HCTec Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Epic Service Help Desk/ System Analyst Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
It was very fun and productive working with a bunch of great people and they made me feel right at home, and they were willing to help and with anything didn't mind stepping in to help
Great company to work for
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 15, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed work for HCTEC and I have nothing negative to say about them. Management was very easy to work with and they gave all the necessary information needed to perform the job.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great team atmosphere
Cons
Love the people and working from home
Consultant/Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 21, 2016
there were a lot of enjoyable parts of my job
working from home if I had a Dr.'s appt I could go,come back and finish my work
Managrment was great easy to talk to and I looked foward to there calls
Can't even say how much you learn working with other hospitals

The worst thing about the job is everyone is working out of the same
wq and the first 2 days of the week you have plenty of work the last two days you are waiting on work.I would sign out.there is know way to keep you production level up if you don't keep up with this time
Pros
Work from home, learn a lot, and you get out of your confort zone
Cons
the work got low
Job Description
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 24, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my job. My co-workers and I work well as a team to make sure that we provide the best training for the professional. Communication between management and staff is amazing.
Outpatient Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for HcTec. My manager was easy going and my work schedule was very flexible.
I did ED with E/M coding and Ancillary Coding, Surgery.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no work
HCTec Review Summary
CPOE Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 18, 2016
HCTec provides HIT and HIM resources and solutions that fit your specific needs and produce measurable results. We focus on helping organizations like yours reduce costs, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce medical errors.
Nice Contractor to work for.
Desktop Technician IR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2015
Doctors and Nurses supported in a very satisfying atmosphere.Project was suppose to last for 3 months +. but ended after one month. Completed work ahead of schedule.
Pros
Great Knowkedgebase
Cons
Project over staffed.
productive
credentialed trainer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 10, 2014
would work for them again
paid on time
errors corrected timely
issues addressed appropriately
consultant rep always available
good work environment
Friendly and dedicated
Clinical Analyst Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 16, 2014
I enjoy working for HCTec. I do not go to HCTec at all as I travel to CHS hospitals on a weekly basis.
Excellent
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2014
This was a very good company to work for. I never had any real problems and anything that was a problem, I could call and they would fix it.
Multiple travel assignments with a great support system!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 25, 2012
Arrive at facilities daily, implementing new software by building, testing and training appropriate staff members. Learned alot about the HMS software and Meaningful Use. My co-workers where a great support and anything that was needed or out of order, HCTec resolved ASAP! A great company!
My position was 100% travel which I enjoyed very much.
Clinical Patient Care Analyst -Meaningful Use (Former Employee) –  Franklin TNJune 8, 2012
My job as a Contractor Patient Care Analyst was very enjoyable. I traveled 100% of the time to hospitals for the implementation of HMS Meaningful Use Clinical Documentation. This included training for Super-Users and End-Users, testing and validation of the system, building and supporting the HMS screens as necessary, supporting the Go-Live implementation process and maintaining the Project Plan and task completion. Throughout the process the management team was very supportive and available when needed for backup advice and support. The most challenging aspect of the job was adapting to constant travel, but oddly enough became one of the most enjoyable aspects of the job along with meeting so many wonderful people. It was always a joy to go to a new location, as I knew I would get the chance to meet other co-workers, some of whom I had not had the pleasure of meeting or working with. Each job brought with it a unique bonding experience with those I worked with. Another of the most enjoyable parts of the job was being able to see confidence slowly rise in the staff while working with the system. When first going into a hospital one would be exposed to a wide range of opinions and emotions of changing to a computerized system, ranging from pure panic to excitement. To go through the process with them and to see the positive outcomes and attitudes was very rewarding. Working with the executive staff of the hospital was very rewarding, although at times could be challenging. To complete a project and see them happy was worth it. The challenging areas, in my opinion, are the times  more... you learn the most and grow the most in your profession.  less
Pros
meeting so many wonderful people.
Cons
enjoy the travel, but sometimes when one is missing out on certain occasions at home it can be a challenge.