HD Supply Employee Reviews

job securaty
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 3, 2015
great place to work, family oriented. room for advancement. good benefits. they provide you with ongoing education, and overall you get out of it what you put in.
hard worker, never late, don't miss work
Lead Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound TXOctober 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.

P
Customer Solutions
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 30, 2015
receive call from employee's reps that needed assistant with upset customer, as well assist new employees with questions about company policies, order detail.
Pros
Flexabilty
Cons
State I live in IL
Very Steady And Often Busy Workplace
Truck Driver, Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 24, 2015
At beginning and throughout day, pull and ready material for shipment. Load flatbed truck and secure according to company policy. Deliver material to customer location, jobsite, or stop along route, and unload with truck mounted forklift as needed.
Pros
Always much to learn...New areas, jobsites, customers, etc.
Core Credit
Core Credit Rep Accounting (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Phones accounting manageing 5-12 million dollar accounts. releaseing orders check reseach if it is not posted correctly
Health Conscience and Friendly Environment
Indirect Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working in this company. Coming to work was fun. My coworkers were great team players. I felt like Management had my back by offering all kinds of Health benefits and Stay Healthy incentives.
Pros
Stay Healthy Incentives
Cons
Laid Off
Day at Work
Core Credit Rep Accounting (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Get to work at 7am and start on the rotary phone. I take calls , work reports aging, my aging is under 7.3% monthly. I manage over 12-15 million dollar accounts daily and deliver excellent customer service to many personalities over the phones.
Pros
good benefits, Flexible schedule, close to school
Cons
No challenge, supervisors do not give raises and build you up and then tear you down
Was Better 8 Years Ago
Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
This company was a dream job for me in 2007 when I attained employment. As years have progressed management has changed often and drastically resulting in a shell of the company I began working for. This job has evolved into a mandatory overtime job (between 7-10 hours weekly) leaving little to no time for family life. Benefits have changed over the years so now they are worse than when I started. I work in a (Line Haul) part of the market and have been passed over for a job change/advancement with this company twice so there is no promotional prospect with this company. The biggest benefit of the job is the pay scale and weekends free.
Pros
weekends off, paid overtime, vacation and personal time, good pay
Cons
poor management, lots of overtime required, benefits could be better
Great Perks
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 12, 2015
Air conditioned facility with pool table, basketball hoop, several break rooms with flat screen TV's, computer lab, exercise facility onsite, and many more amenities that make this an ideal company to work for. The downside is the pay, but the amount of paid sick, floating holiday, personal and vacation days make it a little easier to take the average pay wage. Overall it is a stress free work environment with nice management and co-workers. Not much room for advancement because pretty much all the jobs pay the same.
Pros
Amenities and paid days off, and long breaks
Cons
pay
Lay offs all the time
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
IT job systems

Unstable
Very good pay however

This is a good place however there are always changes going on so people get laid off, its very weird to say the least.

A lot of advanced systems though
A fast pace company
Receiving Associate/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 8, 2015
The leadership at this particular warehouse needs some work. Some good and mostly bad, unfortunately. There was no team what so ever. Its a good place but can be even better. HD Supply is a fantastic company and i would work for them again.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
No team work
good job good training
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  san francisco, caSeptember 3, 2015
i liked working for this company because they take the time to train you and also take the time to do the saftey training and they dont rush through it like other companies
Not a Fan
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2015
The office culture is unwelcoming and impersonal. I was hired as a temp worker and did not get a very welcoming impression.
Fun workplace but terrible management
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
HD Supply believes they own a bigger portion of the market then they do. When numbers aren't met they place the blame on the employees while allowing management to hold onto positions.
Pros
Great benefits and total package.
Cons
Terrible management.
Answering all inbound calls ,Speaking with the Customer Service Reps at the Corporate office about a error that was made and trying to rectify it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 30, 2015
First work on emails,corporate and customer calls,pick orders,cycle counts,credits, faxing,filing,coping,typing,picking,organizing,multitasking.
Pros
Interacting with the Customers, Sales Reps, Corporate, the drivers and my co-workers.
Cons
picking up very heavy items by yourself...
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 27, 2015
Prepare mail to be delivered to rural areas in south weber and west haven. I had to sort and also deliver mail. You get to work your own schedule and when you are done you get to go home.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Random Work Schedule
Productive, Place to Grow, and a lot of manual labor.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 27, 2015
It was a productive place where I was able to learn alot while I worked there. Mostly manual labor, but great computer work. Many days I was able to help out extra hours to decrease lead time on customer orders, which is the time by which we worked receive orders, fabricate and package them, and then ship them out by the courier services.The job was great, I learned a lot on the shipping end of the process, and was able to do mostly each step of the process on the entire fabrication process, which is mostly manual labor. Management was awesome, understandable, and open to ideas. My co-workers were also helpful in teaching me, as well as also helping me many times on various positions of fabrication. The job was never really difficult, but I made mistakes like with trimming vinyl off of cabinet doors and drawers, setting up doors and drawers to have vinyl glued on, working with numbers on orders, and as well with canceling orders or changing information for the orders. I am glad to have helped out with most of my coworkers and also to have learned different position in the fabrication process to help out everyone.
Pros
Three breaks per day(including lunch), 45 minute lunch, great place to grow.
Cons
Can't speak bad about, thank God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit is was a great place to work at!
HD Supply Corporate
Project Manager - Enterprise Application Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Large corporation based out of Atlanta and Orlando with offices in the West Coast. Large investment in IT. Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
do not work here !!!!
Customer Service/Phone Rep (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 24, 2015
Please do not make the mistake of working here!!!! I wouldn't let me give 1 star the hours are ok but good luck trying to get a new shift !!
Pros
free gym
Cons
healthcare, management, eveything!!!
Hard work, but very rewarding
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 18, 2015
I did not get very far into the training process, but the parts that I did encounter were very fun. I enjoyed it mostly because of the fact that I was able to solve problems on my own. Right or wrong I was told to figure out what I should do. My trainer and my co-workers were always by my side, so I would always have resources.
Pros
health care, company expense card, training, gas card, travel
Cons
disorganization, bad employees