HDIS Employee Reviews

a family like work place loved it
Medical Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  University City, MOJanuary 18, 2017
I was working on the Medicare approved project our company was nominated as one of the mail order suppliers to provided diabetic supplies to those who had Medicare as their insurance provider
Great
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to be love love love the whole work attmosphere I would recommend this job to anyone that is looking and I mean it is a great place to go everyday.
Nice environment but VERY low pay
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOAugust 17, 2016
Friendly environment, expectations are TOO high for LOW pay, coaches are too strict on your monthly reviews which affects your bonus, almost impossible to hit your 5 out of 7 goals in order to receive your monthly bonus, only 13 minutes throughout the day besides 1 hour lunch, your expected to sit at your desk all day, you deal with very aggressive customers and the managers are not willing to assist you with difficult calls, one other good thing about the company is that they feed you a lot.
Pros
Treats you to lunch or a snack often
Cons
Low pay, expectations too high, medical insurance a bit high
Horrible Communication Skills
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Management ApplicantNovember 10, 2015
After 9 weeks of being screened for a position 4 interviews and over 10 hours of online testing and being told what position you will be doing and that everyone who interviewed you liked you but then receiving an e-mail that you failed to meet their expectation seems somewhat deceiving.
Salary Is 20 Years Behind The Times!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOJune 19, 2015
HDIS looks great on paper as an employer: voted one of the best in St. Louis Post Dispatch poll, local BBB award, biggest incontinence supply retailer, etc. HOWEVER, all of those accolades fall flat in reality because of HDIS' exceedingly low hourly wage, almost nonexistent raises, and workload of 3 or 4 different positions lumped into the Customer Service category, then conveniently not mentioned until you are already hired and in training. Calling you a customer service agent when you actually ALSO have to do collections, billing, inbound and outbound sales, and training others is called LYING BY OMISSION! And expect this job to feel like a commission-only position without the appropriate compensation. You will be competing for almost unattainable monthly bonuses, but mainly for things like bags of chips, dollar store-type gift baskets full of nail polish and key chains, and $25 Visa gift cards. The plus side of HDIS is how friendly and supportive your coworkers will be. Most of management is the same, but it's hard to give them glowing reviews when they are too lazy, for the most part, to do basic managerial duties like complaint callbacks. Yes, Customer Service reps do those, too. HDIS wants the benefit of mature, seasoned employees yet pays like a summer job for teenagers.
Pros
Great coworkers, excellent standard of customer service
Cons
Hourly wage is way out of proportion to workload and performance standards, pointless required activities like putting up juvenile team-building bulletin boards, dishonesty by HR
Fastpaced productive work enviroment
Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOMay 11, 2015
HDIS is a great place to work. People are friendly and have a great attitude. Leadership is knowledgeable and approachable.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and basketball court.
Shipping/Order picker (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOApril 30, 2015
A day at HDIS includes maintaining a specific number of orders to be picked and shipped on a daily basis, while maintaining a clean and safe work area. I could go to my manager and or supervisor with any problem I have rather its work or non-work related. There weren't any hard parts of being employed at HDIS unless you're unable to adopt to changes, in which I've learned to do so with precision and the willingness to learn new skills.
Pros
Holiday events, free lunches, company sports teams
Cons
Salary vs work load/work experience
Great family environment with growth potential!!
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOApril 20, 2015
HDIS is a great place to work, voted one of the top 10 places to work in St. Louis 3 years in a row. I have had an awesome experience working for this company. The growth and development afforded to me by the leadership team, has enabled me to achieve 4 promotions in 4 years, 3 of those within 2 years. I have found that a good work ethic, in addition to attentiveness to our customers puts employees in a great position to achieve more. In regard to some specifics that were pointed out in another review, working lunches are paid and you even have flexibility with your lunch/break schedules. In addition, HDIS is a call center, and that being said uses call center analytics for forecast their schedules. You have the ability to work 5.5 hours on Saturday and trade an 8 hour day off through the week, or you are most welcome to get the overtime. HDIS strives to maintain a team building, family atmosphere however, it has been a great place for me to build a career.
Pros
Room to grow, great employees!
Not worth your time
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Olivett MOMarch 10, 2015
This company has a cult like environment. It is amusing to watch the followers work. For instance, you will be expected to have a work lunch several times a month and not be paid for it, work every other Saturday without a day off during the week. Oh, and watch your paycheck because they will try to short the hours you did work, like during these work lunches and not pay you for the full hours you did work. No breaks are giving during the day, if you leave your desk for any reason this will negatively reflect on you overall numbers. The management is extremely incompetent, one wonders why they need so many people in charge. Lastly, expect to be paid only 10.00 per hour regardless of your education or experience. and your yearly raise to be about 2% regardless if you exceed your performance.
Positive Experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2014
I was at HDIS for 9 months and worked full time. I learned a lot about customer service and how to treat customers with respect. It was a great entry level job. I wish the pay was a little better but my co-workers and managers were very nice. They have a lot of events and meetings so you get the chance to meet everyone. I would recommend this job for someone seeking to work in a call center for customer service.
Pros
Great people, mangers, meetings, and social events
Cons
Pay

Want to know more about HDIS?

Ask a question
Great people
Associate Internet Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOSeptember 10, 2014
The best people to work with, they inspire you to take initiative, pay is low as is typical for a smaller company
Striving to meet the customers needs
Medical Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOJuly 6, 2014
Daily I meet the needs of the customer, by finding medical supplies that work best for them in a call center environment. I also do some selling and outbound calls to make sure payments are received from customers for products they have received from us. At HDIS we consider ourselves a family.
Worse place Ive ever worked
CSR (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOJuly 5, 2014
This company is a joke when offered a position management creates an image that they are such a caring family oriented company BS this company is full of lies and shady management when offed a position the starting pay was set at $10 per hour w/bonuses so I said ok once I got my foot in the door I learned the its nearly impossible to bonus, insurance benefits are offered after 90 days however its impossible to schedule a dr/dentist appointment due to the horrible scheduling. This is the lowest paying call center I've ever worked at this is a job just to pay a few bills that's all definitely not a career I don't know how this place was voted to place to work somebody lied it should have been voted worse place to work
Pros
hour lunches except on Mondays its an 1/2 hr
Cons
No 15min breaks just a 1 hour lunch, Shady management, very low pay
GREAT!!! Company to work for
customer care/medicaid hybrid rep (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOMarch 17, 2014
I have worked for HDIS for almost 3 years now. I started out being a customer care representative, have moved into a new position called customer care/Medicaid Hybrid representative. This means I take calls from customer calling in on self pay account as well as Medicaid accounts. This make my day very interesting and not boring. I also am responsible for ordering all the phone supplies for the company. This is the best job I have every had. We have fun events that are planned throughout the year. This is a very rewarding job to have. I feel very fortunate to be working here.
Pros
friendly co-workers, are appreciated for hard work you do, get rewarded and recognized for your hard work
Shady management, low-pay, little to no advancement, some nice co-workers
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOFebruary 16, 2014
HDIS pays lower than any other call center in the area, by quite a margin. Others with comparable flat rates at least offer an incentives program that is attainable, not so much at HDIS. If you are perfect in every regard you can make an average wage, if you miss one part of one element of the incentives you are left with barely above minimum wage. Many of the people working at HDIS are very nice, caring, and understanding people, which is how management gets away with implementing so many shady policies. Not only do they pay low and make incentives and raises difficult-to-near impossible to receive, at the time I left they were changing pay schedules and the incentive program in such a way that people were not being paid their full flat rate for hours worked. Additionally, it takes a very long time to move up past the first level of advancement, no matter how good you are. You will quickly be 'promoted' to a on-the-job trainer, but it will come with no pay raise and more responcibilty, as well as some liabilty for the preformance of the person who shadowed you when they hit the floor. After that it is very hard to move up again. Best part of the job: no call time limit. While all their other time limits are very tight, there is no talk time limit for metrics, allowing you to take a much time as you need on the phone. This is vital to making the job doable at all as all your customers are either elderly or in some way disabled, and you will often have a 45 minute call just trying to understand you customer. For the most part the customers are super nice and sweet, very few bad  more... apples, but you should be prepared for the occasional uncomfortable call from pranking teenagers or creepers due to the nature of the products you are selling.  less
Pros
Shady management, low-pay, little to no advancement
Cons
some good co-workers, no talk-time limits, sweet customers
Fun and rewarding company
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Olivette MoAugust 16, 2013
A very busy and growing company that takes great pride in going above and beyond for the customers. The employees are rewarded well with bonuses each month with realistic goals that are met. All employees are treated with respect by management. There is very low turnover rate because most people stay. Fun company to work for.
Pros
Hour lunch, hours, good incentives
Cons
Work load can be a little overwhelming at times, Mandatory Saturdays
The worst company - who'd they pay to get Post Dispatch rating?
Biller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis / OlivetteAugust 5, 2013
The management and the Human Resources department are a joke...the pay is terrible and they rarely are honest about your skills...they act like they are so family like but they could care less for you - they are so mismanaged and that's the supervisors!! Don't get sucked in - they are the worst company!
Pros
Cons
two-faced and liar's
Fun and Caring but Not For Everyone
FC (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2013
I havent been at HDIS long however I found a home in the amount of time I have been here. I feel comfortable and have cultivated great relationships with co-workers.

Although HDIS is "Fun" and "Caring," I do believe this place desires a special individual to be true to the company and fulfill all required tasks desired by the average customer we represent.

Compensation is not at its best at HDIS; I have been in the "warehousing" industry for many years and worked for some great companies. I believe that compensation is an asset when getting a quality employee who renders quality service. Unfortunately, I have seen some great people leave because of this very thing. In essence, benefits packages are great however are not enjoyable because of very low compensation.

The culture is to die for! My first day in orientation was the reason I chose this company. Not one, a couple or a few but everyone is so helpful. I really appreciate the "family" here. If I ever part from HDIS, it will be a very sad day.

Job security is something every employee dreams of and here at HDIS, you get just that! No layoffs in history. I am very grateful for that!

Management is, in my opinion, still developing. I think this environment is very special for the service we provide and the employees who are helping us provide these services are also very special; therefore policies and skill set are constantly advancing. 26 years in business is fairly young and I think Management is doing their very best at making sure everyone feels at home.

I could not have found a better place to work being
  more... that I am also a full time student and single parent! My work life and personal life are well balanced here.   less
Pros
Company Events, Morale
Cons
Compensation
Best place ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Olivette, MOJuly 16, 2013
I have been with HDIS almost 4 years now and I can honestly say this is one of the greatest companies I have ever worked for.

HDIS is a company that will not settle for other's standards of "good enough". We push ourselves every day to be the best and most reliable company for our customers.

I work with our suppliers on a daily basis to coordinate upcoming product changes and find new products. In the last 4 years I have been promoted twice, so there is always room for advancement if you work hard. I personally feel that my managers treat me as an equal other than someone that is beneath them which makes me value and respect them even more. My co-workers are not just my co-workers, they are like family. We help each other out when help is needed and support each other when times are bad.

I’m sure those who are reading this probably think my review is cheesy but this is how I truly feel. I am honored to work for a company who is always striving for a better tomorrow for their employees and customers.

So, if you are someone who loves to make a difference in people’s lives and who is a hard worker than you should apply to HDIS!
Pros
Amazing work environment, tons of company events, great hours...I could go on!!!
Cons
Healthcare benefit costs are a little high.
This place is a joke
Changed Too Many Times (Former Employee) –  Olivette, MOJuly 10, 2013
The only good thing is the culture of this place. They are very pro family but they lie to even get you in the doors! I was told I'd be starting at a higher salary than I actually was and when I confronted HR about it, I got no answers. Then to make matters worse, they outsourced my position and moved me to another position that is also being outsourced which left me in limbo. Our bonus was taken away but our pay wasn't increased...this was a major selling point in my interviews so you can imagine my frustrations. I can't understand how this place got voted as one of the top places to work this year.
Pros
Coworkers, company events, hours
Cons
Pay, Lies from HR, Pest problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HDIS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9