Health & Human Services Comm Employee Reviews

I enjoy helping others
Texas Works Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Responsible for determining eligibility for food stamps and Medicaid
Conducted interviews with consumers
Compiled information and entered it into data base
being able to get benefits approve to help a family in need
Food stamp Office, Run
Texas Works Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
They have made this place out of a call center. They micro manage you like crazy. They do not respect the employers and upper management show favoritism and are bullies. The pay sucks and you only get paid once a month. Please don't do it, run to another job, the state of texas is a horrible horrible place to work.
Pros
Retirement System
Cons
Micro-management, horrible supervisors, low morale
Nice employees
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2016
The manager was great and we had our own team. We worked as a team and supervisor rewarded those that deserved it. Great to help the community
Underpaid and Stressful
medical eligibility specialist I (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXDecember 7, 2016
This job is very stressful. i am quoting all upper management when i say this their motto is "quality over quantity" The system they use to train their employees is horrible. You are sent away to train for weeks at a time and you pretty much learn nothing that has to do with what you will be dealing with at the office the supervisor in Harlingen tx is new and doesn't know what she is doing. Once you return from training you are left to drown, little help is offered and the turnover rate is extremely High.
benefits
Cons
no breaks. Micromanagement
Case librarian
Case librarian (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 27, 2016
As A case librarian I would work with 12,000 secured welfare cases I would file the cases alpha numeric scan them in and out of the case library And deliver them to the case managers /recollect And refill alpha numeric
Pros
Feeling needed
Cons
I worked threw a temp service
most stressful place to work because of supervisors.
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 10, 2016
Most unbelievable environment to work in. Management just stay in their offices & do not make sure employees are doing their job. They have ways to monitor; but employees figure out how to beat the system. They do not have people skills & avoid confrontation; even when necessary. They do not promote a friendly work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but benefits.
High Stress, No Support From Management
Texas Works Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Very high stress. Management sets extremely unrealistic goals that pertain to everyone but them. Racial tension in west Texas as most of management is Hispanic and favor Hispanic applicants/clients. Forget about support from management because you won't get it. The supervisor in the Midland office is particularly extremely difficult to work with and for. She has been caught multiple times being dishonest on a personal and professional level. This position has an extremely high turnover. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Pros
Your own office. A lot of time off because everyone always calls in.
Cons
Everything.
Collaborative Enviornment
Vendor Drug Program (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working for HHSC is knowing that each worker makes a difference in a Texans daily life. The collaboration between all levels of the organization work together to improve the lives of the individuals we serve.
Good job if you don't have kids or a life
Texas Works Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
High stress level, Training is about 10 weeks away from your family if you don't live in a big city & you have to travel. Luckily the state pays for the training, hotels and food, but if you claim mileage good luck getting it within 3 months. Some sups are good, some are horrible just like any other job. They want you to operate like a robot, just get the applications & interviews done. They tell you that you have sick time to use, but don't use it because you will get backlash from everyone even if you have a Dr's excuse. Overtime not really paid out as time and a half like other jobs. Still haven't understood how exactly they come up with the pay. Raises are seldom. The job used to be enjoyable knowing that you were helping families truly in need, now its all about the numbers. Be ready to produce like no other.
Pros
good pay, benefits, help families in need
Cons
stressful, don't care about family, not understanding
Challenging position in a growth-oriented organization, which offers diverse job responsibility and the potential for advancement.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2016
My passion is work on this position, I have learned about sales, Networking, etc. I can be of great utility in your company...
Thanks
worst job
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 1, 2016
This is the worst job to work. Beaumont office has a high turn over. If u get hired turn down the job and run. Worst job I've worked at. Supervisors don't care for their employees.
Pros
off holidays
Cons
no 15 minute breaks
Texas Works Advisor I
Texas Works Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 27, 2016
Pressure and stress from management to complete unrealistic case load is high. Not a family friendly environment for those with children. Be prepared to be away for up to 6 months for training. If you have to call in, be prepared to receive backlash from co-workers who have to cover your caseload/appointments for the day on top of what is already scheduled for them. (Client appointments every 30 minutes throughout the whole day)
Pros
Hey, its a job. GED/High School diploma will get you the job.
Cons
unrealistic demands, stress. Not family friendly. Does not adjust pay scale for those with a college education.
Home health care provider
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 12, 2016
My typical day at work start 5am making breakfast,washing dishes an all around cleaning the home. Not some much a company but I like the poeple I work with
Pros
I enjoy helping my client with her day.
Excellent company.
Eligibility Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXOctober 9, 2015
Health and Human Services was a very rewarding job. Assisted needy clients. Interviewed clients to determine eligibility for Tanf, Medicaid and Food Stamps.