Headquarters Employee Reviews in United States

Very good job experience
Plumbing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2016
A good company to work for if you like New Construction but didn't take the time to teach anyone that didn't have enough knowledge in the plumbing field. They didn't have any benefits to offer so if you got hurt its on you...
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
No benefits, Won't teach
Daily professional and high quality customer service.
Company Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Company provides professional and high quality of customer service for over 200 soldiers. The place is quite stressful and the duration of work is long.
Pros
1 hour and 30 mins lunches
Cons
stressful and long duration of work
The most challenging and rewarding position I've ever had.
AERIAL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 22, 2015
This position taught me how to balance a multitude of management expectations, as well as time/resource/personnel management requirements. Not only was this a very difficult position to maintain, but I loved it! I was always busy, always working, and worked my butt off. In a nutshell, I was required to facilitate contracts for airborne operations and plan, resource, and execute these contracts allowing 800 personnel to jump out of airplanes over drop zones all over Fort Bragg in day and night time operations.
Additionally, I managed these operations and oversaw all the personnel who conducted various duties. These included the jumpmasters in the aircrafts, the Drop Zone Safety Officers on the drop zone and advising the Airborne Commander (usually this was an individual who outranked me by time in grade and time in service).
This was, without a doubt, the most rewarding logistics and operations management position I've ever had.
Pros
Achieved the trust from my superiors and they never looked over my shoulder
Cons
North Carolina summers are not forgiving!
Department of Defense civilian employee
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 20, 2015
Employer offers non competitive opportunities for military service members. Offering higher than average wages. Gained tremendous skills while employed there.
Unique work environment with valuable experience
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 18, 2012
The hours were long, and I learned much here they were eager to train and stand beside the soldiers/ employees. The most valuable attribute I gained from this company was learning a skill that could be useful as I transition now much later on back into the civilian sector. Working alongside my co-workers was stressful at times but then again no one is perfect.
Pros
pros good benefits and travel
Cons
like any job it could be stressful and the hours long
Intense.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2015
Brutal hours and steady, intense pressure. However, like all Marine jobs, rewarding. Characteristic of all Marine organizations, great teammates: hardworking, professional, and competent people to share the load were found in every department.
Very good place to work. The company understands the need to balance work and home life
Logistics supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 29, 2012
Worked for this company for six years prior to retirement. Advancements came as promised. Supervisors were always willing to work with employees when time for family needs arose
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
short notice travel, required to work one weekend a month
Volunteer Campaign Manager for Elizabeth Warren (Former Employee) –  boston maJuly 2, 2015
I liked helping out for Ed Markey and volunterring my time, but i did not like the management, or the co workers. I did like that i was organzing and joining events and meeting him. The hard part was getting to talk to voters and tell them to vote for ed. Also, it had to input the data into excel as i was the data entry manager for it.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 6, 2015
I belong to a senior Army organization responsible for training Army National Guard and Army Reserve units from across the East Coast out to the Mississippi River. We have trainer is six states who mentor other senior leaders to they are prepared to deploy overseas.

I am a senior Human Resources staff officer leader and manager. We have an excellent leadership climate and culture throughout the organization. Due to significant Army downsizing efforts, I am co-leading operational and human capital efforts to rearrange talent and drawdown the headquarters location over the next six months. Working with all types of employee challenges, I have personally led this change management initiative and have had positive success in adjusting the culture of the organization, moved it to the new normal, and have all personnel working towards our new goals. My co-workers are hard-charging like myself but have other agendas that focus differently than on people issues.

I have found that having very open communication channels, a supportive leadership, and consistent updates to personnel assists in the efforts. We are able to conduct all the massive change without impacting the mission of all of our subordinate organizations, creating as seamless an operation as possible.

Leaning forward with the strategic plan, involving the leadership early, and working hard to take care of our personnel has proven to be the winning strategy. This has proven to be the toughest part and is the most enjoyable when you can truly help others move in their profession.

I have honed my skills as a
  more... strategic partner through this change management undertaking, ensuring my plan was nested in the General's plan; in fact, much of the unit plan surrounded my proposal on how to transform our personnel out of the organization while still maintaining our mission capabilities and was approved by my General. Influencing the senior decision maker and gaining decisions that help the people in the organization is definitely the most enjoyable part of this job. It is my passion to see HR actions like these prevail and set great standards by which we can be measured.  less
Pros
Culture, Personnel, Fast Decision Making, Successful Change
Cons
Downsizing, Uneasiness with Change, Transition of Mission
Productive fast paced work environment
Contingency Branch Action Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work included opening/closing classified materials safe, reviewing and following up with current missions and preparing for upcoming missions, to include coordination with host nation countries and embassy's located at the mission site. Reviewed and managed all travel costs and finances associated with Military Working Dog( MWD) Handlers and K-9's. Managed all after action reports generated by MWD handlers and corrected any shortfalls with US Secret Service, and Dept. of State. Maintained database identifying and following up with any Security Forces Airmen injured in combat. Management was great and allowed us to complete the job and only required daily out brief. The hardest part of the job was getting our MWD's into and out of certain countries. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to think on the fly while maintaining global mission readiness.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
limited manpower to accompish mission allowed for short breaks and heavy workload.
Leadership Role
Administrator and Training Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 10, 2014
A typical day starts of with reviewing all reports from previous day from all section leaders in order to modify, create, or issue the training programs required for the new day or the rest of the work week. Learned that younger Marines were more eager to learn or pick up a leadership role, to train other Marines and take responsibility for their own decision making process. Knowing that I cannot make a difference in all my Junior Marines lives always drives me to push harder on the ones that I come in contact with. Best part of the job is giving the younger Marines to take the leadership roles to signed up for when they joined the Marine Corps.
Pros
younger marines taking the leadership lead.
Long hours, much travel, rewarding
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES (MILITARY) ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 31, 2014
Rewarding mission, organizational leadership has high turn over leading to uncertainty.
Pros
travel and perdiem
The Best Company
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2013
I love everything about AAA Carolinas Headquarters. My Boss was awesome. My sole responsibility was to book travel, mostly by internet, or multi-line phone. We had support people to take care of all the paper work after booking was complete. Bonus commission after you made a certain amount of revenue, but not required. You received 10% on what you made anyway. I miss my job, my boss, but relocated to Florida, don't regret it.
Pros
everything
Cons
i moved
Operation Management
Logistics Plans Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Coordinated consistently with other subordinate companies and created a atmosphere that resulted in numerous accomplishments.
U.S. Army North
Logistics (Current Employee) –  U.S. Army North Fort Sam Houston, TXAugust 30, 2012
U.S. Army North is one of the most exciting organizations in the Army. It has a non-traditional Army mission that directly supports the American people.
Pros
provides direct support to americans in ned.
Cons
may require deployment to disaster sites.
Fast pace environment.
AC-130 Command Flight Engineer Functional Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 3, 2013
The pace is never-ending due to the evolution of new weapon systems. Everyone realizes that the command is growing and the troops are younger, making the tasks ever more critical.
Very fast paced office enviorment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2012
I loved doing this job administration in the United States Army was fun I became a Military Police shortly after this and I liked helping soldiers pay and personal issues
U.S. Army
Flight Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALMay 29, 2014
Army is a tough job phsically and mentally. I had great times and bad times, I deployed overseas twice and was away from my family a lot.
Tough place, fun place
Fiscal & Publications Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 18, 2013
5th Marines is the most decorated Regiment in the Marine Corps. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was proud of everything we accomplished.
the great place
Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 8, 2014
HISTORY OF THE GREAT PLACE

Sixty years ago minimum wage was 30 cents per hour, a gallon of gas cost 19 cents and there were only 48 stars on the American Flag.
It was also sixty years ago that 108,000 acres of central Texas land was transformed from rural farming land into Camp Hood, home of the Tank destroyer Tactical and Firing Center.
World War II was blazing and tank destroyers, mobile anti-tank guns on armored half-tracks, were developed to go against the Germans who were over running Europe.
These destroyers needed space and the central Texas location could provide that needed space.
The roughly 300 families that resided in the chosen area were relocated and replaced with nearly 38,000 troops. The number of soldiers multiplied until it peaked at almost 95,000 in less than one year’s time.
A shift in Camp Hood’s mission brought about by the end of the war caused the number of soldiers to drop.
Eight years after its official opening, Camp Hood became a permanent installation and was renamed Fort Hood.
Fort Hood is now the largest active duty armored post in the U.S. Armed Services. It is home to two full divisions, 1st Cavalry Division and 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized).
It also supports 12 additional units. There are about 41,000 soldiers who work on Fort Hood.
The soldiers of Fort Hood are infantrymen, cavalrymen, and tankers. They are engineers, mechanics and health care professionals. They are the life of Fort Hood. Their training gives Fort Hood its purpose just as Camp Hood soldiers did 60 years ago. They are part of what has made Fort Hood “The Great Place” for
  more... six decades.  less