Headway Workforce Solutions

Headway Workforce Solutions Employer Reviews

Good place to start
Recruiter & Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 16, 2014
Headway is a great place to being a recruiting career. Management genuinely cares about you and helps you to succeed.
Ipsos/Reuters vote count project
Election Agent (Former Employee), Doral, FLNovember 20, 2014
Working on this project was such a exciting and memorable experience for me. Every one was so helpful as well.
Great Job for college students who need some extra cash
Election Agent (Current Employee), Conyers, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: the event is only one day
The duties of this job is clearly stated and very easy to comprehend, compensation is very good as well. This position is convenient and user friendly. This allows one to go beyond the scenes and see what work has to be done on the night of the election.
A "nice to have" not a "got to have"
Business Development (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: birthdays are celebrated each month, no shortage of team work, team building events
Cons: amount of work does not equal amount of pay
While Headway certainly tries to be relevant in today's world the tiny niche, and easily replaced services they offer make selling their services a grinding venture. On top of that the management team seems to be just as lost as a new hire in many facets. While the team you work with are certainly energetic and trying to make things happen, the very – more... seasonal nature of the job is a bit daunting. As a sales professional, I would suggest looking else where. – less
don't depend on them to represent you in any way
Technical database reviewer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2014
Pros: none that i experienced
Cons: poor management, lack of interest in their employees, screwed up paychecks, incompetence
I worked for Headway for over 3 years, one of the most unorganized and incompetent companies ever!. They do not represent you or look out for your best interests at all even though you are basically their employee, they side with the company you are contracted with. You rep constantly changes and you are never informed. Emails with questions go unanswered – more... for months, paychecks are constantly screwed up, they give the excuse of a reorganization, but I honestly think they just have no idea what they're doing. One of the reasons I left my contract position of over 3 yrs was because of them, just couldn't deal with their incompetence anymore. – less
Life a recruiter
Interview Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2014
Lots of calls and screening potential applicants to fill open positions.
Management and HR are all contract workers, not very good their job
Data Collection (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 7, 2014
Temp job promised work that did not materialize; emails and phone calls are nor answered; unprofessional, lack of expertise. many errors made due to lack of attention to detail.

They don't seem to care about employees
Great Work Environment
V.O.P Accounts (Vendor On Premises) (Current Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 14, 2014
Daily Responsibilities are to manage and assist with the management of contingent workforce staffed to client positions. Recruiting contingent workforce to fill client open positions. Process payroll for weekly hours worked for contingent workforce.
Work was great.
GE Contact Underwriter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good locations.
Cons: not a full time employee
Work with many mortgage banker. Love my job. Lots of work. Enjoyed meeting new people.
Productive high pace work environment
Recruiting Administrator (Current Employee), Hampton, VADecember 18, 2013
Cons: healthcare sucks when your a temp, i don't get any vacation time or sick leave
I love the team I work with they always keep me laughing. I have learned so much from this company as how to interact with vendors on an executive level.
What do they actually do?
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Philadelphia Area, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: everything else
I have a temporary seasonal job for Headway at a mall kiosk. I run it and have been trying to deal with payroll issues for over a week. One gentleman has not been paid even though he has paystubs, another gentleman is now in the same boat. Another employee is still missing hours from a past check.

I try to call Human Resources and all calls go to the – more... same person. That's right, ONE PERSON. She doesn't even answer and she clearly refuses to actually call anyone back. This is not right, nor fair. I've given out of my own pocket to an employee just so they can pay for the bus to get to and from work. That's right, they still come work even though no one is bothering to pay them, they are at wits end and so am I. – less
Looking for Respect, and mobility do not look here.
Shared Services Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2013
This company does not respect their employees. Not only is the pay grade way below industry standards, but you are belittled everyday. They have unreliable tools to do your job but they still expect unrealistic outcomes.
Ok for Temporary Work.
Station Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: pay is decent and competitive.
Cons: location of office and personnel are questionable.
Headway offers decent competitive salaries, and is a good company to work for if your looking for something temporary.
Temporary
Assembler (Former Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good pay as long as your not a temp
Cons: lay offs
Learning something new is always good and to learn about airplane parts was fascinating. Moving up in that environment can be good if you are a quick learner. Very good job for the right person!
No job stability or security. Don't waste your time working here.
Recruiter (Former Employee), raleigh, ncSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: good place to learn the basics of recruiting. nice work location in downtown raleigh.
Cons: not based on your performance, based on if you are a favorite employee, underpaid, no job stability, etc...
I worked here for 6 months.

This place makes recruiting feel like a call center job. Too much emphasis on number of submittals, rather than quality of submittals, phone time.

Pay. All employees are grossly underpaid here at Headway. Entry level, expect $10 an hour. If you have mid-level experience, your salary will cap at about $30k. If you are the – more... executive's favorites, you may be an exception to this rule.They use the word "bonus" to entice you, but don't let it fool you. The bonus is based on the health of the entire company, rather than your own personal performance. They also tell you when you are hired that if make it a year, you can become full-time permanent...which is a lie. When I was there, many employees worked there over a year and was consider temporary still.

Training: no real stucture on training. They throw you on a project, throw you in front of a computer, and show you a couple things, a couple times...but expect you deliver high submittals daily. So most time you are spent figuring out everything yourself.

Work: Here you have can expect to be a call center receptionist, recruiter, sourcing specialist, trainer, payroll specialist all while the people there with these actual positions sit there all day and take long lunch breaks, leave early and don't help you when you ask them to do their job position.

This company has a high turnover rate. Once you work there for a day, you will see why. – less
A nice company to work for.
Cashier/Retail Sales (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2013
Headway hired me to work for Borders Books, in a Day by Day Calendar kiosk, at the Burlington Mall; I was a cashier/retail salesperson.

I have no complaints.
Beware!
Survey worker (Former Employee), Mountain StatesAugust 27, 2013
They make great promises but don't deliver.

They had me in "training" to learn how to do surveys, but they use two different computers to log information and never showed us how to use the second computer.

WHY THE DEVIL DO THEY NEED TWO COMPUTERS, UNLESS THEIR PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM JUST ONE?

Very rude trainers, unprofessional and obnoxious.
Don't work here.
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee), raleigh, ncAugust 5, 2013
I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros – Good place to learn the basics of recruiting. Nice work location in downtown Raleigh.

Cons – In a nutshell, they don't really care about developing their employees. Once you are put into a position, expect to stay there for your term at Headway. After three months – more... of working there, I begged for more responsibilities, which I have not gotten.

Job itself. This place makes recruiting feel like a call center job. Too much red tape, talk about number of submittals, rather than quality of submittals, phone time. Not really why I got into recruiting.

Pay. All employees are grossly underpaid here at Headway. Entry level, expect $10 an hour. If you have mid-level experience, your salary will cap at about $30k. If you are the executive's favorites, you may be an exception to this rule.They use the word "bonus" to entice you, but don't let it fool you. The bonus is based on the health of the entire company, rather than your own personal performance. In a year and a half I've received only two bonuses. While they've been good about raises in the past, a shift in management seems to have caused the lack of raises this past review period.

Management: In one word. Malicious. Edging someone out of the company because they disagree with your opinion, lying to convince someone to decline a job offer and stay with the company without any intention of keeping promises. No personal investment in their employees professional growth. Micromanagement to the point where it you spend more time following up with them than actually doing your job. Zero communication from upper management about transitions within the company. These are just a few of the things I have seen.

Advice to Senior Management – Start caring about your employees. As you read all of these other reviews, they all have a common element. People are leaving the company all over the place and you have to wonder why. Invest in their growth, listen to their concerns. Pay your employees for the kind of work you expect from them. Your employees are what makes your company run, not the executives. Do something to retain them or they will all leave. – less
Data Entry
Scanner/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 21, 2013
Pros: paid ok
Cons: no benefits, no raises, no advancement in the company.
I would come into work, Punch in. I would ask my supervisor, what should i get started with. Most of the time, I would sit, pull staples out of account paperwork. Then i would scan the paperwork into our data system, and correct the errors.
Great and friendly staff, horrible regional manager.
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Dartmouth, MAApril 7, 2013
Pros: product discount, good pay
Cons: unorganized financial structure
As the manager at this mall, I had a fun time actually on the job, but dealing with how unorganized MY boss was most certainly a nightmare.