HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

fast moving enviroment with amazing people to push you to work your hardest.
picker/packer (Former Employee), Kent, WAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: people were really good at explain how to go about your task. daily meetings.
Cons: was only part time
typical day at work started at 2:oo pm, started with our meeting with our boss. got assigned our job tasked. grabbed our gear and went straight to work. our breaks were always the best we had ping pong tournaments got all our employees pumped to work. hardest part of the job is keeping a rate of 120 while picking orders.
Horrible
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), NorthlakeJuly 30, 2015
Pros: The pay isn't bad
Cons: Heavy workload, work/life balance sucks
This place is horrible to work for. You must stay for overtime and are expected to. There are never 8 hour days and if you leave after 8 hours they consider you leaving early. Severely understaffed and really overworked. You are told when it is ok to leave for the day. Tney talk to you like you are a child.I would recommend avoiding this place
Product Support
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Santee, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: job culture
Cons: opportunities to grow
A fairly fun place to work but being that its a call center, their is a high turn over rate. The pay is decent but hard to move past the call center unless you know the right people.
It's a Job
Warehouse Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAJuly 21, 2015
Well, its a normal job. I would recommend because they pay a little over minimum wage. I learned to communicate as a team member. Great starter job.
Great Company
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 15, 2015
Great company! I woud deffinetly work for this company in the future. Great effort and customer service attitudes. Team Based enviorment. Great learning place and enviorment.
management does what the want
Recieving Manager (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 11, 2015
never know when you are going home. come in at 9am and leave at midnight.production standards are set but they dont tell you how you meet them
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2015
One Phones from the time you get to work till you leave other then breaks helping customers with returns/ orders/ problems
Liars!
Driver (Former Employee), Depew, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Not being able to sleep at night due to physical and mental stress!
Great pay! Horrible leadership! Liars...broken promises of a 3rd driver that we desperately needed but never got!!! Understaffed to say the least!!!!
HD Supply
Project Management (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at HD Supply. They are very generous with free coffee, employee appreciation days, sprit and team building. Their benefits are good, except for the medical which sucks. All plans have a yearly $2500 deductible.
productive and effective working environment
warehouse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2015
Aside from the job scope itself, one factor that significantly influences how employees feel about work is the environment. By work environment, I mean everything that forms part of employees’ involvement with the work itself, such as the relationship with co-workers and supervisors, organizational culture, room for personal development, etc.

A positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.
Cashiering and customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Skills
Cons: Benefits, healthcare
Communicating is a skill used everyday. Whether its with a customer or your coworker and supervisors. No matter how i feel that day i'm always feeling energized and ready to take on anything put in my way.
Relaxed and balance work/life
Order Specialist (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 3, 2015
Very easy to keep a great work/life balance, only bad part is large corporation so harder to advance. Easy to get along with co-workers and managers. Such a good place to work there are several people who have been there 20+ years.
no advancement
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 30, 2015
Was forced to run a whole warehouse alone after being told that other employees would be hired no one was hired a year later.
Good People
e-Business Integration Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to work remotely on occasion
Cons: Lack of Management and Advancement opportunities
The people that work at HD Supply are wonderful. Management is a bit removed. I believe that opportunities for advancement are limited and job security isn't provided. There are no "perks" or incentive programs that help with productivity or motivation.
Growth
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2015
There was a lot growth with the company. Worked with my schedule as I went through college. Benefits were great. Just an overall great company.
Too much nepotism and favortism,highly stressful environment
Order Processor (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJune 25, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: stressful environment, and unsafe.
You punch,go to daily meeting where your told how badly you are doing.I've learned your opinions do not matter,shutting up and smiling is how you advance.Management does not care to advance you if they do not like you even if your skills and contributions are above average.The workers are diverse,friendly,some hard workers,most will do little as they can possibly get away with.The hardest part of the day is maneuvering inside the warehouse,unorganized and unsafe, ( safety hazard ).The best part of the day is lunch,breaks and clocking out.
Lots great products and service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: some outside sales people need help
Great location, great atmosphere to work in, lots of products to learn and know, great benefits, really good leadership
great opprutunity for long term career
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), norcross gaJune 18, 2015
Pros: cool manager
Cons: poor work conditions
I liked working here with my former supervisor. but there wasn't room for growth in the field I working.. plus the working condition was too hot to manage. but the plus was that my manager at the time was fun to work with..
Busy and satisfying work days.
Cashier (Current Employee), Ventura, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Competitive pay
Cons: Short shifts
The most enjoyable part of every work day is being able to assist customers and help them find what they are looking for. If there is a product they are looking for and we do not I love carry it, I love introducing them to alternative products that we do carry in our store and hearing back from them about how they felt about it.
Job sercurity and decent pay.
Lead Warehouse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: Benefits are terrible
Compensation is good but benefits need some reworking. The hours are great and so are most of my coworkers. It is a great stepping stone with much to teach. Toughest job I have ever had though.
Headquarters