HCSC Employee Reviews

Typical large corporation
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
slow moving and hard to effect change, it is not the companies fault but it just takes so many departments and people to get things done, usually that protects the company....i understand.... however, because of the size it is too easy for people to have lower accountability. some like that, but i do not.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hard to make changes
competitive salary with other companies
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 5, 2018
HCSC has a competitive salary with other companies and adjusted according upon review every few years. HCSC believed in diversity among the employees and had received several awards. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my staff.
terrible
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 30, 2017
not the best to work. dirty, mismanaged office with less than congenial management. employees were treated unfairly and certain people were given priority treatment over others.
All depends on your manager/dept.....
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 20, 2017
One area may be laid back, while the other is tense. One manager may let people work from home, while others cannot. Everything depends on manager discretion.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Flexibility, advancement
awful
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 15, 2017
Poor management and unrealistic goals, expensive and poor healthcare benefits. Back stabbing advancement. Advancement is based on who you are, not your ability
Stressful
Correspondent Advocate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 21, 2017
Very much a large company where you are just a number. No one cares about anyone at all. If you aren't reaching your numbers you are in trouble constantly.
A Typical Job
Caring Van Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 20, 2017
It's a pretty typical corporate environment. There is not anything uniquely special from this entity to another. You check in at 8am and check out 5pm. If you like steady, it's a great fit for you.
not the place to be
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2017
the management has been dismantling the entire team over the past 2-3 years and outsourcing much of the work to foreign countries, in spite of promising not to do so.
Busy and fast paced long hours.
Health Insurance- Small Group Account Management (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 3, 2017
Small Group Account Management begins about 7am and may not end until well after 6pm depending on the quarter. This includes answering phone calls both internal and external customers as well as email. Working renewals and ancillary sales, patient claim and benefit inquires may take some time in researching whatever the issue may be.
Pros
Health Medical, Dental and Life Insurance plus 401K
Cons
long hours and very stressful 4th quarters
Poorly managed
Quality Management Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Some departments were poorly managed. There was a substandard work culture with low work morale. They practiced poor ethics compliance. However, they offered good benefits including an annual bonus.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Ethics Compliance, Work Culture
HCSC does not care about technology or loyalty to skilled employees
IT staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2017
The IT department has bee mismanaged for so many years. They wasted money on things that does not serve the departments in any way. They have a lot of very competent and skilled professional staff which they overlooked due to favoritism and nepotism. The management has no clue how to run the place.
Pros
none to say.
Cons
Need I say more?
Hcsc
Refund Adjudication Examiner (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 17, 2017
I worked for many years for HCSC, and they are an good choice for office personnel and professionals in the insurance industry. They have been a stable workplace with high ethical standards. Many topics of continuing education are offered there online. Management is trained to be fair and non-judgmental, but given great leeway on personal management style. Oversight is fairly constant, as they have e-monitoring and telephone recording for all inventory-driven areas. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with inventory standards. The job itself was mostly interesting and challenging.
Pros
Cafeteria, 401K, health and life insurance, workout center
Cons
High inventory, staff reduction
enjoyed able to do videos on break excercise
Membership Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Marshall TXAugust 15, 2017
My job was great and I enjoyed all my contacts that I worked with daily. My coworkers were easy to work with, at times not so easy. Learned so much working at HCSC.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
applying to positions, not always rec feedback
Overall very positive experience
Service Delivery & Operations Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
HCSC was a good employer and provided me with many opportunities. I would recommend the company to a friend and believe the company has a bright future and continued success.
Pros
Opportunities for those with a strong work ethic
Cons
n/a
IT Process Design & Governance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2017
Have worked here for several years and enjoy the people and the environment. The one major complaint would be how long it takes to get through the internal transfer or promotion process.
Too much work for so few staff
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
Staff are overworked...Many people have the jobs of at least 3 people.Days are filled with meetings that are often "Blame-storming sessions" leaving little to no time to do the work that comes out of the meetings. Sr. Leadership is constantly changing so as soon as you build rapport with one you have to start over with another. Also support seems to stop at middle management, leaving their hands tied and limits their ability to get you the recognition you deserve
The compensation is great, if you're fortunate enough to land a role where you get to do what you thought you were being hired to do.
Pros
Location, Benefits, Onsite gym, name brand recognition, encouragement to volunteer
Cons
Management at Director Level and above- NO SUPPORT...UNKIND
good experience with corporate world
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 23, 2017
Did not like my experience there. Overall hard place to get ahead in and long hours made this place rough. I do not want to write more about this company
I am extremely appreciative of the opportunity to work for such a great employer!
Benefit Coding Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 18, 2017
I would highly recommend HCSC to anyone seeking a great job with a commitment to diversity, integrity, and home-work balance. My reason for seeking a new career path is that I would like the opportunity to expand my knowledge in a new field and use my creativity in some capacity. I owe a great deal to HCSC in making me a better employee and have not a single negative thing to say about the company as a whole. Great place to work!
Pros
Work from home, excellent work-life balance, stability, benefits
Cons
Certain stressful moments were to be expected but not too taxing
Well Organized Company
Lead Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time with HCSC. My duties were varied, the benefits good. They tried really hard to be there for their employees and cared about their well being.

At the time, the offices were in a big building downtown. I am oddly uncomfortable in downtown areas.
Pros
Well Organized
Cons
Downtown
HCSC, Leader in the Health Care Industry
Customer Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 27, 2017
Throughout the Implementation and subsequent fluid nature of the ACA law, we have risen to the crest of these volatile times in our industry. We have help firm to the belief that our members are the reason we should strive to offer the best possible value for their health care premiums.