HD Supply Employee Reviews

Good place to work except hours aren't good when you are in school.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 21, 2017
I would've liked to continue to work here, but I had a lot to do to catch up for school, but now I am good. It has a good pay and the managers are pretty cool.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad hours
very productive
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 16, 2017
company is very productive and very busy, always sending employees to better themselves, always learning and busy at all times, employees are fun to work with and easy to get along with
Pros
bonus every 3 months
Cons
too many employees
Don't work here, High turnover
STO associate (Current Employee) –  Industry, CA 91789June 16, 2017
This company prides itself on its core values but doesnt practice them. Management is a joke,Regional HR is young and dumb,and inexperienced. Very high turnover, company doesn't care about their employees, WMS is old school from the 80"s company is unorganized. Management stays in their office and doesn't know what's going on , their leads are friends of theirs and cover for one another
Pros
They like to feed employees during peak season
Cons
Everything about their management
wonderful contract
A/R Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 14, 2017
Enjoyed contract position for three months. Closed their books and helped collections. People friendly, controller helpful as well. No issues. Location easy to drive to.
Good place to get started
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2017
Worked in shipping and receiving. Worked also as an order picker in the warehouse. Good people. Long hours. I enjoyed ii..............................
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Strenuous, low pay
good benefits but it will cost you
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 12, 2017
The workers that work hard get no appreciation and the ones who suck up to the managers are the ones who get praised which sucks. You can easily move up by being a suck up. if you are a brown nose this is the job for you. Management never know what is going on and the way everything runs is really messed up. I worked here for years and couldn't take it anymore. A typical day would be work right away after stretches and if you are a favorite well you don't really have to pull the numbers. You will get the easiest job they have.
Pros
Good benefits and pay is okay
Cons
can never move up because of favoritism.
Sucked
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJune 9, 2017
They will slave and tire you out and have one care in the world, promised many things such as extra driver n warehouse help. Instead hired one person and he essentially was just a driver. I can go on forever but I won't
relax
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 8, 2017
not very much stress
good team work
okay pay for sitting 8-10 hrs a day
good schedule
chances of growing with company
have a school program
might be able to work with schedule if going to school
It is a very hostile working environment with management.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2017
A typical work day is made stressful by the interactions with management and quality control. The focus is on the production and movement of project, but the company does not take into consideration their lack of resources.

The environment is micro-managed without employee support from HR. There is little to no discipline for the behavior of management. There is no clear opportunities for advancement nor movement outside of current operations.
Official response from HD Supply
July 18, 2017

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are committed to ensuring our associates work in an environment of mutual respect free from hostility, with leaders who help them grow professionally. We will be sure to share this feedback with management in Atlanta. We have an open door policy at HD Supply. Had you still been with us, we would have encouraged you to discuss these concerns with your HR partner or an HR senior leader so they could work to resolve your issues. We wish you the best in the next step of your career.

Route Driver
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 5, 2017
Working at H>D was a great place to work. Being a route driver is like Being your own boss. As Long as you make timely delivery you will have no issue. And we where free to make up own route. As long as we made timely delivery and also avoided traffic
Pros
Your Free to make your oun route
Cons
traffic
Great Company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
HD Supply Fire Protection is a great company to work for. High paced atmosphere.Good people to work with. Great job to get into, fulfilling fire protection orders.
Ok job to have for a short period of time
Inventory Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2017
Good place for a first job. Culture is a little tense, not enough incentives for workers to perform at their best. The place overall is ok but it's not a place to be if your thinking permanent.
Pros
Good place to boost your warehouse IQ
Cons
Not a welcoming enviornment
NO Advancement
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 29, 2017
During a day to day work experience it was unfair because some individuals were treated differently then most. with that being said the work did not match what people were getting paid,
Pros
schedule
Cons
wages and advancement
Warehouse
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 25, 2017
Work 6 days a week Mandatory. Hours are all over the place you are usually told day of work you will be working up to 11 hours and when you don't volunteer they make you feel like your not helping out the team. Repetitive daily job if your into that kind of work. Not a lot of room for advancement if you want to move up in the company. No S.O.P so everyone has there own way of doing things no structure
Pros
Catered lunch throughout the week during busy seasons.
Cons
Long hours, all day standing, very hot in summer, very cold in winter
some good coworks
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed my employees but my manager wasn't very helpful when I needed help. The place is a more of who you know and hang out with than what you know.
Pros
discount on material
Cons
not rewarded for your great work
Big company with many opportunities
National Account Manager Military Hospitality (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
Big company with many opportunities. Great internal partners. Challenges is making any new changes. Many employees have been there for over 12+ years.
Pros
Big company with many opportunities
Cons
Big company hard for any new changes
Wonderful Work Place
Sr. Credit & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 18, 2017
HD SupplyWaterworks acquired Hughes Supply

Wonderful work atmosphere and co-workers.

Couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Had a wonderful supervisor and co-workers.
Difficult Place To Work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 17, 2017
Good Co-Workers To Work With (If All Workers Come In To Work That Is). Management & Supervisors Are Somewhat Needy & Don't Usually Lend A Hand To Help At Times.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, high ratio of employees not staying long at company
fellow empleyee are great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 15, 2017
its an alright place to work. Management is kind of hit or miss. not very much follow up with any problems or issues you may have. depending on what department you work in hours can vary between 8 and over 10 hours per day.
Pros
depending on department hours are great
Cons
10+ hour work days depending on department
Productive fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 3, 2017
HD Supply is a fast pace workplace, hours were good 9-6, good work environment, great moral, pay was a low (8 yrs ago), but I enjoyed working there...
Pros
Hr lunch!
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.