Head Start

Head Start United States Employee Reviews

Program Assistant/I.T. (Current Employee), Richland, WAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: environment, pay, time off, flexible, personable
I absolutely love everything about this company, every one there is great to work with and they pay a fair wage. They post their job openings internally first so if any one wants to bump up there is almost always room for advancement.
loved this job.
teacher aid (Former Employee), PRFebruary 19, 2015
This is one of the jobs that i loved the most. Fun and a great experince working with kids. The supervisors are great. i would love to work with them again.
A great and fun place to work. A place to advance and grow.
Teacher (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day was working with the children and watching them learn and grow. It was great having a break in the summer and at holidays. The other adults I worked with were awesome.
Managed by the South Central Community Action Program
Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: children and families benefit from the head start program.
Cons: children and families receive less than is possible; sccap does not respect clientele or staff.
A difficult place to work because if interference from unscrupulous organizational practices.
The job was a great experience with working with the children but overall not a good workplace at that point in time.
Teacher assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the breaks were too short
> Everyday I would set up things such as breakfast and cirlce time with the lead techer and kinda discuss the plans for the day.

> I have learned how to interact with children and learn to have a lot of patient when its comes to children

> Management for the most part was very unorganized and not enough communications

> I had some nice co- workers and for the most part we work as a team

> Nothing was really hard about the job

> Working with children was the best part because there were alot of children that lack the love of their parents and i was able to make my kids day because i showed them the extra attention they needed
Good experience, enjoyable & rewarding
Head Teacher/supervisor (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: develop many types of skills and learning experiences
Cons: agencies communication skills with their employees are horrible, no insentives
I would join the team of Head Start again if I have the chance.
There is allot of office duties but not enough time to complete them and be in the classroom with the children.
The staff works well together but I would like to see more Agency togetherness.
loved this job
Substitute Teacher preschool (Current Employee), Elko, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: work with family's not just the children
Cons: never know when your lunch will be
i loved working with children their little minds just are just amazing to me.
a very accesible work schedule
Administrative/Parent Educator (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: work independently
Cons: no benefits
A job with good schedule but no benefits,
I liked it to be in contact with the families, and be able to help them and guide them about education and healthcare benefits.
Superior organization
Family Support / Parent Involvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2014
Helping children and families is what they are all about! Head Start is an excellent school/home based program that helps support children and their parents succeed in life. The program that I was responsible for helps parents not only connect with their children but stresses the importance of involvement in a child's life.
Productuve and fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), GARY INDIANADecember 7, 2014
A typical day at work consist of preparing the classroom for daily activities. I was also in charge of inputting data into Creative curriculum, Edeca, and promise. I planned all lesson plans and implemented them on a daily basis.
good company to work for.
bus driver (Current Employee), Uniontown, PANovember 27, 2014
A good place to work, I enjoy working with the staff and the children.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff and management.
Family and children working atmosphere. Strong need for collaborative work with staff, coworkers and community agencies
Director (Current Employee), PROctober 30, 2014
Pros: health insurance, continued training process
Cons: no retirement plan
My usual day began really early, reach the office before the staff, to read letters, memos and other documents. Write instructions or guidance for the secretaries to follow and implement. Having an open door policy lead me to meet with parents, Policy Council and Governing Board members as well as formal and informal meetings with staff. Make call to provide follow-up to program needs. Work closely with the Human Resources Director to make decisions concerning staff and procedures and with the Public Works Directors of three Municipalities for facilities maintenance, repairs and improvements, Provide follow-up to written plans and request evidence of follow-up by staff.
I've learned that everyone around me can teach me something every day and that's the fun part of working with so many people. The hardest part is having to make disciplinary decisions that may lead to the termination of the persons contract. However, I've also learned that a well written supervisory file speaks for itself. After written plans to improve and evidence training and technical assistance to staff are made all the parts have to work for the achievement of the plan.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working and meeting new people. In the 3 programs we meet and share the developmental process of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their parents. Watching their progress and listening to their stories are a positive boost and motivation for me.
IT Support
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 29, 2014
Internship
Disassembled, troubleshot, and repaired the following PC hardware: Motherboards, processor, hard drive, floppy drive, CD drive, power supply, IDE Cables, SATA Cables, fans, NICs, Video cards, sound cards, memory, keyboards, mouse, monitors, speakers. Upgraded more than 100 computers with new Operating Systems (Windows 7). Configured Computer Images for future deploy utilizing Windows Deployment Services (WDS), configured servers with new Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008) and Hard Drive Devices. Configured Email and Internet connectivity for end users. Created users in Active Directory.
fantastic oppertuitys with these bright youngsters
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: loved learning with the the little ones
Cons: down sizing !!
the children were so busy learning in their playing It was amazing to watch ! management did a great job.
Volunteered in classrooms
Volunteer (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDOctober 8, 2014
worked with the children in:
reading
math
science
writing
story time
tying shoes
Really hard to leave head start, like family
Family Advocate (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNOctober 7, 2014
Cons: travel, pay, benefits
Great co-workers, you really connect with co-workers. Still find ways to collaborate and visit with past co-workers
I was the consultant dietitian
Consultant Dietitian (Former Employee), Sparks, NVSeptember 19, 2014
I analyzed diet & anthropometrics for Head Start children at 21 tribal clinics. I provided recommendations to parents and staff. I created nutrition education materials for parents.
Salon striking kinds of experiences
Teacher (Former Employee), PRAugust 28, 2014
Pros: health plan
Cons: shedules
A workplace in which we offered various educational activities for kids. We performed daily plans to work with children. Some times the hardest part was getting parents to be involved in activities at the center.
Nice place to work at
Teacher (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHAugust 20, 2014
Great management, lots of professional training programs, great team, appreciative families
Amazing
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYAugust 15, 2014
This place was amazing, new people and new environment for me. I learned many different things in this place. I do love this place and would hope to find something like this some where else, its too bad im moving out of the state because I would have never left!

1 2 3 4