HD Supply Employee Reviews

Love my job. Am thinking of retiring from there.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to work. I work in the Fab Shop they do cabinet doors. It's a very nice company to work for. It's a company that is going to grow more and more.
DON'T do it.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2016
If you don't like spending time with your family throughout the week, working LONG hours/not getting a set time when you're get off and no advancement in a job unless someone in a department you're looking to transfer in...then this job is for you...
Pros
LOL, what pros?
Cons
Everything. I mean EVERYTHING...
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day Is gong in early opening store , learning new things each day , management tries to help out with schedule coworkers are okay they are friendly , not sure whts the hardest part of my job I enjoy working there
Pros
need more employees to work morning shift
Cons
not sure
Horrible place to work
Reciever/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2016
I worked at HD Supply in St. Louis Mo. The actual work was easy and could be fun, but the G.M.. was only interested in the shipping dept, and actively disrespected the recieving department. Would have us go and help pull orders for sghipping letting our own work back up and then tell us we had to stay late to get our stuff done. if we were able to get done on time an were gettiing ready to leave for the day, he would stop us and tell us we had to go pull orders so that "shipping could get out at a reasonable time". We were told that everyone would be accountable for what they did, but recieving always had to come behind shipping and clean up their trash messes. I walked out one morning when I was told to clean up after shipping, and if I didnt like it I could leave. So I left. Write ups were and everyday thing in recieving
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lots of overtime and disrespect.
Decent place to work if you dont mind the politics
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
Everybody wants to be the "lead guy" and managers play favorites. Outside of that the company is an amazing job. Direction can lack at times but its expected you find appropriate work.
Pay is good but need more stability.
Packing Associate (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAOctober 27, 2015
At HD Supply, I cannot argue with the pay and the benefits that follow. However I want a stable, 40 hours a week, job where I start in the morning and leave in the afternoon. And I would like for my next job not to be in something that is redundant in terms of tasks. All day is nothing but packing an order, auditing it, and moving on to the next one. Again it pays well, but I want a job where its a little more versatile.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits.
Cons
Shift and redundant work.
one of the best merchandising jobs I ever had
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Olympia, wa area'sApril 18, 2015
I was the merchandiser at 5 Home depot stores working the Crown Bolt products. This is a very physical job, but I love my job. The store personal was great, I made several friends and they always said how much they really like having me in there stores.
HD supply management was ok.... they were real slow to give praise, but they were respectful of me when they were there. I was lucky to be with some one for 6 to 8 weeks before they leave you alone. The job with this company is very intense and you have to know the product you are ordering and throwing.
Pros
Good pay, nice stores, 40 hrs. per week
Cons
Very physically demanding, management very slow to praise.
Hot warehouse to work in
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 15, 2016
We had a quick meeting at beginning of shift, then off we went to pick and pack boxes for 8 hours.

Co-workers would often help one another out with lifting. Great teamwork.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Hot Warehouse
Blanaced between 2 jobs
lumber yard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 8, 2016
The work at HD Supply was very fulfilling. they balanced between my second job and was able to work both at the same time. the employees are very nice and friendly. I would recommend HD Supply to anyone.
productive and good management
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 19, 2016
very good company to work for. good structure and very good work and life balance. it's good for someone who needs work and life balance, but not good for someone who look for career advancement
Company That Tries To Be Professional But Fail Miserably.
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 2, 2013
Expect extremely long hours (over 12 hours a day most days) with very little extra break time. Management is a complete joke. They can not even make sure necessary supplies needed to do your job are in stock and let the slackers on the line do as they please (personally seen people take 2 hour lunch breaks with no repercussions). Very irritating for the hard workers there. Upper management will lie to your face about everything from compensation to whats expected of you. Absolutely zero regard for people who have been there for a long time, and good luck ever moving up. My advice? If you do accept a position here (WHY?!), use it as a resume filler at most. Don't bust your butt, it's not like the supervisors are usually around anyway.
Pros
Most of the hourly co-workers were hard working, good people
Cons
Management, long hours, just about everything else
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 12, 2016
management is good to work with. management is very professional, in a routine day everything is set up easy to follow and good routes
Pros
flexibles
Commercial Driver
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 14, 2016
• Proficient in meeting aggressive deadlines, guaranteeing deliveries are on schedule.
• Handling inventory distribution to the end-client.
• Managing load securement and weight distribution following necessary legal procedures for the Department of Transportation.
• Customer-facing, ensuring necessary paperwork is obtained at time of transaction.
Pros
great hours
Cons
health care, working in the heat
Be Healthy initiatives to promote healthy lifestyle and work-life balance
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Growing company with great liquidity but lacking talent management. Constrained with many traditional, middle-level managers. Encourages employees to acquire professional certifications and degrees--will not reimburse certifications but will support educational development. No additional compensation for completion of higher-level education, even when privately funded. Not a forward-thinking, innovative firm. Very traditional and hierarchical with little responsiveness to ideas such as S&OP and a Vendor Management Program. Slow to match business model with strategy and keep up with growth. However, the employees are wonderful.
Pros
cafeteria and gym on site.
Cons
strong big brother network and politics
Great cultural, but Management needs work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 7, 2015
The company really does care about the employees well being. However, Management needs work in sensitivity training, and basic human relations skills.
Cons
no employee growth, management bad, revolving door for employees
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 24, 2015
this company could be better with the right people. alot of structural issues within the company. pay was ok and benefits ok nothing great.all about the numbers
Pros
8 hr shift
Cons
everything was not professional, you feel like a contractor all the time.
They suck
Driver ll/ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 20, 2015
It was great when I first got there. Then they fired a couple of people and the place went down hill. Then they closed the branch.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management could careless about you.
We worked hard and played too
Senior Portfolio Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
There was never a dull day at HD Supply. You were either working on a project, seeking out a project or traveling to bid on a project. I learned so much from this company. This is where I learned how to do procurement and project management. I managed and supported the whole Southwest region including Las Vegas, and Hawaii. I think the hardest part was getting all of the sales reps on board on how the process was on bidding a project with me. I was the main contact. Once everyone was on the same page we were out there in field bidding and sealing deals all over my territory. I exceeded plan year over year.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Day at Work
Core Credit Rep Accounting (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Get to work at 7am and start on the rotary phone. I take calls , work reports aging, my aging is under 7.3% monthly. I manage over 12-15 million dollar accounts daily and deliver excellent customer service to many personalities over the phones.
Pros
good benefits, Flexible schedule, close to school
Cons
No challenge, supervisors do not give raises and build you up and then tear you down
Great learning experience.
Sales Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2016
Reviewed tax rates and issues for multiple municipalities to ensure accuracy for auditing purposes. Overall mostly repetitive work with no growth potential.
Pros
Free parking
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.