HD Supply

HD Supply Employee Reviews

good place to work
Driver/Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 17, 2015
HD Supply afforded me leadership skills. They also helped me with learning different skills working with a computer. They were very safety oriented
Apple a day
Developer / QA Engineer (Current Employee), Elk Grove CAMay 11, 2015
Apple is as good as you would expect it to be. I sometimes miss it, I was very young at the time and didn't really know what I had. I had little experience in the work force and thought there were better opportunities out there. There probably are but Apple is definitely a great place to work.
Good Entry Level Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXMay 9, 2015
Performed clerical duties.
Learned to work with others to break up large tasks to finish them when needed.
Management was very nice and helpful.
Co-workers were very nice and helpful in assisting new employees with getting used to the demands of the position.
The hardest part of the position was the never ending mail.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the collections team reach their goals.
Not great.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 28, 2015
Some good. Some bad. No notice I was getting laid off. I was hired for full time and followed all the rules. A new POD system was implemented and it was decided my position did not have enough to do. It takes longer than two months to implement that kind of program.
Customer Service
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2015
Loved helping customers out with home improvements. I was customer service award winner, I was a department head in the plumbing department. Received multiple merit badges for all the hard work that it took to become a part of the team
Good Company with opportunities to grow when you are a full time, Solutions Engineering SIE Organization is a sweat shop
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and work Culture for employees, Numerous social events with Opportunity to mingle with colleagues, Great Japanese influence
Cons: Micro Management
I don't know about whole HDS but here is my experience of working as a consultant in Oracle Adapters, Solutions Engineering (SIE) Organization. The Oracle/SAP Adapters Organization is led by Sreenivasa Arasanagatta. Due to his technical inabilities and in-competencies in Oracle/SAP, there is a lot of politics and favoritism in the team. Here is my personal experience, I was there in the company/group for hardly 4 months and had to leave as I got mentally harassed the limit. When I left, I gave standard 2 weeks/10 days of notice. On the 8th day, they scheduled product based training for me to host to Support folks who were supporting the product/project I had developed. As soon as the training was imparted @sharp 5:00 PM, I was asked to let go even though I still had 2 days left for the notice period. Essentially, they were just waiting for me to impart the training. HDS is a great company but because of few people's behavior the rating of the whole company goes down. Sorry for my low rating to HDS.

Advice to Management:
Advice to existing employees/consultants:- Do not give standard 2 weeks notice, else your fate would be like mine.

Advice to new-comers as consultants:- Do thorough investigation and research before joining this company/organization. If joining Oracle Adapters/SIE, Be prepared to be exploited. Don't believe in false promises like Contract to Hire.
one of the best merchandising jobs I ever had
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Olympia, wa area'sApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good pay, nice stores, 40 hrs. per week
Cons: Very physically demanding, management very slow to praise.
I was the merchandiser at 5 Home depot stores working the Crown Bolt products. This is a very physical job, but I love my job. The store personal was great, I made several friends and they always said how much they really like having me in there stores.
HD supply management was ok.... they were real slow to give praise, but they were respectful of me when they were there. I was lucky to be with some one for 6 to 8 weeks before they leave you alone. The job with this company is very intense and you have to know the product you are ordering and throwing.
Great place
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 17, 2015
Awesome, Good company, fast paced,Good people.
Good future.Threre are alot of branches so you could transfer if you need to move .
Storage, Picker, Issue
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
Pros: fast phase
Cons: the working day started at 0930
The day would start by cleaning the warehouse of any trash from day before and than by pulling any same day delivery's that the driver drivers are waiting for, keep on picking items till it's time to go home.
Overall good place to wrok
Lead Associate (Current Employee), Solon, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere, management
Cons: Healthcare, hours
Overall very positive place to work. 401k match, full benefits, and vacation time. Management is very engaged and listens to new ideas and concerns alike.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Nashville TNApril 12, 2015
Very relaxed atmosphere to work, could use a little improvement on efficiency. Has some room for advancement if you are willing to relocate.
Rapidly Growing National Company
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Constant investment in improvements to locations and equipment. Pays well.
Cons: Work / Life balance
Busy, large National distribution company. Rapid growth, invests in locations, and equipment. Constant focus on improvement and cost containment. Long hours and rapid pace. Advancement opportunities are slim and a fair amount of favoritism and old boy network is still in place after mergers and acquisitions.
Life at HD Supply
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: treated like a number and not a person
Management does not treat associates like people, they treat them like toddlers. You must treat people like people and do not talk down to them on a daily basis. The associates are great to work with daily.
Average
Software QA Tester (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: unstable employment, no growth opportunities
Lots or Reorganizing taking place. Not sure what direction the QA department in headed. Several layoffs in QA. QA is small there are 5 people on the time. The work is not hard. Did not learn anything. 1 person in QA does not get alone with anyone and is rude and disrespectful. I do not recommend this company. The employees are not happy.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), City of IndustryMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun, Productive
Cons: Short shifts, No incentives
After we clock in we stretch as a group to reduce injury. We then get our tools such as our headset, harness and equipment. I learned how to be more effective when picking. How to palletize and be more productive. All of my co-workers are very competitive so its fun to see who comes out on top.
Water Works great place to work, Good people.
flatbed driver/ warehouse (Former Employee), Nashville, Tn / Miami, FlMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Water Works bonus, customers, lunches, rainy days, work schedule, lots of holidays off.
Cons: insurance
Depends on your location. I have work at 3 different branches and have met other drivers / workers from other branches in my area or state. I got my start at Water Works under ground utilities as a flatbed driver. In Nashville, Tn. Great branch, great Managment and I can say the same for the other Branches in my area of Tn and southern Ky. Summer time is the busy time of year, from November to March things are kinda slow due to weather and business just slowing down due to end of year. Which was a good thing. You still work 40 hr week. Customers getting ready for the holidays so everyone was in a good mood. Our regular customers was always buying lunch. Rainy days things was slow so we take it easy on those days. Constructions sites wet and muddy crews cant get in to work. Those days was house keeping days in the warehouse or cycle counts( inventory).

Speed ahead. I transferred to South Florida to HD Water works Irrigation. Same company different product. Im the new guy. First day on the job I was told to watch my back, you have no friends here, only person you can trust is yourself. Im thinking OMG!!!!!! There was an unofficial meeting that took place every morining with the employees to talk about how bad the Branch Mgr was and how bad things was at the branch. Every single morning... As the new guy you don't know what to believe. Maybe someone just mad at Management this week. Im not the type of person to follow the crowd. Because you have a problem with someone doesn't mean im supposed to have a problem with that person. You have to prove to me that you are a – more... bad person. With that sad I would listen in on this meeting every morning thinking no way, this can not be the case. As the months went on i started to see eveything that the employees talked about unfold. Slowly but surely. This Branch Mgr treated his employees with very little respect if any at all. There was 2 Mgrs, at this branch. Operations Mgr. Which this guy ran the show, top to bottom very professional. The other one as he liked to call the employees. Branch Mgr. Had no responsibility, Ops Mgr. Did it all. So most days Branch mgr. set in his office filing his nails, or after lunch you could watch him nodding in his chair with his head back. Behavior I never saw a branch mgr. Do at any other HD operation. They didnt have the time. One thing I know for sure, the employees didn't necessarily care for each other, their co- workers. But one thing they all could come together on was how much they hated the Branch Mgr. This guy was a virus to the branch.

I wouldnt recommend irrigation south fl. Its the bad apple in the bunch.

HD as a company great place, great people, the customer relationships you will develop. Im a 1000mi from Middle Tn. But I still keep in touch with some of my customers, my customers . And i ment to type customers twice. Still keep in touch with old Branch Mgr. And our Regional Mgr. Thats how cool the people are. – less
Great place to work no room for advancement
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Blountville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: self paced work
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to work no room for advancement, no overtime, no training, learned on my own all about the water industries. hardest part is working outside in the cold and snow.
NOT a FAN
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2015
This may be a perfect job for some, but was exactly the opposite for me. I did not enjoy the long hours or the type of work I was asked to perform. there was Very little time for family and life.
Don't work here if you're looking to advance!!!!
Warehouse Associatie (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 20, 2015
Management keeps certain people from advancing. Plus they are new employees making more $ than you!! Most of the co- workers are nice.
productive fast past
order puller (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches once in a while
Cons: long work hours
A typical work day consist of me pulling orders to be delivered in a timely manner using a hand held electronical device as well as a electric pallet jack. What i have learned from this company is how to run an electric pallet jack as well as the high pick machine. Honestly the hardest part of this job is the hours, I don't mind working long hours it is just i don't get home untill late when my kids are already in bed.

1 2 3 4 5

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more

HD Supply Salaries