HDR, Inc.

HDR, Inc. Employer Reviews

Downloading, printing, enabling and creating PDF’s of all controlled documentation.
Administrative Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 14, 2013
I recieved packets and download all documentation to data base for internal and external review and send out notification. Print documenation and take packets to team members for their review. Preview all documentation going out to clients. Do all UPS and outgoing us mail.
ok
Construction Inspector (Former Employee), Carson City, NVAugust 8, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Construction Inspector of Public Works Waterline Projects for Carson City, Nevada, Public Works. Provide full-time inspection of a 3,000,000 gallon steel water tank, 16”, 24” and 30” diameter (fully restrained) waterline projects within Carson City and Douglas County, NV. This includes assisting the contractor and design engineer in construction, value – more... engineering and design of large water line projects that range from 2 miles to over 8 miles in length. In addition to overseeing construction of waterline transmission mains, assist Carson City Engineers in the development and approval of utility plans for State acceptance. This includes design and inspection of water well and arsenic treatment mitigation improvement projects – less
Enjoyed working with clients and project managers
Office Receptionist/ Word Processor (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 18, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: advancement opportunities
I enjoyed being a liaison between the clients and project managers. The clients commented on my knowledge of the projects and specifications. The clients commented to my supervisors that they liked my friendly, positive, helpful attitude.
friendly work environment
Database / SAS Administrator (part-time) (Current Employee), Pearl River, NYJune 17, 2013
Pros: no peers pressure
Cons: few holidays
plenty of intranet sites that give instructions to various subjects....
National Engineering Firm
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 6, 2013
This company was a great place to gain my technology experience. They have top programs and also equiptment that I learned to use. This also begain my starting of proposal work and website management.
The company as a whole has wonderful benefits and compensation packages. Unfortunately, due to my education in business and not engineering my advancement – more... was lack luster.
I'd recommend this company to any applicant! – less
Working for an engineering company was a learning experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMay 13, 2013
Pros: good healthcare and outings
Cons: long weeks when there was a large proposal excepted.
Greeted all clients, answered all calls and transferred to the correct parties. Processed and delivered all mail. Tracked expenses for travel and hotel for managers and some co-workers. Learned to managed my time both at work and at home. Some co-workers were more difficult to work than others and a little hard to work with. After being there for a – more... while I feel my work proved my worth. If a proposal was excepted you may work long hours from Monday through Sunday. The company showed it gratitude by taking us to plays, taking us out to lunch, going on a picnic and some well earned time off that was not counted against your vacation. – less
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee), USA-MidwestApril 29, 2013
Pros: employee owned stock, health, medical
Cons: profit #1; clients further down list
Company is all about profit. Large company with very poor management in local offices. Managers are not very professional, they treat clients differently in person, and act totally different back in office towards clients. No employee reviews to let you no how you are doing or allow for input. Long hours with little or no recognition. Severly understaffed – more... offices requiring long hours of work; get work, then worry about who is going to do it later. Job descriptions say HDR is alcohol free...(what a joke)...not true...they like to drink, especiallythe managers (and brag about it)...alcohol is on office premises, usually in break room. – less
Alright place to work
Environmental Planner (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 15, 2013
Typical day consists of menial tasks at work, but great people to work with.
Cares about its employees, very professional
Resident Project Rep (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMMarch 29, 2013
Pros: benefits; appreciation of employees efforts
Cons: none that i am aware of
I have been very well treated by HDR, and would be plesed to continue with them. It depends if another construction project needing my services opens in the near future.
Great teamwork leads to unique solutions
Project Lighting Designer (Former Employee), Lawrenceville NJMarch 27, 2013
Pros: teamwork, benefits package
Cons: was not close to public transport, did not encourage telecommuting
No private offices and open workspaces encouraged ample interaction that facilitated fast solutions.
Great Company
Contract employee (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2013
Nothing negative to say. Employee owned and great atmosphere
Productive, engineer based company.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 13, 2013
Management top down. The firm is consulting so time management is heavily pushed. A typical day for a utility's financial analyst includes data entry, forecasting of revenues and expenses for utility's, cost of service analysis, and rate design. Number of projects going at once varies.
Productive, efficient, very professional place to work.
Civil CAD Technician (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: stable, close to home.
A typical day at work for me involves mostly plan production duties, and some design tasks. I have learned a lot about using ArcGIS software, and a gained much experience in erosion & sediment control planning.
The management is pleasant to work for, and very approachable.
My coworkers are the best I've ever worked with, and are always willing to share – more... knowledge and tips. – less
Chaotic, unfocused management, resources devoted to a few "special" projects
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: excellent compensation, a great mentor (for my position)
Cons: poor office management, under-staffed teams, lack of collaboration/cooperation
One of the most chaotic environments I have ever seen in a workplace. The office was full of incredibly talented, intelligent people who were tasked with far more work than it was possible to crank out in the time asked, and with constantly shifting priorites. The office was horribly understaffed, so management tried to use "smoke and mirrors" to cover – more... that fact up to clients. Presentations were almost always done at the last minute, staff would regularly be shifted to higher priority projects, and constancy was nowhere to be found. – less
Challenging and dynamic projects
Transportation Designer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2013
HDR is a large international engineering firm. I worked with many talented individuals and on complex projects in multiple states. The local management was efficient and always had an open door.
I edited deliverables, wrote short articles for newsletter, transcribed meeting minutes, and worked on off-site projects like traffic counts.
Administrative Assistant/Technical Editor (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: excellent support personnel, excellent managment, appreciative client, rewarding work
Cons: nothing rises to the level of a con.
I transcribed meeting minutes as necessary, prepared deliverables of various kinds to deliver to the client, wrote short information pieces describing examples of creative cost-cutting, prepared correspondence, and did such off-site jobs as necessitated.
Great work environment
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Roswell, NMDecember 24, 2012
Great place to work, career advancement opportunities with excellent pay.
Excellent Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2012
Love working as a Senior Accountant. Co-workers are friendly and company have lot of growth potential.
Production Office
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 19, 2012
Production Office. Not a design office. Pay is about average
Internship Only
Transportation Design Internship (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 17, 2012
Summer internship only. Great Exposure. Did roadway design, estimates, and unit price analysis

About HDR, Inc.

HDR is a global employee-owned firm providing architecture, engineering, consulting, construction and related services through – Read more

HDR, Inc. Photos