HCSG Employee Reviews

Poor company habits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Hcsg has a bad name for them selves due to how they treat there employees. The DMs are hateful and have no moral about them or there employees they do not treat anyone with respect
Terrible
Floor Teck (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 15, 2018
This is the lowest paying environmental services/Janitorial companies in the nation. Terrible management. Terribly low wages. Never an increase unless made mandatory by State minimum wage laws. RUN from this company and do not look back
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Only accept employment with Hcsg if you are desperate
Cdm (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 11, 2018
I thought I had worked for some shady companies before but this one is by far the worst. You are micro managed because they feel you are incapable of making decisions on your own. God forbid you go over your incredibly low budget. They will yell at you, berate you in emails, at meetings in front of your peers. You get no training or I didn’t because I was included in an acquisition so they brought me a computer and a bunch of files and said here you go you are everything now, Human Resources, compliance officer, manager, accounts payable make sure to get everything done because if you don’t more humiliation and put downs.and extra work. So if you apply for a job here be prepared. Keep your resume updated cause most people don’t stay long.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Great nursing staff
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, MANovember 25, 2017
Morning hours are nice. Residents are great and the families are nice. Upper management outside of the building never come around. Maintenance men are right on top of things always very helpful.
Pros
$1 lunches, employee cookouts
Cons
Old equipment and building
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2017
It's fast paced easy, fun people to work with. The supervisors need some work. You do dishes. Set up trays cook food and serve them to the elderly. Would love to go back and work here.
Good Times and some bad ones too
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2017
Working for Healthcare Service Groups (HCSG) was really not my idea of a typical work environment. You had to adhere to some of their guidelines that I kinda didn't sit too well with. Which I get the reasoning behind it, it just went against my "going above and beyond" the call of duty nature. Working around my coworkers is fun and hectic at the same time. Everybody's got an attitude, everybody's got different moods, but hey its just in their personality so you gotta overlook that. When you're not having a good day, management and coworkers are there to try to cheer you up and lift your spirits. The one thing that I have concerns with, is getting time off for important events, or just for vacation. At times we were short staffed and there was no one willing to cover, when the time was needed off. Even agreeing to pick up a day of theirs in return, still couldn't cover. To make sure that I didn't go over hours, I worked off the clock. I know I'm not supposed, but there were circumstances that were out of my hands and I had no other recourse... ...
Pros
cool environment fun times great food
Cons
not enough pay, not enough hours, not enough recognition for hard work; both on and off the clock
A good place with all the necesary to live happy.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTNovember 10, 2017
A normal day at the job washing and drying the linen and personals and another days doing housekeeping. It made me grow as a person. The management was very organized and respectful. the best part of my job was serving to the residents.
Pros
its a good job and good benefits
more with less
Food service director (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 9, 2017
cut labor and food budgets always trying to get more with less,we were bought out from genesis with the promise nothing was going to change,slowly but surely changes are taking place,realistically i expected changes,but i cannot continue to absorb these changes and not change anything to the residents which were not allowed to do
Bad
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLAugust 28, 2017
For the amount of stress and work you go through your pay isn't a lot especially for bi-weekly pay. If your looking for a temporary job or extra income then this is it but full time I would not recommend
Balance work, work your own pace
Laundry Aide/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXAugust 8, 2017
HCSG is a great company ! Due to all the transitions at my job site everything is just getting back in order. HCSG come with benefits and paid vacation.
Every minute is precious to the point, do you take lunch, and if you do its fast.
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2017
Very stressful as new residents continuously. Not much time for having any kind of camaraderie. Meeting with new residents a pleasure, but sitting in front of computer afterwards difficult.
I enjoy working for HCSG
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXAugust 2, 2017
I work for healthcare service group in 2010 for 3years.
Now it's a blessing to get with the company again in 2017. I am so ready for my location in North Carolina to still be working for healthcare service group.
No consistency from management. Different rules for everyone
Cook (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 5, 2017
Not a fun or positive environment. Its rush, rush, rush for minimal compensation and no opportunities for advancement. The more drive you show, management takes advantage.
Floor tech/ housekeeping/ laundry aide/ cook
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 1, 2017
I worked for HCSG in. Gallup New Mexico, Roswell NM, and Albq NM . i started out as a laundry aide and worked up to floor tech. I really enjoyed working for this company. I would like it continue working in the area of housekeeping and cook.
Pros
Wonderful company
Cons
Notbing bad
no a/c in laudry room temps up to 115 degrees
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 28, 2017
I had a hard time maintaining composer in the over heated work environments. I found myself dizzy and tired. At some points I was so exhausted I had to take the next day off.
Company is not good to work for. Always making broken promises.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beverly, OHApril 20, 2017
Always did way more than what you get paid to do. I learned not to trust this company. Management was two faced. Hardest part of the job was actually wanting to go to work. Most enjoyable part of the job was going home. This company sucks!
Pros
Mon thru Fri
Cons
Pay is not good, insurance is too high, never have enough supplies to work with, under staffed
Bad Company.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHApril 16, 2017
Very unprofessional company. Managers told other employees personal business violated HIPPA. Cheated out of pay. Plays favorites. Dirty facilities. Unappreciated and untrained employees.
It was a good first job
Arbitration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 12, 2017
I learned a lot about the dynamics of a company. My co-workers were awesome. I was very rarely asked to stay late or come in early. The work is very manageable and doesn't take over your life. It's great if you want to work an 8-5 job and know what you're going to collect. There's rarely any variables in your day to day job. If you show interest in other dimensions of the company, they'll educate you and there is room for movement. Management is good at communicating things to one another but typical office politics do come into effect from time to time, you just have to deal with it. Overall, solid company to work for.
do research first
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 23, 2017
Overall it was quite the experience. I had a daily regiment,but sometimes that would get disrupted a lot of times interesting and then not so much. Could get to work having a bad day and then talk to a resident or family member and laugh and feel happy for the rest of the day. However the mgr. turnover started getting ridiculous and more duties and responsibilities were put on housekeeping. I continued to do my job and then some, but had trouble getting a raise. When I finally did{ after asking for 2 1/2 yrs} they gave me what new employees were getting. Just saying
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSJanuary 26, 2017
Its a ok job. I work there 4 years. Healthcaee services group offer no benefits. You work four to five hours, four days on and two days off. Its a bi weekly paying job and they start you off with $7.25.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Healthcare