HD Supply

HD Supply United States Employee Reviews

Storage, Picker, Issue
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2015
Pros: fast phase
Cons: the working day started at 0930
The day would start by cleaning the warehouse of any trash from day before and than by pulling any same day delivery's that the driver drivers are waiting for, keep on picking items till it's time to go home.
Overall good place to wrok
Lead Associate (Current Employee), Solon, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Positive atmosphere, management
Cons: Healthcare, hours
Overall very positive place to work. 401k match, full benefits, and vacation time. Management is very engaged and listens to new ideas and concerns alike.
Laid Back Atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Nashville TNApril 12, 2015
Very relaxed atmosphere to work, could use a little improvement on efficiency. Has some room for advancement if you are willing to relocate.
Rapidly Growing National Company
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Constant investment in improvements to locations and equipment. Pays well.
Cons: Work / Life balance
Busy, large National distribution company. Rapid growth, invests in locations, and equipment. Constant focus on improvement and cost containment. Long hours and rapid pace. Advancement opportunities are slim and a fair amount of favoritism and old boy network is still in place after mergers and acquisitions.
Life at HD Supply
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: treated like a number and not a person
Management does not treat associates like people, they treat them like toddlers. You must treat people like people and do not talk down to them on a daily basis. The associates are great to work with daily.
Average
Software QA Tester (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: unstable employment, no growth opportunities
Lots or Reorganizing taking place. Not sure what direction the QA department in headed. Several layoffs in QA. QA is small there are 5 people on the time. The work is not hard. Did not learn anything. 1 person in QA does not get alone with anyone and is rude and disrespectful. I do not recommend this company. The employees are not happy.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), City of IndustryMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun, Productive
Cons: Short shifts, No incentives
After we clock in we stretch as a group to reduce injury. We then get our tools such as our headset, harness and equipment. I learned how to be more effective when picking. How to palletize and be more productive. All of my co-workers are very competitive so its fun to see who comes out on top.
Water Works great place to work, Good people.
flatbed driver/ warehouse (Former Employee), Nashville, Tn / Miami, FlMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Water Works bonus, customers, lunches, rainy days, work schedule, lots of holidays off.
Cons: insurance
Depends on your location. I have work at 3 different branches and have met other drivers / workers from other branches in my area or state. I got my start at Water Works under ground utilities as a flatbed driver. In Nashville, Tn. Great branch, great Managment and I can say the same for the other Branches in my area of Tn and southern Ky. Summer time is the busy time of year, from November to March things are kinda slow due to weather and business just slowing down due to end of year. Which was a good thing. You still work 40 hr week. Customers getting ready for the holidays so everyone was in a good mood. Our regular customers was always buying lunch. Rainy days things was slow so we take it easy on those days. Constructions sites wet and muddy crews cant get in to work. Those days was house keeping days in the warehouse or cycle counts( inventory).

Speed ahead. I transferred to South Florida to HD Water works Irrigation. Same company different product. Im the new guy. First day on the job I was told to watch my back, you have no friends here, only person you can trust is yourself. Im thinking OMG!!!!!! There was an unofficial meeting that took place every morining with the employees to talk about how bad the Branch Mgr was and how bad things was at the branch. Every single morning... As the new guy you don't know what to believe. Maybe someone just mad at Management this week. Im not the type of person to follow the crowd. Because you have a problem with someone doesn't mean im supposed to have a problem with that person. You have to prove to me that you are a – more... bad person. With that sad I would listen in on this meeting every morning thinking no way, this can not be the case. As the months went on i started to see eveything that the employees talked about unfold. Slowly but surely. This Branch Mgr treated his employees with very little respect if any at all. There was 2 Mgrs, at this branch. Operations Mgr. Which this guy ran the show, top to bottom very professional. The other one as he liked to call the employees. Branch Mgr. Had no responsibility, Ops Mgr. Did it all. So most days Branch mgr. set in his office filing his nails, or after lunch you could watch him nodding in his chair with his head back. Behavior I never saw a branch mgr. Do at any other HD operation. They didnt have the time. One thing I know for sure, the employees didn't necessarily care for each other, their co- workers. But one thing they all could come together on was how much they hated the Branch Mgr. This guy was a virus to the branch.

I wouldnt recommend irrigation south fl. Its the bad apple in the bunch.

HD as a company great place, great people, the customer relationships you will develop. Im a 1000mi from Middle Tn. But I still keep in touch with some of my customers, my customers . And i ment to type customers twice. Still keep in touch with old Branch Mgr. And our Regional Mgr. Thats how cool the people are. – less
Great place to work no room for advancement
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Blountville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: self paced work
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to work no room for advancement, no overtime, no training, learned on my own all about the water industries. hardest part is working outside in the cold and snow.
NOT a FAN
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2015
This may be a perfect job for some, but was exactly the opposite for me. I did not enjoy the long hours or the type of work I was asked to perform. there was Very little time for family and life.
Don't work here if you're looking to advance!!!!
Warehouse Associatie (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 20, 2015
Management keeps certain people from advancing. Plus they are new employees making more $ than you!! Most of the co- workers are nice.
productive fast past
order puller (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches once in a while
Cons: long work hours
A typical work day consist of me pulling orders to be delivered in a timely manner using a hand held electronical device as well as a electric pallet jack. What i have learned from this company is how to run an electric pallet jack as well as the high pick machine. Honestly the hardest part of this job is the hours, I don't mind working long hours it is just i don't get home untill late when my kids are already in bed.
Fun atmosphere
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), OKMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for, not much room for advancement but it is easy work and provides a stable income. Great entry level learning company.
We worked hard and played too
Senior Portfolio Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: benefits
There was never a dull day at HD Supply. You were either working on a project, seeking out a project or traveling to bid on a project. I learned so much from this company. This is where I learned how to do procurement and project management. I managed and supported the whole Southwest region including Las Vegas, and Hawaii. I think the hardest part was getting all of the sales reps on board on how the process was on bidding a project with me. I was the main contact. Once everyone was on the same page we were out there in field bidding and sealing deals all over my territory. I exceeded plan year over year.
Good job
Receiving (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, workout area, coworkers, food, hours
Cons: outdated systems, substandard wages
Transfered from Home Depot to Usa bluebook in receiving department. Process was out dated, management were fair, loved all of my co workers. Company did a lot of cool things and were family oriented. Got fired cuz I had two full time jobs and was late a few times. Overall was the best warehouse job I ever had and would go back if I could.
different exciting work place
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Burlington, NJMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no heat or ac
A Regular day at HD. well there is no such thing as a regular day. there s always something that pops up. Everyday at h d is alays remembered.
When open a great place to do bussiness
Technical Service Rep/ Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: None left
Cons: everything they are now
They squandered a large deal of people and careers when they made the decision to sale to a billion dollar conglomerant that would rather put thousands out of work for an arrogant business decision.
Slow, Boring job
Greeter (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: easy job tasks
Cons: slow long days, short breaks, rude employees
i did not enjoy working for this company because all of the employees were very rude and much more concerned with drama and gossip rather than doing their actual work
Productive and Always on the job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXFebruary 27, 2015
HD supply was a great place to work. My typical day was coming in Monday - Friday, loading our own trucks by manifest, and deliver products to national accounts in a timely manner.
OVER WORK & UNDER PAY
Warehouse associate II (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Too many problems, learn nothing new just problems. Managers and leads were so lazy, they didn't train new employees well. When you see the problem and report to them they just ignore or just say something to make you go away. No communication with employees. Most of the people worked there just lazy & careless. Just try to solve the problems while you go in your day.

1 2 3 4 5

About HD Supply

HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services – Read more

HD Supply Salaries