Healdsburg District Hospital Employee Reviews

Lots of change
Records Analyst Specialist (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAOctober 23, 2017
*Lots of upper management changes
*Lack of job security
*Great co-workers
*Great MDs and RNs
*Great ER dept.
*Great Surgery dept.
*Pay and benefits are good
*Good food
Small hospital
ICU and ER RN (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CASeptember 20, 2017
Eleven year history with HDH. Recent changes in reimbursement and management has lead to dissatisfaction.Loss of staff and scheduling discrepancies are current issues.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Poor morale
Not a great place to work
Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAAugust 24, 2017
This place is a joke. The administration and management is incompetent. I'm surprised this hospital is still open. They do have some great committed employees there, which they do not deserve. They promise a lot of things, but never deliver.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Management, Administration
Pay is low
LVN (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAAugust 17, 2017
Not enough pay. Great co-workers. Good learning experience. Disconnect between the other departments. Not much managerial support. Good for beginning nurses.
Healdsburg hospital is a sweet little hospital where everone knows yorur name
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJuly 9, 2017
Get report from night nurse and plan patient care around the needs of the patient.
Another EMR system.
That management works very close with the staff at the bedside.
Workplace culture is very personal because the hospital is so small.
the hardest part of working at such a small hospital is being on call a lot.
I truly enjoy working at the bedside interacting with the patient and family.
Pros
Small and personal
Cons
On call too much
a good place to grow
Nurse Manager of Med Surg & ICU (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJune 15, 2017
Healdsburg District Hospital is undergoing many changes. A good place to gain experience & find new opportunities. The staff is supportive and flexible.
Pros
flexible scheduling, helpful co-workers
Cons
reduced hours during low census
bad managment
Internal Medicine Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJune 5, 2017
Save yourself time and don't work for Healdsburg district hospital, the management is terrible. no training no communication. understaffed no doctors, really slow paced environment. treated unfairly. I would not recommend it to anyone, there are way better jobs out there with better management.
Pros
lunches
Cons
managment, job location, slow stability. rude managers.
Wonderful environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAMay 3, 2017
Healdsburg District hospital is a wonderful place to work. I love coming to work everyday knowing I am able to provide excellent care to patients and I work with the most amazing crew. I am especially proud of how much we are able to work out in the community.
Fun work place
LVN/LVN Nurse Specialist Sub-Acute Unit (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAMay 2, 2017
Fantastic co-workers. Management is supportive most of the time. Room for advancement if you're an RN. Work experience I would not have gotten anywhere else.
This Company does not give raises based on merit or job preformance
Certified Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg , Cloverdale Out Patient labApril 24, 2017
I decided to work at a small Hospital, as my last job was very fast paced all day and not flexable at all. I like what I do, I've been doing it for 42 years now, but looking for something part time in the afternoons, at a out Patient draw station.
Pros
flexable schredule, close to where I live
Cons
Don't pay well
Worse job ever
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 15, 2017
The management is terrible and the pay is very low. Please review glass door before you choose to work at this facility. I wish I would have before I wasted my time!!
Pros
Cons
Many
a previous job
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I was the first OT hired at Healdsburg Hospital many years ago- about 34- I worked with PT, speech, and with the hospital, we worked on IN-patient, rehab, out-patient and then home health
I worked for Healdsburg hospital in all areas of Occupational Therapy, and I still that it is my home hospital
I have not worked there for almost 10 years. I was at that time, working elsewhere, and was only called for weekend and holiday coverage
Pros
close to home
Cons
I left because not enough hours
I enjoyed my time working at the hospital, the environment was very fluid and everyone was very productive.
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Heladsburg, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I worked in housekeeping but I enjoyed working in the surgery department since in Mexico I was a nurse and worked in the surgical department.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Specialist/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAAugust 6, 2016
My Day starts out with checking on new orders for scheduling radiology appointments, from mammograms to MRI's. I request for authorization when needed. I also help register for admitting and Emergency room. I have done referrals and worked in Behavioral Health. I help translate when needed and assist in anything that I can. My coworkers are easy going and we are all teamplayers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when everything is ready, and running smooth and other people can notice.
Family/fun work place
Admitting/Financial Counselor/OR Secretary (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAApril 13, 2016
Everyone was treated like family, it was a pleasure and honor to have been able to work there. Work environment was great
Pros
Noticed by CEO
Cons
Current Administration & Board destroyed trust and camaraderie of Hospital Teams
Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAFebruary 7, 2015
IT Team,was focused and strong in work effort considering how little support we were given. It was sad we were dismantled.
Pros
We got a lot done, camaraderie was great
Cons
No Money to get projects done, Administration didn't understand big picture
No job security. good place to work if YOU love gossip,back stabbing, job snatching.
Registered Nurse. (Former Employee) –  HealdsburgMay 22, 2014
Don't do it.very bias Administration. Poor management.Seen people afraid to speak up intimidated by coworkers and Friends of Administration. Lots of kissing up.love my patients and Hospital location. Pay ok .could have better parking. I feel more job security in larger Hospital. More jobs to go around. People not trying to go after your job.unlike small hospital.
Pros
Small Hospital. some decent employees.
Cons
Every one scared to speak up due to being fired.
dysfunctional finance department
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  outer officeApril 3, 2014
You wonder why this hospital is in financial upheaval? The department is poorly managed.
I am concerned when an organization which is in such horrible financial shape allows a temp to hire employee dictate the hiring and letting go of personnel for fear of their own inadequacy and feeling threatened. When you are asked to come in and clean up a HUGE mess and do it well considering the lack of tools ie a Computer, work space and then to be told your assignment is over is absolutely incomprehensible. If allowed to complete the work it would have made a very small dent in a very large problem. As long as you have CFO, and controller who treat individuals the way they do they will be hard pressed not to face a lawsuit or get people who want to work for this organization. Finding good help is difficult and when you let good help go to spite yourself that is just pure bad business.
Pros
for the most part all the staff were beautiful wonderful to work with
Cons
see above
Another very screwy district hospital.
Clinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) –  LaboratoryMarch 29, 2014
There must be a formula for district hospitals: 40-60% annual employee turnover, but the worst ones never seem to go away. In my department, a new manager every 6 months and unending chaos. Old equipment, unsafe and non-ergonomic facility, a constant parade of travelers in and out, and no commitment to obtaining, training and retaining people who can help the lab move forward. State and federal law requires labs to maintain adequate numbers of trained, competent, licensed staff, but no northern CA hospital in general or Healdsburg in particular ever seem to approach this. Churn and burn, hire and fire is the CEO's chant, but hey, they get sacked too!
Pros
Cute little hospital, not too modern, decent pay and benifits.
Cons
Nutty managers, usual crazy long term staff, not enough parking, high cost to live here!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg CASeptember 3, 2013
Healdsburg Hospital gave me my start, I learned alot with billing, correcting claims, and appeals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healdsburg District Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9