HD Supply Employee Reviews

Inside sales
Inside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 23, 2016
Answered all sales calls as required, created solutions for late material on orders, summarized due dates for supplies on a weekly report.
great place to work
CNC Designer (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 13, 2016
was a pleasant place to work, management was very thoughtful to employees needs. Would recommend anyone to apply here. Clean facility
Comfertable and friendly place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  W Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2014
Work is up and down it can be busy or slow, but we stay on task and get our job done. Then have fun In the break room on the ping pong or pool table. I have learned that teamwork is very important and that everyone has to be on the same page to have a productive day. Management is cool and do what they have to do to get us out on time and still maintain a personal relationship with every individual. Co-workers are fun and like family. The hardest part of the job is the overtime. I enjoy at the end of the day knowing that I have made our customers happy and got them there product in a safe and timely manner.
Pros
Benefits, people around me, schedule
Cons
Pay
,truck driver
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 9, 2016
we had a 6:30am start you performed by loading your truck at certain times.at times it would be loaded when you arrived. perform all dutys of a cdl driver and work till 3:00pm
Pros
work with good people
Cons
healthcare is not fair to employees
Fast pace environment, Job security, Full time Benefits
Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint LouisOctober 2, 2013
Fast pace environment, Job security, Full time Benefits. You will be working anywhere between 8 to 12 hour days. It is a pick and pack fulfillment center. Management is easy to get along with, but the hardest part is getting use to the long hours. This is not for everyone, after awhile you feel like you are not getting enough home time. On the other hand the company is striving. Looking to improve in all aspects of the field.
Pros
Overtime Guaranteed
Cons
Not enough home time
Fun workplace but terrible management
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
HD Supply believes they own a bigger portion of the market then they do. When numbers aren't met they place the blame on the employees while allowing management to hold onto positions.
Pros
Great benefits and total package.
Cons
Terrible management.
job securaty
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 3, 2015
great place to work, family oriented. room for advancement. good benefits. they provide you with ongoing education, and overall you get out of it what you put in.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Awarded Indiana's Best Places to work. No complaints. Day begins at 630a until your route is complete which can range from 130p - 5pm depending on your designated routes customers orders for the day. Management incorporates your ideas if you have any. The environment was great between 9 drivers, lead driver & warehouse supervisor. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 5am. The most enjoyable is freedom when you're on the road delivering to your customers.
Pros
Work/life balance
Poor Managemnt
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 27, 2013
If you are a woman with small children I would advise working somewhere else unless you have a partner who can be there ALL the time with your children. This company is run by men and they will write you up if you cannot work over time. I was "forced" per say to go on maternity leave really early.

Good thing about this place if you are single are really available ALL the time, they have great benefits lots of over time and it is a company you can advance in.

This just wasn't the right fit for me :)
Pros
Benefits, pay and overtime
Cons
Bad management Style and really hard on single moms
Productive workplace, fast-paced environment, good company with great benefits
Customer Delivery Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2012
Fast-paced environment, must pay attention to details, lots of rules that must be followed. In the past Company was flexible with some rules as long as the customer was being taken care of, today you can lose your job if you don't follow every single rule to the letter. Most co-workers are great people, are helpful, the hardest part of this job is getting on the same page with supervisors and having a great working relationship with them. Their education and personality is limited which makes it difficult for them to initiate a positive working relationship with the people they lead/manage. The most enjoyable part of this job is serving the customers, meeting their needs, and the physical aspect of this job is great. It is a physically demanding job, but very easy job once you get the hang of it.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, lots of work.
Cons
supervisors lack people skills
Business Systems Analyst-SAP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
I have been here for a year or so. I started as an intern and I really enjoyed it so far. Management is very flexible and not so hands on where you don't hardly feel any pressure. Yet the work gets done. I wish the pay was more competitive. May it is because I started as an intern that they still see me as a newbie and did not make a competitive offer. Maybe not, I can't say.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Salary not competitve enough. Not much focus on training, you have to learn as you go, on your own.
Good job
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 8, 2015
Transfered from Home Depot to Usa bluebook in receiving department. Process was out dated, management were fair, loved all of my co workers. Company did a lot of cool things and were family oriented. Got fired cuz I had two full time jobs and was late a few times. Overall was the best warehouse job I ever had and would go back if I could.
Pros
benefits, workout area, coworkers, food, hours
Cons
outdated systems, substandard wages
Great Perks
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 12, 2015
Air conditioned facility with pool table, basketball hoop, several break rooms with flat screen TV's, computer lab, exercise facility onsite, and many more amenities that make this an ideal company to work for. The downside is the pay, but the amount of paid sick, floating holiday, personal and vacation days make it a little easier to take the average pay wage. Overall it is a stress free work environment with nice management and co-workers. Not much room for advancement because pretty much all the jobs pay the same.
Pros
Amenities and paid days off, and long breaks
Cons
pay
Very Time sensitive
Lead of Manufacturing Operations (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 7, 2016
Very fast paced, time sensitive, lots of emails, a lot of employees to control and train and coach but overall it's ok. Management is pretty cool.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVJune 11, 2015
Busy to no so busy days
Great customers, many faithful to the business
Good management
Cooperative co-workers, respectful
Hardest part - not keeping my job due to the economy
Enjoyable part - knowing I did a good job and they will miss me.
Good insurance, wellness programs
Pros
Good salary, parties and customer appreciation events
Cons
Limited overtime
Good Company to work for, creative opportunities
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 19, 2016
I was treated fairly, unfortunately my job was eliminated.
Recieved excellent reviews, merit increases and bonuses.
Ok place to work if you like sales
Customer Service FM (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 5, 2013
The job title says customer service FM but it really turned out to be somewhat of a sales job they call themselves "peachtree business products" they are owned by hd supply. The center is small it is difficult to request a day off because they don't want people off the phones at all. You have to upsell with customers and they keep track of your sales everyday, it is a very sales driven company. You will most likely not get a raise until you are there for 2 years.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very sales driven
A great foundational start for any entry level Customer Service Representative.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ WEB SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 11, 2013
I have a wonderful five year experience with HD Supply. They are a great company to work for. They encourage and nuture internal growth within the company so advancement is available if your willing to put in the work. They also take pride in all that they do, so if you are a person of excellence, you'll want to work there. They have great benefits and profit sharing.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
expensive healthcare
Productive,clean,and secure
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 3, 2012
My work schedule is 8a.m to 4p.m.,unless needed to stay,without complaint, My warehouse manager and I work as a team to get the orders pulled and loaded for my deliveries. We accommodate several customers VIA Will call as well, with the help of our 3 CSR's .We have 4 outside salesman,A branch manager and a ops manager to keep us heading in a profitable direction. I would describe the hardest part of the job as HOT and the most enjoyable part is the driving with the A/C on.
Pros
uniforms and work boots paid for. 401k match, ins, holidays off & vac.
Cons
very little o.t., fast paced, hot, and never fast enough
Very unsafe place to work.
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
Some of the issues I brought to there attention about safety and the cared about the dollar more than than the employees safety !!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.