Healdsburg District Hospital

Healdsburg District Hospital Employer Reviews

dysfunctional finance department
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), outer officeApril 3, 2014
Pros: for the most part all the staff were beautiful wonderful to work with
Cons: see above
You wonder why this hospital is in financial upheaval? The department is poorly managed.
I am concerned when an organization which is in such horrible financial shape allows a temp to hire employee dictate the hiring and letting go of personnel for fear of their own inadequacy and feeling threatened. When you are asked to come in and clean up a HUGE – more... mess and do it well considering the lack of tools ie a Computer, work space and then to be told your assignment is over is absolutely incomprehensible. If allowed to complete the work it would have made a very small dent in a very large problem. As long as you have CFO, and controller who treat individuals the way they do they will be hard pressed not to face a lawsuit or get people who want to work for this organization. Finding good help is difficult and when you let good help go to spite yourself that is just pure bad business. – less
Another very screwy district hospital.
Clinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee), LaboratoryMarch 29, 2014
Pros: cute little hospital, not too modern, decent pay and benifits.
Cons: nutty managers, usual crazy long term staff, not enough parking, high cost to live here!
There must be a formula for district hospitals: 40-60% annual employee turnover, but the worst ones never seem to go away. In my department, a new manager every 6 months and unending chaos. Old equipment, unsafe and non-ergonomic facility, a constant parade of travelers in and out, and no commitment to obtaining, training and retaining people who can – more... help the lab move forward. State and federal law requires labs to maintain adequate numbers of trained, competent, licensed staff, but no northern CA hospital in general or Healdsburg in particular ever seem to approach this. Churn and burn, hire and fire is the CEO's chant, but hey, they get sacked too! – less
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Healdsburg CASeptember 3, 2013
Healdsburg Hospital gave me my start, I learned alot with billing, correcting claims, and appeals.
Supportive work environment, all my coworkers are good people, management willing to mentor to help you succeed
CNA (Med-Surg) & Physician Billing Assistant (Current Employee), Healdsburg, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: friendly and easy to approach management
Cons: per diem means no healthcare benefits, smaller hospital has less opportunity for professional growth.
My typical day depends on if I will be working as a CNA or as a billing assistant.
As a CNA, it is a busy start running kind of position. I get report from the previous shift, prioritize my patients and patient care and begin by getting every patient's set of vitals for my nurses. Throughout the day, depending on my patient load, I provide personalized – more... patient care and assistance with ADLs, OT/PT and MDs and nursing staff as needed. I chart for my position. My day is fairly structured from the moment I walk on the floor in terms of what I am expected to do, I just decide when I will get it done during my shift.
As our physician billing assistant, I have a lot more freedom to form my day. I have a system set up by me that streamlines the process of getting the doctor's visits coded and posted in the hospital billing system. I have to communicate regularly with the physicians and my manager to keep the process running smoothly. I enjoy the independence this position provides.
I have learned in both positions to be a clear communicator with all care team providers. I have learned that only through working with the team can care be provided efficiently and properly for our patients. No one is an island at the hospital.
My management is supurb. I have an exceptional manager on the Med Surg floor who has counseled me through school to help me choose which specialty that challenges me and thrills me the most. My manager in billing is also fantastic. She has helped me to form my professional resume, offers career building advice, and has been nothing but supportive and appreciative of the new billing system I created for her office.
My co-workers are like family. I enjoy going to work because I get to work with good people.
The hardest part of my job is the sometimes frustrating lack of communication that can occur, causing a lapse in pt care, a mistake in my billing, or unfounded hurt feelings.
The best part of my job is having the opportunity to cross train in a couple different departments, building my skill set and creating new friendships with new coworkers. Also, the endless support I have received to continue my education to become an RN. – less
Great Company to work for
Admin.Assistant,Office Coordinator,Admiting Clerk (Former Employee), Healdsburg, CA 95448September 18, 2012
Pros: peaceful, great place to work.
Cons: we see alot of sick people with some ulgy wounds.
I currently work at the Wound Care Clinic for Healdsburg District Hospital. My Co Worker are friendlyand we work as a team. The Doctors are Great to work with too.
Bad Work Place
Lead Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Healdsburg, CASeptember 6, 2012
Cons: getting yelled at, no lunch or breaks
this is the worst place I have ever worked! I can not wait to leave. I do always provide exelant patient care regradless of how I am treated.