HCS Employee Reviews

Horrible ethics and deceptive management (especially SWVA Director)
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VANovember 3, 2017
Management at HCS is cut throat, deceptive and their contract (to quote my lawyer) is “not worth the paper it wrote on.” They lie to entice you and once you’re working for them they continue to lie. Very unethical practices just to rack up billing.
Pros
Summer pay
Cons
Deceptive management and poor communication between counselors and managment
Great experience
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GASeptember 16, 2017
I feel like the superintendent was bias in some of the situations that occurred on the. Field. He did not understand the amount of time we stayed away from our families and constantly put in overtime. I feel like the workers need to be off more.
Pros
Money
Cons
No days off
Muy constante el trabajo
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
Una compañía muy buena lo malo que no es muy grande y hay menos oportunidades de crecer
Flexible Schedule
Agent (Former Employee) –  MSApril 23, 2017
Great people to work with and hours are very flexible but
pay is commission only. Commission pay only so if people don't pay their bills, you don't get paid either.
Pros
hours flexible
Cons
commission only
Hcs
Hotel Contracting Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2017
Liaison to all members of the armed forces. Paperwork, data entry, a lot of computer work and verifying, verifying, and some more verifying. Overall great leadership and team.
fun workplace
LVN (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day involves interacting with clients. Seeing them have a great day having fun is so rewarding. Loved seeing clients have fun at dances or learn something new
The reviews posted here are for another company than the one that is hiring...
Office Administrator Electronic Records (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VANovember 27, 2016
HCS is Highlands Community Services Mental and Behavioral Health.

I found my position through this site and have been employed HCS for a year now and I love it! I love the people/consumers we work with, my co workers and my job over all.

It's a great place to work.
Good group of employees, manager is fair, easy going
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAOctober 24, 2016
Enjoy working with the residents, travel time is very short. Work with some very nice people, made some good friends. Hours are very good 6 am - 2 pm.
Pros
Close very little travel time
Cons
Short staffing, inaccuracies in salaries
It was good
Operations and construction manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, COMay 16, 2016
It was A good place to work. I did learn a lot and get to do a lot of stuff I had never done before. It had its good and its bad. It was a nice place to work for the most part.
Number One software solution for hospitality
Sales and Technology Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
This software solution has been the most excepted in the industry for the last 20 years. The software rights have been sold several times over that period and created turmoil for the dealerships.
Pros
Well excepted solution
Cons
Many changes in dealer network
Productive and Expanding My Knowledge in all areas
client support worker (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 9, 2016
I am looking to provide my skills and services to the employer seeking such, as well as adding to my skills new knowledge in the areas of expertise.
good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 29, 2016
good company. very flexible with staff and schedules. clinical staff with excellent knowledge. they cover a very large clinical area.
Great Company To Learn From
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 11, 2016
Great company to learn from and to help broaden your skill set. Helps with learning new skills with different clients. Helps with someone with less experience, gain experience
Temporary
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 10, 2016
No training
Safe environment
Great wages
Company was under new management and was going through a lot of changes
No job security
Temporary employment
Supporting Individuals In Their Home
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYFebruary 5, 2016
In the residential setting, a typical day included coming into work, punching in, reading notes, and signing over med keys. Full-Time are evening shifts and overnights; 2 or 3 per week depending on the home. Heritage Christian Service mission and reputation as a company USE to mean something !! NOT anymore. They hire pretty much anyone with a HS diploma. I've seen people who have gotten promotions that did not deserve it but with a high turn over rate like this company I'm not surprised. I would not recommend this job as a full-time, permanent position. Relief is better although you get treated badly and have no benefits at least you would still be able to somewhat have a life. This company would not be able to be ran without their relief staff so treat them better ! Full-time ?? Please pretty much forget it No job work/ life balance. It becomes tedious, redundant and mentally exhausting. RN's expect you to be experts at passing medication and treating the individual medically. The amount of responsibility they put on DSP's for little pay is atrocious and un-relistic. Management are lazy, shady and incompetent of doing their jobs. This a "family ran" agency. Meaning anything/ concerns the families have about their loved one is automatically correct; even if its a lie. Families of loved ones residing in a residential setting have too much pull in this company. HCS needs to revamp their agency or else its gonna be out of business really soon !! Understaffing, overworked, and un-appreciated staff will not stay too much longer !! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!
Pros
Forming Relationships with the individual you support, taking them on outings
Cons
Everything. Bad co-workers, backstabbers, hostile environment, no benefits for relief
HCS does not exist anymore. Bad management
HW / FW Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO, USAJanuary 8, 2016
As a Canadian citizen I was hired with TN visa ( NAFTA) in Colorado Springs, CO, US office of Heartland Payment Systems, Campus solutions ( HCS) and I stayed there for about, 2 years
I accepted to work as an Hardware/Firmware Engineer to help in developing, support and maintenance HCS's systems.
I knew that that company had a policy for minimum of $75 000 for Engineers but they broke this and my salary was 45 000. They also broke the federal law of Equal Pay Act in US.
When they asked me to do the next project I refused because of the reasons above. Than I quit.
Few months later the office was shut down because of financial difficulties.
No any compensation, even I paid for my visa and moving to and from Colorado Springs
High expectations, Great Opportunities
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 6, 2016
A difficult field to work in while balancing your personal life but very rewarding the relationships you earn with clients, families and co workers.
Entry level job
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton CountyJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work if you are fresh out of college and needing to develop our skill-set and job experience. The work environment is self-paced, but lacks formal training on how to effectively manage a high caseload.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, Holiday incentives, work culture
Cons
Salary, Career advancement opportunities, work-load
IT Analyst
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 29, 2015
Installed software, modified and repaired hardware and resolved technical issues.
Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
Managed call flow and responded to technical support needs of customers.
Assisted over 50 customers with technical support in one day.
Resolved customer issues in a clear, courteous and straightforward manner.
Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy with customers at all times.
home attendent
Home attendant (Former Employee) –  brooklyn, new yorkJune 14, 2015
It was a hard job depending on the patient I had to work with. I worked with two patients mainly and they were both an absolute pleasure. I have learned a lot on the job and it made me love the whole field.