
They seem to care more about how many calls you take not the quality of the call you take or even if you fix the issue at all. If you are on the call longer than 7 mins they are already telling you to pass it off even if it's fixable or it won't fix it to pass it off.
Hcl ?
Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 12, 2016
no direction at this company, looking to send all work to low cost centers outside of the US. Weak management. Little or no work that isn't short term. OK if you like to travel and move every 3-6 months
HCL HR and Management is very bad.
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 7, 2016
When I started with the company it took them over 6 weeks to get my name right in the system and set up my medical ... they still have not gotten my last name right. it's been 3 months ...
Nice place to work
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2016
They give every nice opportunity and freedom to work.Apart from the compensation benefits,workplace is very good.Could stand improvement.Communication needs grave improvement.
ok place
Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 1, 2016
hr needs improvement
Everything else is ok
.......
....
...
...
Could be better at advancement
Policies needs revamping as we are in America there needs some American policies added
WFM Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Unprofessional management at HCL/Anthem because after inclement weather, management still wanted to have people come in and always looking for reason to fired people.
Terrable company
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2016
This company is based out of India. These people only care about making money from the company they are contracted with. They don't care about their employees, as they don't want to abide by basic workers rights.
Unfair labor practices
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 10, 2015
This company unfairly pays its workers 1/2 their hourly rate for overtime. This is not only unfair but illegal.
I worked in St. Louis, MO.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Low pay
Working as a contractor was a good experience.
Data Center Operations / Critical Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 5, 2015
Working as a contractor for another company doing IT work was a really good experience.
Working in the Bio Tech field as was a fast learning curve but I enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Lack of communication to employees.
Work for HCL
Senior IT Analyst, Functional Consultant Infra (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at HCL. It was extremely insightful and I loved my coworkers as well as the environment. I got to travel to several locations to train including Chennai India. I was also on a transition team and traveled to Tennessee to do a knowledge transfer.
Co-workers are team players
Level 1 Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 15, 2015
My Co-workers have made me very welcomed in my new position. They have been very supportive of me. The most enjoyable part of my job is my colleagues, they have really made the transition a smooth one.
Pros
flexibility
Great
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 9, 2015
Great business environment. Provided excellent training to help me in future endeavors. I have nothing but positive comments to say about HCL
A challenging postion
IT Specialist, Global Accounts Management (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 26, 2015
My day is spent trying to determine the best way to deal with an ever increasing backlog of tickets. My team is barely concerned about my responsibilities and is content with simply kicking a ticket over to me if it is geographically happens to be in my building. Management is hardly ever present (in fact it's overseas) and the web portal is filled with broken links and confusing processes that hinder doing anything without a major effort. I often feel very alone and self identify as an employee of the client I represent rather than the firm that pays me. The benefits are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
non-existent management