HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

Great company. Low salary.
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 11, 2016
Great people just a very low salary and medical benefits are high deductibles. Management is great. Very helpful co-workers and manager.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low base
Great co workers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Enjoy the job, and my coworkers, but I am moving to Kingman, AZ, and looking for a new job as my company does not have a company in Kingman, only in Flagstaff.
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy working for the company. There are plenty of projects and initiatives to work on and there is never a dull moment. I have learned so the company and I am seeking new opportunities to learn and grow in a different environment.
Pros
Great atmosphere and work life balance
Cons
long drive from residence
Great Environment
Temp Sorter (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 30, 2016
A warehouse isn't necessarily the best place to work if one is looking for a challenging job. Although, depending on what part of the warehouse you are in, it may be physically challenging. It's not an overly exciting place and the environment is basically work, work, work. But I did enjoy the attitudes of the employees i worked with even though a lot of us were doing different jobs while still interacting with each other. Even though, in a warehouse, the work is fast paced and pretty much non-stop, there was a sort of laid back and relaxed hard working attitude where we, as employees could do work but also communicate in an open environment. The same can't necessarily be said sitting behind a desk.
workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work to me is doing your job right and getting everything done in time .
I have learned a lot working in different places like, working with others,handling money ,customer service, supervisor, cashier,stand up forklift , reach truck,cherry picker,doc truck,walkie (pallet jack).
The coworkers i have met and worked with were very kind to me and if i ever got lost in what i was doing they are always there to remind you what to do or supervisor .
The most enjoyable part of a job to me is getting everything right and perfect with no mistakes . and ofcourse the people that work with you make it easier too
A great company to work for
District manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 26, 2016
This is probably one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. Their management helps you when needed and lets you do your job. Compensation is geared towards the benefit of the employee, more so than most companies.
Cons
Management didn't have good communication or direction
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Management had very loose goals and little direction but the expectation was high.

Little teamwork and communication.
Pros
Close to home - flexible
Cons
Little communication with Direct Mgr - no teamwork
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I worked closely with the buyers and vendor to make sure parts were shipped in a timely matter. I worked real close with the vendors on the out of stocks items. My co-workers appreciated everything that I would do for them.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Too many meetings
Fun people to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 19, 2016
The work environment is excellent and my coworkers are fun to work with. I enjoy working for this company, brand new trucks. The hardest part of the job is that you have to load your own truck
Pros
you are your own boss when you leave the warehouse
Cons
loading your own truck
Good Market, Lots of Turmoil
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Recent turmoil due to relocation to Atlanta is causing all types of disruption. Lots of good, knowledgeable people will be leaving the company shortly.
Pros
Good end markets, fragmented competition
Cons
Poor benefits, deteriorating culture
Great until they went public
accounts payable (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Was once a great place to work with great people who seemed to be trying to work together to make a better work environment for everyone while also solving problems and making a profit. Once corporate came in and changed the structure of everything and relocated departments, the moral is so low and everyone is scared. I see more changes coming in the future that will only mean more layoffs. Corporate says they care about employees, but their actions show the opposite.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedules
Cons
Unstable work environment
Good People
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2016
This was a good job to take on at the time. People were good and work was steady. Job location relocated to Texas and was forced to find a local position.
Pros
People
Family environment Fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2016
I work at HD Supply in Orlando fl as a warehouse associate every job has its pros and cons and I have a few dealing with this job first the pros. It was a small company only 8 people working in my department so there was no feeling of being lost when at work you also had your weekends off . The supervision and management were also great everyone there were like family coworkers help when you need. Some cons the work was sometimes backbreaking with long hours 12pm to 11pm no time in the day for anything the pay was also very very low!! and the benefits were also bad overall not a good place to work am happy that I left that place doing something better only my god honest opinion.
Cons
I enjoy working in the Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 4, 2016
The warehouse is my main job function and I really enjoy receiving, inventorying, and storing merchandise in the warehouse.
Pros
Enjoyed work environment
Cons
not still with the company
Intense but fulfilling work
IT Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Workload is significant, but the company encourages associates to learn new skills and new technology. Change is constant, both in technology and leadership, with the next big thing on the horizon at all times. The ability for many jobs to work remote for some part of the week is a great perk. Health benefits are not up to par.
Pros
Culture of learning, personal improvement
Cons
Deadline driven with no break for steady state, constant change in management and process
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Awarded Indiana's Best Places to work. No complaints. Day begins at 630a until your route is complete which can range from 130p - 5pm depending on your designated routes customers orders for the day. Management incorporates your ideas if you have any. The environment was great between 9 drivers, lead driver & warehouse supervisor. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 5am. The most enjoyable is freedom when you're on the road delivering to your customers.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Lack of management from upper managers
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 19, 2015
The upper management did not support the managers/supervisors. The CSR's were rude to any of the managers/supervisors and upper management did nothing about it. Most of the CSR's walked around and did nothing or came late to work and if managers /supervisors tried talking to them they got offended and would say I'm taliking to upper management which at the end of the day you had no chance what so ever to defend yourself. Not a good environment/work place to work at.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Rude csr's, poor upper management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, NJDecember 17, 2015
For the most part i worked by myself but the times I had to work with others, they were good and easy to work with. The management was well run but the advancement in the job did not offer much. The pay could have also been higher.
last resort
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2015
no room for advancement and workforce doesn't seem to care about employee thoughts or suggestions. training very poor, daily workload sitting at a desk getting calls about how they repeatedly mess up shipments
Pros
not many had great coworkers and a very nice supervisor
Cons
the company is not very employee focused
Great cultural, but Management needs work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 7, 2015
The company really does care about the employees well being. However, Management needs work in sensitivity training, and basic human relations skills.
Benefits