Heald College

Heald College United States Employee Reviews

Great management and co-workers.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 15, 2015
Heald College is very diverse and has great management. My co-workers were always friendly and approachable. Working at Heald College taught me how to be even more flexible and understanding.
Caring, tough, supportive, changes lives, jump start for students who thought they would give up.
Instructor (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Faculty with masters and doctorate degrees and work place experience
Cons: None
Heald College is an exceptional learning institution. They serve a niche of students who want to get into a professional career and do not have the means to attend a four year college. These are often the under served students in most communities. Heald has done a marvelous job for 150 years teaching, supporting and guiding these students.
My experience at Heald College
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 15, 2015
About 90% of my day is spent on the phone, unless I have potential students to interview for acceptance. Prior to Heald College, I had 7 years of customer service experience, which plays a big role with what I currently do now. I've learned to become a much better critical thinker. Also, we are able to manage ourselves here. Management plays a big role in helping to motivate us to achieve our personal goals. As for my coworkers, this place (byfar) has some of the best people I've ever met, and that has been difficult to find. The most difficult part of this job is being on the phones for the majority of my day, but the best part is assisting students achieve their goals.
Family Environment
Financial Aid Advisor II (Current Employee), Stockton, CAApril 15, 2015
A typical day at the job is for me to come in and assist students. Enjoying the company of my co-workers. The most hardest part of this job was the hours sometimes.
Uncertainty Abound
Career Service Advisor (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Serving an underserved population.
Cons: Uncertainty with closure of the school.
If Heald is able to be sold to another entity, it will hopefully return to its past glory. It is a great place to work and makes a difference serving the community at large.
There are some changes to the curriculum for each major that need to be completed immediately to make our graduates more marketable and competitive in the workplace/job market, but Heald has done a pretty good job overall in developing industry-ready talent.
Heald College
Sr. Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 13, 2015
Heald College is a good company with mangement that understands the value of family. I've learned different aspects of management as well as how to multi-task and be effective.
I love working at Heald College in Roseville
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 13, 2015
I have been a Dental Assisting Instructor for Heald College since they started the program in 2013. It has been a pleasure working for them.

Prior to the DA program, I taught in their Medical front office and billing department.
Fulfulling Work - Family Oriented Environment
President's Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 11, 2015
Heald College is a place where employees are encouraged to advance and expand their abilities and opportunities. Directors are there to not just manage, but mentor their employees.
I like what I do
Faculty (Current Employee), San JoseApril 9, 2015
Pros: You do really change peoples lives. Faculty really cares about the students. Good instructors.

Cons: School is under CCi ownership. Once the school can get away from CCi things should improve. CCi has been a poison for all of the schools it purchased. For profit, publicly traded companies should never be allowed to purchase schools.
Professional work enviornment
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 1, 2015
professional dress attire everyday- suit and tie for men. very easy job that doesn't cause much physical or mental exhaustion.
Admissions Advisor
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), San Francisco CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Nothing great to say about this school.
Cons: No breaks at all.
Terrible school to work for. Very unprofessional environment. They treat their employees very bad and low standards. Lack of training.
Great place to work and grow
Instructor/Medical Department (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 22, 2015
The relationships with instructors and administrative staff is great. The majority of staff is very supportive and helpful. There is a lot of team building things that we do at our all staff meetings.
Office Assistant for Financial Aid Department while attending college
Financial Aide Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 17, 2015
Excellent place to work while attending Heald College. Was able to practice my office skills on a daily basis part time but still have time to go to class and complete my homework.
Challenging and Rewarding Learning Institution
Online Coordinator (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 28, 2015
Throughout the day at Heald Honolulu, there was a continuous stream of tasks and projects that needed to be completed. There was never a dull moment. Helping students, academically and on a personal level, was the purpose and driving force of our jobs. The hardest part of the job was mentoring students that were struggling with hardships outside of the classroom. Because of the demographic of students that Heald Honolulu serves, I constantly advised students that were in need of financial, housing, and childcare assistance. It was difficult to see these students struggle but the most rewarding part was to see these same students make it to graduation and succeed.
Great experience dealing with challenging problems and been able to resolve some of them.
Assist student (Current Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great experiencing in a conducive working environment.
Cons: benefits
dealing with student technical problem was a good learning experience, resolving numerous technical issue with the networking system. researched and chaired in technical ideas with the IT department
Great Place to Work!!
Career Services Advisor II (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I loved the spirit of collaboration and hope that they continue to operate in the future.

I enjoyed how they allowed me full freedom to get our students employed.

Hours sometimes made it hard for a work/life balance
For-Profit Diploma Mill
Instructor (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: teaching and helping students
Cons: never knowing from one quarter to the next how many classes you would teach
Self-motivated students did well while unenthusiastic or marginal students faltered. Instructors were expected to keep underperforming students in class even though they were failing. If they quit and dropped out, we were expected to hound them to come back even though they had virtually no chance of graduating or even passing a class. Students meant money to the stock holders. Most of these students did not realize the amount of debt they were piling up. Even the students who did well and graduated were shocked at how much they owed in student loans.
More enjoyable prior to CCI ownership
I.T. Technician (Current Employee), MilpitasFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: coworkers are like family
Cons: cci ownership
The work/life balance has definitely decreased as staff members have decreased. CCI ownership is one of the worst things to ever happen to the Heald College brand.
Productive hardworking place
Career Services Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salida, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Heald College was a great place to work at, learned lots of professionalism working for the career services department.
I enjoy working at Heald because it is rewarding seeing my students succeed.
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: excellent training seminars with breakfast and/or lunch provided. very supportive program directors.
Cons: no benefits for adjunct instructors.
My typical work day begins with at least two hours of prep time so I can insure that the classes I teach run smoothly. What I've learned at Heald for the last four and a half years is to be prepared. Management at Heald is wonderful, as there is an open environment for communication. I enjoy the company of my co-workers as we help and support each other in all aspects of our employment environment. The hardest part of my job is saying good by to my student when they complete my classes. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my students on graduation night receiving their degrees. Another aspect of my career that is most enjoyable to me is when after my students graduate, they come back to see me and tell me about their lives.

1 2 3 4 5

About Heald College

Well heeled isn't a prerequisite for Heald College.┬áThe private non-profit career college offers associate degrees in applied – Read more

Heald College Salaries