HD Supply Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2017
Typical days at work weren't hard at all, i learn to manage many things at once, management was never bad they work with you as best as they could. very diverse experience
fellow empleyee are great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 15, 2017
its an alright place to work. Management is kind of hit or miss. not very much follow up with any problems or issues you may have. depending on what department you work in hours can vary between 8 and over 10 hours per day.
Pros
depending on department hours are great
Cons
10+ hour work days depending on department
Great Supervisors and managers and stability
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESNTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 13, 2017
Very great company. Typical Monday through Friday work weeks. Weekends off. Co-workers and managers very friendly and helpful. It's a very welcoming business to work for. Paid training and benefits. As a customer service rep, it's very fast passed and very busy. Calls back to back.
Pros
weekends off, pot lucks, events and activities, involved in community
Cons
healthcare not great but there, calls are constant
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2017
I have met a lot of great people in this company and I gained a lot of great experience. The company is very resourceful and the customers are fantastic!
The Ultimate company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2017
I came from another employer when I hired on at HD supply and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I learned so much about shipping and receiving and working with third party shippers. This job made me push myself to the ultimate goals that I wanted to achieve. Best company ever!
Great company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAFebruary 26, 2017
This is a GREAT company, where you can move up. People are friendly!! Good training and leads and managers are available to help.
Pros
Annual company gatherings! Bonus!
favortism to the fullest
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJanuary 2, 2017
only promote people they like and don't offer any full time unless you're friends with a manager and they never stick to your schedule needs.
Great people, relaxed job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 22, 2016
I got two weeks of training in a classroom before being brought onto the floor, then I had another week where I was given assistance whenever I needed it with complex calls. My average day was simple, I got 2 paid breaks and a lunch break, I got to sit down all day, and I had my own personal work station. My manager was great and really accommodating, the work wasn't too difficult and I had help when I needed it, I can't recommend this job more. It's definitely the best job I've ever worked at. The only thing I could complain about was that you aren't able to use any sick, vacation, or paid time off until your 3 month period, though you were accumulating sick time during that month. However, we did get one free day off we could use whenever we wanted, and lots of paid holidays off, including weekends off.
Pros
Paid holidays, weekends off, good management, helpful coworkers, easy work
Cons
Lack of sick and vacation time, work can become dull
decent
Insdied Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 10, 2016
decent great co-workers
busy days with customers
previous position prior to sales I learned how to create and develop a department and creating product experts
beautiful location
Customer Service/ Route Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
I learned how to manage a route and open accounts with new customers which later generated more sales in the future for the company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Safety Hazards
Great company minus customer service management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
The employees are great but management is horrible with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 managers. Gossiping and bullying comes from the management team who talk down to the reps. If you apply shy away from customer service and go to another department with level headed individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Friendships override experience when trying to advance
last resort
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2015
no room for advancement and workforce doesn't seem to care about employee thoughts or suggestions. training very poor, daily workload sitting at a desk getting calls about how they repeatedly mess up shipments
Pros
not many had great coworkers and a very nice supervisor
Cons
the company is not very employee focused
Great cultural, but Management needs work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 7, 2015
The company really does care about the employees well being. However, Management needs work in sensitivity training, and basic human relations skills.
Benefits
Love it here
CSR II Government Services (Current Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 15, 2015
The company is amazing. I would recommend anyone to apply here. They treat everyone like family and really look out for their employees
fun and active part time job
Stocker/customer service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 22, 2015
A good part time job with young employees such as myself. The leadership is good there as well. Most enjoyable part the friendship developed with my co workers.
Successful company , lots of room for growth for employee
Customer Service/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day was very busy, which I enjoyed. I was able to learn Oracle system and SAP, which was very helpful as these are very popular programs. Management made training and learning new information available at all times. Co-workers stayed pretty busy also, but in my department they were there to help you if you needed it. Hardest part of the job was offering specials every month, the customers were not in favor of having this offered to them at the end of a call. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and getting satisfaction that I resolved an issue for a customer and they were happy.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slowed down around holidays
Big sales goals for a slow store
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 2, 2015
I liked Dillard's for the pay. However you couldn't pay me to work for them again. They are slave drivers and defiantly give you a run for their money. They always had unrealistic sales goals and there was very little room for advancement in the company, it was pretty much run on favoritism and backstabbing. The only benefits they had was their healthcare and their merchandise. Even the employee discount was a joke.
Pros
healthcare, merchadise
Cons
long hours, unpredictable hours, unrealistic sales goals
Answering all inbound calls ,Speaking with the Customer Service Reps at the Corporate office about a error that was made and trying to rectify it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 30, 2015
First work on emails,corporate and customer calls,pick orders,cycle counts,credits, faxing,filing,coping,typing,picking,organizing,multitasking.
Pros
Interacting with the Customers, Sales Reps, Corporate, the drivers and my co-workers.
Cons
picking up very heavy items by yourself...
do not work here !!!!
Customer Service/Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 24, 2015
Please do not make the mistake of working here!!!! I wouldn't let me give 1 star the hours are ok but good luck trying to get a new shift !!
Pros
free gym
Cons
healthcare, management, eveything!!!
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2015
One Phones from the time you get to work till you leave other then breaks helping customers with returns/ orders/ problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.