HD Supply Employee Reviews

Great company minus customer service management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
The employees are great but management is horrible with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 managers. Gossiping and bullying comes from the management team who talk down to the reps. If you apply shy away from customer service and go to another department with level headed individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Friendships override experience when trying to advance
Financial Analyst I Management has no time for you
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 6, 2016
Roseville Home improvement solutions smallest division of HD Supply. CEO and CTO come in only a few days a month. Company culture is very old school. As a financial analyst you run reports and pass them along, generally using only a few basic variables sales, margin, quantity, and applicable percents. Office culture follows status quo.
Pros
free gym membership, but thats every company now with companies acquiring tax credits
Cons
nondynamic management & old corporate culture
Productive place and nice environment with well behaved people
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  550 lakeside parkway flower mound texasMarch 2, 2017
I like my job because of the people I work with and I also value the respect given to me by my team leaders and manager. The hours I work are decent and am able to work overtime when it's available. Gets slow around the holidays but picks back up in the beginning of the new year.
Pros
Able to flex my work during the day
Cons
Not advancing as much as I'd like to
its a good comany too work for
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
I have always love to work at a warehouse. the reason why??its something different everyday ,your pulling different products and different challenges . I also feel comfortable driving any type of forklift. so it makes my job even easier for me . also have lots of experience working with different type of shipping systems and receiving .
San Diego location closing, anything to make shareholders money
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
This company trys really hard to make it sound like they care about the employees, but their actions are contrary.

The location on Scripps Poway Prkway is closing down. Most employees have been given their last day notice.
Pros
Great work life balance (dependent on manager)
Cons
Healthcare benefits lacking, Lack of clear direction among management
productive and energizing workplace
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 29, 2016
a fun place to work,if you have grown kids,or kids of no school age.
midday shifts,so your entire day is at work.
Off holidays and vacation paid available.GREAT THING.
Company value there employees enough to have family gathers thur the company. I learned a need trade in order processing.
Pros
family gathers, company games and prizes for the entire family
Cons
short breaks, mid shifts- no day or nights but both.
Great team of employees...
Field Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2016
Long fast passed days.I learned many needs and products multi family facilities use to operate. Management is helpful but lots of chiefs, not always clear who you need to go to for help. Co-workers were fantastic. Very helpful from outside sales along with the fantastic sales support team. Hardest part of the job is the many departments and wide range product line. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom and most of the customers... some customers you will never make happy.
Pros
People and education offered
Cons
lots of corporate hoops to jump through.
HD Supply is a satisfactory place to work.
Front End Supervisor/Cash Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2016
HD Supply has a lot of turnover, especially in the management and higher positions. This in turn the staff has to readjust to another managers way of running their individual stores.
Pros
My Front End Manager
Cons
Confidential communications
Intense but fulfilling work
IT Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Workload is significant, but the company encourages associates to learn new skills and new technology. Change is constant, both in technology and leadership, with the next big thing on the horizon at all times. The ability for many jobs to work remote for some part of the week is a great perk. Health benefits are not up to par.
Pros
Culture of learning, personal improvement
Cons
Deadline driven with no break for steady state, constant change in management and process
No appreciation for new and good drivers....
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 28, 2016
I was hired to get 1 of 4 routes available. Once I started they took me off of the route that I had then told me that I was going to do a Virginia route. I became a cover driver which did not sit well with me, but being a team player I did that for a month. I still never was given my own route and continued to be thrown on different routes. I did my Job well and HD did not care as long as a body was on a route all was good..... DO NOT SETTLE FOR THEIR BULL!!!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long driving, management and Lying!
Bad
Temp-Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2017
These guys are really bad they make you do all the work load ready to clock out on time so you must be finished with your work before you clock out clock out at 10 minutes after you supposed to because it works not finish the fight
Pros
Baf
Bad
Overall a Good Experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 13, 2016
HD Supply was a good place to work. There were long days and short days, it evens itself out in the end. If you enjoy working hard and want to feel like your part of a team. This place is for you.

The warehouse team has been together for countless years which speaks volumes of the management in place over them.

The Area manager really cares about his employees and there are always free lunches or cookouts to keep everyone having a good time.

Transportation is in the midst of some changes and always seems to have the most turnover.
Pros
Free Lunch from time to time, ability to use PTO for year prior to earning it
Cons
Healthcare
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day Is gong in early opening store , learning new things each day , management tries to help out with schedule coworkers are okay they are friendly , not sure whts the hardest part of my job I enjoy working there
Pros
need more employees to work morning shift
Cons
not sure
very productive. Staff as well as management were nice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2016
nice place to work. typical consisted of arriving at work, loading your truck and re-routing if necessary. Get on the road and deliver your product in your assigned route. working at HD Supply did give me a lot of insight on the multi-unit complexes, and how they operate as far as upkeep of the apartments. Also learning about HD Supply itself. HD Supply is a good company, The hardest part of the job is in the morning when you are loading your truck. Knowing the customer base, and knowing where and when to re-route. As for the job itself, it was all enjoyable. Being on the road gives you a feeling of owning your own business.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
customer service from drivers could be much better, my downfall was not knowing the area as well as I was getting to
Hour lunches
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Flowermound txMarch 4, 2017
Picked and pulled orders
Load, unload, sort and stock goods
Data Entry, printed labels, manifested orders, scheduled pick up from various freight carriers
Handled returns
Inventory Control, cycle counts
Forklift used: Electric pallet jack, Reach truck, Clamp, Stand up and Sit down
Pros
leave early
Cons
crazy over time
All the guys were protective, and there to lend a hand if you needed one
Counter Sales/Material Coordinator/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Outstanding work environment.
One on One with customers coming into the store
Never a dull day working with Contractors
HD cared for their customers
Pros
Hourly with Commision
Cons
Takes Years to Learn, yet Rewarding
productive and good management
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 19, 2016
very good company to work for. good structure and very good work and life balance. it's good for someone who needs work and life balance, but not good for someone who look for career advancement
Summary
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 20, 2017
HD Supply can be a great place to work depending on where (location) and who you are working with. The other side is it can be a completely miserable job with the wrong people. They are no longer an employee friendly company now that they are publicly traded.
Pros
Home each night
Cons
Reliability of your job.
Was Better 8 Years Ago
Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
This company was a dream job for me in 2007 when I attained employment. As years have progressed management has changed often and drastically resulting in a shell of the company I began working for. This job has evolved into a mandatory overtime job (between 7-10 hours weekly) leaving little to no time for family life. Benefits have changed over the years so now they are worse than when I started. I work in a (Line Haul) part of the market and have been passed over for a job change/advancement with this company twice so there is no promotional prospect with this company. The biggest benefit of the job is the pay scale and weekends free.
Pros
weekends off, paid overtime, vacation and personal time, good pay
Cons
poor management, lots of overtime required, benefits could be better
Contractors who care about employees
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
There was a want to continue thriving in an atmosphere that was meant to propel you to the next level and help advance you in all walks of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.