HD Supply Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work for, creative opportunities
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 19, 2016
I was treated fairly, unfortunately my job was eliminated.
Recieved excellent reviews, merit increases and bonuses.
productive and good management
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 19, 2016
very good company to work for. good structure and very good work and life balance. it's good for someone who needs work and life balance, but not good for someone who look for career advancement
Very unsafe place to work.
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
Some of the issues I brought to there attention about safety and the cared about the dollar more than than the employees safety !!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Safety
Not the best company
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 15, 2016
Working here for 8 months and I have no positives. The only thing uplifting about this job is the people whom you work with. The managers are all up-tight and really have no regard or care for their employees. While Working in the pick mod for 8 months 4 people quit and 3 were fired. Not to mention our district manager quit, or hr manager quit and so did another area manager. I feel like this Job is ok. The hours are way to hard especially on a young mother with a 2 year old , which mangers don't care about. The company point system is ridiculous. I feel like any bad manger can take a great staff and make everyone want to quit. If you enjoy working from 10am-10pm under mangers who just sit around and watch you work, then this job is for you
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment, bad hours
Productive and fun place to work at....and it does have a ping pong table
Senior Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 14, 2016
Working with HD Supply has given me the opportunity to utilize my administrative skills. On a daily basis 85% of my work is done through my emails. We are currently working on the SAP system, I have now 5 years experience on this system. I guess you can say I set up the contract for the installers to installs, wood, carpet, vinyl, backsplash, & wall tile in to new homes that have been built. When I first got here we went through 6 supervisors only to have them leave. The supervisor I have now is great, he not one to micro manage. He give you your space and allows you to do your work accordingly.
Pros
We have a lot of bondings for our company
Cons
No bonuses
great place to work
CNC Designer (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 13, 2016
was a pleasant place to work, management was very thoughtful to employees needs. Would recommend anyone to apply here. Clean facility
Never a Dull Moment
OP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2016
There was always something going on on when I worked here. There was a lot of side activities going on that were fun.
HD Supply
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work!! Good company and even better people. They look out for the employees and give you all the tools needed to excel.
As a forklift driver you spent a lot of time in the sun.
FORK LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 7, 2016
This was actually a fun place to work at when I was employed there, lots of friendly employees and and the job was not difficult if you were comfortable loading things into customers cars/trucks with a forklift. Ive since been back as a customer and the vibe is different now.
Pros
Fun machinery and time to yourself.
Cons
Gets really hot and cooling down is very difficult.
No appreciation for new and good drivers....
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 28, 2016
I was hired to get 1 of 4 routes available. Once I started they took me off of the route that I had then told me that I was going to do a Virginia route. I became a cover driver which did not sit well with me, but being a team player I did that for a month. I still never was given my own route and continued to be thrown on different routes. I did my Job well and HD did not care as long as a body was on a route all was good..... DO NOT SETTLE FOR THEIR BULL!!!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long driving, management and Lying!

Want to know more about HD Supply?

Ask a question
Great team of employees...
Field Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2016
Long fast passed days.I learned many needs and products multi family facilities use to operate. Management is helpful but lots of chiefs, not always clear who you need to go to for help. Co-workers were fantastic. Very helpful from outside sales along with the fantastic sales support team. Hardest part of the job is the many departments and wide range product line. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom and most of the customers... some customers you will never make happy.
Pros
People and education offered
Cons
lots of corporate hoops to jump through.
Horrible place to work
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2016
I worked at HD Supply in St. Louis Mo. The actual work was easy and could be fun, but the G.M.. was only interested in the shipping dept, and actively disrespected the recieving department. Would have us go and help pull orders for sghipping letting our own work back up and then tell us we had to stay late to get our stuff done. if we were able to get done on time an were gettiing ready to leave for the day, he would stop us and tell us we had to go pull orders so that "shipping could get out at a reasonable time". We were told that everyone would be accountable for what they did, but recieving always had to come behind shipping and clean up their trash messes. I walked out one morning when I was told to clean up after shipping, and if I didnt like it I could leave. So I left. Write ups were and everyday thing in recieving
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime and disrespect.
beautiful location
Customer Service/ Route Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
I learned how to manage a route and open accounts with new customers which later generated more sales in the future for the company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Safety Hazards
Very Time sensitive
Lead of Manufacturing Operations (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 7, 2016
Very fast paced, time sensitive, lots of emails, a lot of employees to control and train and coach but overall it's ok. Management is pretty cool.
okay
checker/selector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2016
this job consists of hands on things as In learning about yourself and the others around you and trying to be a better worker at the same time
At par
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2016
The company is at par with most small to mid-size company in terms of quality of leadership, quality of work / life balance, compensation, etc.
I enjoyed being a Regional HR Manager
SE Regional HR Director (Former Employee) –  SE Region, Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2016
Working with 20 different warehouse facilities, and hundreds of Drivers and Outside Sales people was very rewarding. The successful merger of Hughes Supply with HD Supply was due to caring leaders. I visited my facilities and others to solve employee relations and other problems and educate new team members about their new company. Stretching associates for their day and training them simultaneously on performance management or benefits programs and was a big hit.
Overall a Good Experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 13, 2016
HD Supply was a good place to work. There were long days and short days, it evens itself out in the end. If you enjoy working hard and want to feel like your part of a team. This place is for you.

The warehouse team has been together for countless years which speaks volumes of the management in place over them.

The Area manager really cares about his employees and there are always free lunches or cookouts to keep everyone having a good time.

Transportation is in the midst of some changes and always seems to have the most turnover.
Pros
Free Lunch from time to time, ability to use PTO for year prior to earning it
Cons
Healthcare
Great company minus customer service management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
The employees are great but management is horrible with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 managers. Gossiping and bullying comes from the management team who talk down to the reps. If you apply shy away from customer service and go to another department with level headed individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Friendships override experience when trying to advance
Great work environment
Logistics Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgaiMay 9, 2016
Enjoy working with this company! Peaceful work environment, job location is convenient as well. Friendly work environment. A typical work day may include answering emails, phone calls, working reports, and processing invoices!