HDR, Inc.

HDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice uptown location
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2015
Company was good, people were friendly. Was generous with their public transportation reimbursement. Enjoyed my time there.
diverse, fun and flexiable
Sr. Accountant/Project Accountant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, casual dress code
Cons: no break room
Flexible work schedule; busy but friendly environment. Professional team oriented office. management willing to mentor young professionals. Enjoyed the team work and family atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work
Traffic Intern (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 3, 2015
great team of co-workers, project managers, and supervisors. opportunity in career advancement. exposure to great projects. Overall it was a satisfactory experience
Its alright
not given (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2015
Its ok to work for a little while htaft is it.no training given for anything. not willing to assist and answer questions. low pay
Fun place to work for.
Water Resources Scientist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
HDR Inc.,, San Diego, CA location was a fun place to work for. Amazing teamwork culture and the management was great. Thoroughly enjoyed working for HDR for little over five years.
Excellent Benefits/Good Overall Company
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2015
HDR is an excellent company to work.

The benefits are great for the industry. The company keeps all employees informed of what's happening company-wide.

Some politics involved, but overall, a great company.
Solid employee owned engineering and architecture company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good people, solid return on company stock
Cons: Nothing meaningful
HDR has been a great company to work with. Although they are slightly more conservative (in regards to market risk) than I'd like, they treat their employees well and reward the good employees.
Productive and fun place with a foosball table
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 16, 2015
Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team.

Good people in this office, and good projects. Everyone is dedicated to putting out good work for the client.
Working at a UV light water treatment facility
Internship (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 12, 2015
Pros: housing and food was provided, actually gave us the proper amount of breaks
A typical day at work consisted of assembling water pipe systems, testing the systems on how well they treated the water, interacting with clients, and site maintenance. Management kept us in line and made us work hard, but was also fair and understood what their employees needed. I learned how to put together big water pipe systems, how to check for various variable during testing such as pH, turbidity, bacteria content, etc. The co-workers were great and made me feel at home. I lived with my co-workers for the whole summer for the job so we got to know each other, and work better as a team.
Good
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pleasant experience. I hope to find a position as satisfying as this one was for me.

Easy and open door policy. Fair and relaxing on a day-to-day work routine.
Fun Place to work, But it gets stressful time by time.
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits.
Cons: There is not that much space to grow in the company.
I have been working at HDR for over one year. I had learn a lot in both technical and professional relationship matters from my colleagues. Overall I am so happy I had this opportunity.
Great place to start and improve your career but beware of usual flags
Assistant to the International Director (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Employee stock, career investments, experience value, good office and work culture
Cons: Stress (nature of the business but company can use better time management to prevent some of it)
As a young engineer you are exposed to many projects but it depends your office location and your boss as well. Sometimes great mentorship if you are lucky.

It can be a high stress job around deliverables and client meetings but nothing like 80-hr a week unless there is an urgency to finish the project.

There is a great variability in experiences and happiness level of employees around the country depending on the office, management team and project. There is a flexibility that comes from being a matrix organization. They try their best to invest in you if you clearly communicate the career path you want and show your interest as well by working extra when necessary, taking on more projects, develop great relations with external and internal clients.
HDR Great Company
Drafter (Former Employee), Irvine, CA.March 12, 2015
Pros: very flexible with comings and goings
Cons: the contract assignment i worked for was too short
Great work environment, great co-workers. HDR is very professional, yet very down to Earth. Every one at HDR was more then ready to help. People go out of their way to make you feel part of the family.
Employee owned culture is strong
Vice President (Current Employee), BellevueMarch 12, 2015
A very good company that is experiencing some growing pains, especially in the international arena. Getting to be more of a home office directed company rather than local office focus.
Excellent working environment!
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: opportunities for advancement - low turnover rate
Cons: low turnover rate - hard to get in
Highly recommend as an employer. Caring atmosphere, good work - life balance. No micro-management and lots of opportunity for advancement. Hours are flexible and benefits are great.

.............................
Classic large engineering fimr.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Folsom, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: Consulting firm
Cons: Consulting firm
Nice folks. I got my start in the engineering industry there. Lost of helpful people, many willing to teach. Nice mentors.
Productive and welcoming work environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: healthcare
It was a short stay when transferred to the main building and department but a lot was learned in the few months. i worked with a great group of people.
Great opportunities for Networking within company, workshare, and transfer options
GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: networking/workshare/transfer oppotunities
Cons: occasional lack of work due to engineers learning gis
Great opportunities for Networking within company, work share, and transfer options. Good opportunities for continuing education
Right of Way Coordination Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: good
Knowledgeable and productive people with a great work atmosphere and location. Flexible hours and great benefits. Close to town and clients we serve.
Productive Work Environment
Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2014
HDR is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff does a great job at teaching their interns.
Employees