Headway Workforce Solutions Employee Reviews

Temporary position. Excellent work environment and coworkers!
Recruiter (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working with Headway. The people there are really nice, and they make you feel like a valuable part of the team. They also have a Spirit Committee, which helps you stay engaged with work activities. A lot of side perks to working with the company.
Pros
Free lunches, free downtown parking, free Durham Bulls tickets.
Cons
Temp position, no benefits
Recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Great company to work for. As a recruiter it was especially nice having my skills acknowledged by management. Great training and a close friendly place.
Pros
Great people work here. Many free lunches.
Cons
Pay could be a bit more competative
temporary service
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 24, 2017
I was recruited to work for Genworth within the Life New Business division. My fellow recruits were well qualified and some were also hired by Genworth.
Great
School-Based therapist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 13, 2017
I am a current school-based therapist with Headway. They are an exceptional company and I enjoy working here. This position is autonomous, which I appreciate. I would like more compensation, but it is on par with the market-rate. They do offer less PTO than other companies but you have the option to not work in the summer, so it balances out. I have a great supervisor, the School-based therapist network is tight, due to our often "man on an island" situations.
Pros
managerial support, autonomous, great schools
Cons
less PTO
Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYDecember 27, 2016
This company was very unorganized never meet the manager. Was always texting and asking questions and being concerned about sales but never had enough staff to make enough money. There we times I was by myself couldn't use the bathroom because I couldn't leave the kiosk. Just a horrible experience!
Pros
Discount, samples taste good
Cons
Poor scheduling, very unorganized
Fun, Professional, Interesting.
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Kentucky and surrounding statesDecember 20, 2016
This is my second project over the past year with Headway over the past year. I'm blessed to have found them. The work has been super interesting, socially positive, and flexible to meet my needs. Also they pay well and on time.
Pros
Flexible, interesting, and represents socially positive work.
Cons
None that I can see
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
this is a temp agency that will find you a job in NY, I know that they were my first position, a great place to start, especially when you come out of school
I liked the work
Research Associate/Lead Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2016
The company I worked for was okay, but Headway had very little involvement. In Field Interviewing I got to set my own hours. It is rewarding work and you feel you are making a difference by collecting data for research that can improve people's lives. There is little job security and no benefits, vacation pay, or paid time off and the work can be dangerous as you are going into strangers' homes and in most cases nobody knows where you are. You have to like meeting people, collecting data and setting your own schedule. The work can be very rewarding. You have to work weekends, and evenings--even in the winter when it is dark. You have to be careful and sure-footed, able to tolerate heat and cold because you have to work in all kinds of weather. Some studies encourage you to work holidays because that is when you find people at home. It is a great job for someone working on their Master's Degree or someone with young children where they have to be available during the day. Many field interviewers are retired from jobs like teaching or social work.
Pros
I set my own hours and the work was rewarding
Cons
No benefits, little opportunity for advancement, and you have to work in all kinds of conditions
Staffing company
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 8, 2016
I was a Temporary employee stationed at another location. My recruiter was helpful, professional and well informed. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if I'd obtain a full time job with their services.
great place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
this agency provided me with different jobs and tasks throughout the work day. it gave me a better idea of what I really want to pursue as a job., I definitely recommend it if you are unaware of what you want to do
Pros
diverse environment, great place to work
Cons
busy, can be hectic
Good job, & pay. Horrible regional management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 12, 2016
Actually loved the job itself. It was great personal advancement in my management career and my associates were friendly, and dedicated to the sales goals just as much as me.
However, regional and area managers were horrible. I basically ran the entire store myself with my team and only saw my manager once during the whole season. When we ran out of necessities, they wouldn't even come. Told me to buy needed items and would reimburse me but never did. I managed to be the top store in my area my first sesaon which entitled me to bonuses but last day said there was a complaint but could never showed proof, just said I would not recieve bonuses and they could not speak to me anymore. When attempted to contact Workforce, no one was available or returned my messages or emails. Definitely wouldnt do again.
Pros
Great pay, hours, and team members
Cons
Area and Regional management
Very relaxing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 8, 2016
I worked for Headway Staffing a staffing company that placed in side of Panasonic Customer Call Center. This was a great place to work and recommend to everyone to apply for this company.
i worked short-term for them
Tester (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed the experience very much, The people were helpful and clear with expectations. Megan was a joy to work with . Payroll was prompt and not complicated.
Pros
payroll
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2016
Headway was a fantastic place to work especially for someone new to recruiting. Management and coworkers are very willing to share information so that employees can quickly learn how to be effective. The culture is very positive, and promotes a cooperative work environment with out completely stifling competition/
Productive Temporary Job
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 29, 2016
it was a temporary job placement agency, however within the corporation things seem well maintained and organized. I enjoyed my placements but I was looking for something more permanent.
Friendly Environment with warm and welcoming team.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2016
I learned a great deal with this company. I will take what I have learned and utilize it not only in my work, but in my personal life as well. The hardest part of the job was speaking with someone who really wanted and needed a job, but was turned down because of either their lack of relevant skills, or because they had no degree. My goal is to be able to help whoever, wherever I can.
Pros
Wonderful Team Mates
Very disappointed
Mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2016
I was contacted regarding a job which was part time.i understood the hours and length of job..but 9 hours before I showed up I received an email stating that the job supplies wasn't there..now if I hadn't email regarding an other issue is question if I would have been contacted about not to show up..this went on for 2 days about no work.finally email was the job was full.after I was hired for the job..I'm upset because I pasted up 2 other job offers due to me given accepting the job with this company..I found it very rude I was only given a 9 hour notice not to show up.then a 11hour notice of the same..never again will I pass up another offer to work for this company..especially when the day before I was given the directions of the location...GET IT TOGETHER..PEOPLE NEED JOBS AND THIS COMPANY HELD ME UP..
Pros
Close to home .great hours
Cons
Promise of job not met.short notice not to show up
Fun job, nightmare revival manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 30, 2016
Regional manager is like no other person I have worked with. She was a complete nightmare. I felt like I was dealing with a rude, manipulative, lying teenager.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Regional manager
Gave me more experience about the job title
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  philippinesAugust 30, 2016
Work started at 8:00 in the morning, check email, answer all the important mails. check the all the invoices that needs to be process, need a time to talk to the end users regarding all past delivery for me to start processing the payments for all the vendors. I've learned a lot from this company because all my superior was being so generous to share what they have learned from the company.My co workers were so nice and we are always supportive to each and everyone we're like a family. and the mos t enjoyable part is when the president and my superior appreciate all my hardwork and loyalty,
Pros
getting bonuses at the end of the year
Cons
no health insurance
Unorganized corporate BS
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 23, 2016
Do not work for this company. Run the other direction. Managers help themselves and could care less about their clients. Need to get their act together.
Pros
Paid for mileage
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Headway Workforce Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9