HD Supply Employee Reviews

productive and energizing workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 29, 2016
a fun place to work,if you have grown kids,or kids of no school age.
midday shifts,so your entire day is at work.
Off holidays and vacation paid available.GREAT THING.
Company value there employees enough to have family gathers thur the company. I learned a need trade in order processing.
Pros
family gathers, company games and prizes for the entire family
Cons
short breaks, mid shifts- no day or nights but both.
There was lots of hours management worked. If the general manager is not good and understanding of family balance you will work more than needed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Company was very large and sometimes the salary did not fit the job you were responsible for. There were lots of employees that did not fit what was needed, but the salary we offered was all we could get.
Great organization!
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2016
HD Supply is a great place to work. There are several facets in the organization, allowing for advancement and growth in many directions. The managers at HD Supply have a sense of entitlement and have more of a closed door mentality than open door.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
managers
Contractors who care about employees
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
There was a want to continue thriving in an atmosphere that was meant to propel you to the next level and help advance you in all walks of life.
sipmle straight forward place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2016
Simple job though physically demanding at times. Co-workers and manager were great. Summer months were very busy dealing with the heat made it difficult at times.
Pros
Occasionally we would be provided food, easy work enviroment
Cons
Always about hitting numbers
Great Environment to work
Sales Tax Compliance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Good company, employees are friendly to one another, good work environment. Typically everyone have their cubicles, the managers have their offices. There is a common lunch area.
Pros
Great Environment and management
Decent place to work if you dont mind the politics
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Everybody wants to be the "lead guy" and managers play favorites. Outside of that the company is an amazing job. Direction can lack at times but its expected you find appropriate work.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2016
Poor management, seriously high turn over in the department. Unrealistic expectations. Work isn't hard, just no structure and no resolution to on going problems. Nothing ever seems to get resolved.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes.
Cons
sometime no breaks and unfair working conditions.
Would not take the job if I had to do it over again
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 29, 2016
Most co-workers were ok. No sense of professionalism in the building. Joking with each other was the most important part of the day. New member of management was hired and this person did not know how to work the computer system. Would not answer phone and help anyone, would just put on hold and transfer to the counter. Attitude was horrible.
Pros
Salary
Poor Control over Managment
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTOctober 28, 2016
In my years of working for HD Supply, management was always an issue. From the corporate level they do not monitor their Branch & District Management very close. I had caught my branch manager changing commission codes on my sales tickets, when i turned him into HR they turned it over to the District manager. District Manager pushed everything under the rug and nothing happened. Once caught changing codes he found other ways to mess with my pay. This company is all about Corporate!
Pros
Might get a Free Hat or Shirt!
Cons
Corporate Greed
Order Processor/Production Coordinator
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 27, 2016
Created work order for installation of carpet ,tile, and wood
Copied and Scanned work orders and diagrams
Answered incoming calls from designers, installers, and field managers
Entered work orders into an excel spreadsheet for the warranty department
Filed paperwork for houses that have been completed
Not a good place
Sales Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2016
Most people didn't like their job. Some managers were good while others were high pressure. Coworkers were nice. Culture was off a little. I prob wouldn't recommend. Maybe things have changed since I left.
HD Supply
Personalized Customer Care Associate II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
Love my coworkers but health benefits are awful. Provide little pay but requires a large work load. Management varies. I had one manager when I started who did not know anything even after a year being there at the job and moved up in the company. But there are a few great supervisors that can lead very well and care.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
health benefits, low pay on depending jobs
Revolving Door
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2016
Run fast and don't look back. Management has no alignment strategy and is constantly restructuring. Employees are stressed out and given empty promises that conditions will improve but they do not. Training of new employees is minimal and you are expected to Sink or swim. They do not allow remote work and office presence- time in your seat- is valued more than results.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
No remote work, high stress, no clear vision from management
Productive place to work.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoSeptember 26, 2016
When you work in an IT department, the typical day is not knowing what to expect so you must be prepared for anything. In addition to addressing any immediate issues, you then perform your daily routine. I was the business analyst specializing in EDI so I worked closing with the branch operations, vendors, AP associates, accountants and developers. I learned a lots about how each of these groups work and how important it is for the there to be accurate interchange of data for all. Over the years I also learned how to prioritize the project. As an example, work on your smaller projects while taking a break away from the larger ones. It not only clears your brain, but gets all the projects completed in a timely fashion.

Both the management and co-workers are focused on being the best in the business. All are highly professional as well as friendly and relaxed The admin office I was in has an in house gym and a great bbq pit.

I don' really know what was the hardest part of my job. I just know that it is most enjoyable when you see your project completed and loaded in the system.
Pros
zumba classes affer work, monthly office lunches
Cons
work space layout is uncomfortable
Inside sales
Inside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 23, 2016
Answered all sales calls as required, created solutions for late material on orders, summarized due dates for supplies on a weekly report.
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 12, 2016
management is good to work with. management is very professional, in a routine day everything is set up easy to follow and good routes
Pros
flexibles
Not a bad job
Driver/Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 12, 2016
I loved the work but they are not as safety oriented as they let on.Sometimes way too many things were slipped under the rug. stand on a pallet to be lifted in the air.
Pros
Usually you were scheduled to be home at 4pm everyday.
Cons
no breaks no safety and way too many chiefs.
Fun work,have gym for the worker to work out in
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Responsibilities included loading and unloading truck and delivering merchandise to the customers and return all merchandise that not delivery back to the warehouse.
Pros
we free lunch when have on injury for 30 days
Cons
no breaks
HD Supply is a satisfactory place to work.
Front End Supervisor/Cash Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
HD Supply has a lot of turnover, especially in the management and higher positions. This in turn the staff has to readjust to another managers way of running their individual stores.
Pros
My Front End Manager
Cons
Confidential communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.