HCSC Employee Reviews

Devops Role
Build & Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 5, 2016
I have worked with chef servers and monitoring tools and I have worked with application servers. I used to deploy application and used to take care application servers which are related to HCSC
Management Team needs work
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 29, 2015
Old School mindset in a company that needs to adjust in order to compete in the market. Management tends to work silo and if they have been there over 10 years they aren't willing to change their mind on work life balance. Male dominated company, women in management tend to work and think as men, not being lenient to women employees in certain areas.
Pros
Community minded, pension, competitive wages
Cons
Management has old school mentality, work life balance not equal in all areas, depends on your managers thought process
more of a cookie cuter office wants real low noise volume which is good but gets to quiet want to sleep
Claims examiner II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2015
I have enjoyed working for hcsc for 15 years I am in a stage in my life where my children need me first due to losing father in feb 2015, Grandmother in oct 2014, So I am the only adult that can take my kids to appoints even if I make late in afternoon or early morning. I think the hardest part of my job is the constant change that is to close, I am unable to learn on line of businsess before two or three more part are added in.
Pros
no free lunches, maybe a snack cart with healthy choices.
Cons
short breaks a little bit of flexability on work hours.
Quality Assessment Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
I do not have anything negative to say about HCSC, they are truly a wonderful company to work for and they care about their employees!
HCSC is a productive organization
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2015
I have been with the company for 10 years and enjoy the projects that I was part of. I love the company and would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
everything
Very nice atmosphere to work
Sr. Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  downtown chicago ILSeptember 21, 2015
HCSC is a very good company, professional culture and nice management and clean environment. People are friendly and helpful.
My team was exceptional as I have to work on many different level and learned many new technologies.
Very diverse and fun place to work. HCSC promotes lot of programs for the employees
Sr.Quality Assurance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
HCSC is a great company to be part off. Its is very culturally diverse. The company has lot s of personal development programs in place for their employees, they encourage healthy lifestyle and fitness for their workers. Over all its a superb company to work for.
Pros
Lots of opportunites for advancement.
Cons
None I can think of.
Great people to work with at HCSC
IT Director of Applications (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX and Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
Enjoyed greatly my 20 years at HCSC, I always felt there was advancement potential, have great friends, and the people are wonderful to work with. Flex time during day, possibility to work remote, multiple locations in different states.
Pros
flex hours, work remote
Cons
not exactly cutting edge, year end is crazy
Nice environment with supportive staff
Sr. Project Coordinator, Retail (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 11, 2015
Great learning experience, specifically for Affordable Care Act implementation. Opportunities to grow and learn across the Enterprise. Movement within is available with Internal Job Postings.
Stressful
Member processor (Former Employee) –  NapervilleJuly 8, 2015
Love my coworkers but management is horrible no people skills treat the employees like dirt that is for the onboard enrollment department. Lack of knowledge from the supervisor's job is very stressful and for what your getting paid its not worth it.
Pros
co workers
Great place to work.
Lead Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 7, 2015
Easy, friendly enviroment. Great people, great benefits.
Actually get training. You know what your job is and are left to do it. No micro management. Supervisors are great.
claims examiner stable position
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 1, 2015
I've enjoyed working here and am looking to further my career in insurance or medical field. They are a good company to work for, good benefits, pto, 401k.
Customer Service oriented
TELETECH HOLDINGS (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
This Job is alright for a starter customer service job, but for a individual who wants to grow in a department this is not that job. I have learned a lot about computer and technology but not a lot of job advancements and careers.
Management needs work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 11, 2014
There is a tremendous lack of communication within management to the staff. It has been brought up many times in many meetings and they still hold on to the way they've been doing things. Although I enjoyed the tasks of my job a lot.
Pros
not a whole lot as a temp
Cons
treated as less as a temp
Hard work
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 30, 2014
I met some great people while working here and made some great friends.
Great organization with weakness in govermental sector
Senior Supervisor of Care Management (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 25, 2014
Great organization overall. Leader in the commercial market, novice in government programs (Medicare and Medicaid)
Productive fun workplace
Records processor (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Productive fun workplace

•a typical day at work, goes by fast while getting much work accomplished.

•what you learned;

•management; is always willing to help when you need assistance.

•your co-workers, are also very kind and don't mind assisting other

•the hardest part of the job, n/a

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work, call center environment, you must like being on the phones non stop all day.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
Great place for career pathing
Sr Product Manager Consultant (Current Employee) –  richardson, TXJune 20, 2014
- Company cares for employees and members.
- Alot of learning/training available to employees.
- Exposure to various areas of the company
Middle Management has no experience managing people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 2, 2014
I worked there for 2 1/2 years the first year was good. They hired a bunch of management through nepotism. With no people management experience. I worked in the PMO office and my manager has no project management experience. You basically told that you are in a service job in the EPMO not an governance job.
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
poor management lacks experience in pmo