HCSC

HCSC Employee Reviews

Customer Service oriented
TELETECH HOLDINGS (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
This Job is alright for a starter customer service job, but for a individual who wants to grow in a department this is not that job. I have learned a lot about computer and technology but not a lot of job advancements and careers.
Management needs work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 11, 2014
Pros: not a whole lot as a temp
Cons: treated as less as a temp
There is a tremendous lack of communication within management to the staff. It has been brought up many times in many meetings and they still hold on to the way they've been doing things. Although I enjoyed the tasks of my job a lot.
Hard work
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee), Marion, ILOctober 30, 2014
I met some great people while working here and made some great friends.
Great organization with weakness in govermental sector
Senior Supervisor of Care Management (Current Employee), ChicagoSeptember 25, 2014
Great organization overall. Leader in the commercial market, novice in government programs (Medicare and Medicaid)
Productive fun workplace
Records processor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Productive fun workplace

•a typical day at work, goes by fast while getting much work accomplished.

•what you learned;

•management; is always willing to help when you need assistance.

•your co-workers, are also very kind and don't mind assisting other

•the hardest part of the job, n/a

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, call center environment, you must like being on the phones non stop all day.
Great place for career pathing
Sr Product Manager Consultant (Current Employee), richardson, TXJune 20, 2014
- Company cares for employees and members.
- Alot of learning/training available to employees.
- Exposure to various areas of the company
Middle Management has no experience managing people
Project Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 2, 2014
Pros: good vacation time
Cons: poor management lacks experience in pmo
I worked there for 2 1/2 years the first year was good. They hired a bunch of management through nepotism. With no people management experience. I worked in the PMO office and my manager has no project management experience. You basically told that you are in a service job in the EPMO not an governance job.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
This office cares about it's staff- there is an open door policy with all managers and just overall a wonderful place to work.
Changes in HealthCare Industry
Financial Analyst III (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
Continuous changes in the healthcare industry has increased production in various sectors within the organization.
No guidance, no orientation, no support
rather not say (Current Employee), albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2014
Pros: co workers are friendly
Cons: bad managers, no help, no training
Not trained when hired, given lots of jobs with no explanation, got in trouble when asked questions or asked for help. Managers don't care, don't answer questions. Managers lie and they tell staff to work weekends and longer shifts (10-12 hours) for no extra pay or time off, never say thank you.
A company that knows what Diversity means.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Abilene, txMarch 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, work environment.
Cons: strict rules.
A company that truly gets what Diversity is, and goes above and beyond then just the bare minimum requirements.
The rules are a bit strict but you get used to it after awhile. Great benefits, bonuses, – more... great work/life balance. Team leaders and management are very helpful. All employees are treated equally no matter which shift they are on. Management actually listens to employees and don't penalize people that bring up new ideas or refine the old ones.
Over all a great company to work for. – less
Great
CSA II (Former Employee), Abilene,TXFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: everything
One of the best employer in Abilene.they take very good care of their people. Excellent benefits,training,co-workers, management,work enviroment. Everything is super awsome.
Good company to work for over all.
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Abilene, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good break schedules, easy to talk to supervisors, gave comendation awards for those that were doing 100% quality, great benifits health, dental, vision, 401k
Cons: strick on associating with other employee's, micro managed their employee's
I loved doing the claims processing for medical claims on the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas side. It was detailed work and they gave not so good training once you reached the floor from the Original – more... hiring and training you received upon employment. They lost their major account and brought in new business and with all the changes I was let go over production. They released a lot of employee's that couldn't keep up with the 15 plus accounts business wide. I would say it was a great company to work for they took good care of their employee. – less
Very
CUSTOMER ADVOCATE II / PHONE (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 27, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits, time off, and pay
Cons: stressful invornment, short breaks, strict schedules
A typical day includes answering between 40-50 telephone calls. Each call would require problem solving while providing amazing customer service. The phone call could require providing a benefit quote – more... or adjusting a complex claim. The job is very stressful and requires a strict work ethic. I have learned the workflows, policies, and inner process of health insurance companies. My co-workers are a very tight knit friendly group who I could count on during any situation. Management is some-what lenient but, they must stick to the black and white processes of the corporation. The hardest part of my job is putting up with the ridicule and insults from the customers during the phone calls. Insurance companies have a some-what bad name and its easy for the callers to blame the person on the other end of the line. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the tight friendships I now have. – less
HCSC is the best place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 6, 2013
HCSC is one of the best company I have ever worked for. I worked as a contractor for 3 years and they treat the contractors same as their employees
fantastic company
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and good people
Cons: terrible work hours
I love HCSC,

It is BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD,

I am just not interested in staying in the insurance filed at the moment.

My Day is very busy, and with the new health care act that has come out I am now working 14 hour days. So my Family is suffering, I am looking for something else.
Fair and diverse environment
IT Quality Assurance Consultant (FTE) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2013
Pros: work from home options
Cons: resistant to change
I enjoy mentoring co-workers and filling any gaps left by management.
Great benefits
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 23, 2013
Handle income calls concerning claims and benefits of health insurance, adjust claims, customer service
Determine whether procedure codes and diagnose codes are covered under members policy
Lotus Notes, Microsoft Windows and DOS System
Know Medicare Guidelines to coordinate benefits
Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits and Coordination of Benefits (Non-Medicare and Medicare)
Independance Within Micro-management
Customer Advocate II (Former Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 11, 2013
They offer a lot of free thinking options, but there are other things that require very by the book actions. The problem is that when something new roles out, the funneling from upper management down to the people implementing it, it gets a lot lost in translation. They make an attempt, but sometimes its too little too late

HCSC Salaries