Health Advocate

Health Advocate United States Employee Reviews

Great company!
Biometric Screener (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Cons: work is on a prn basis
Busy off and on during the day. Every day is different. Coordinators are exceptional!
Cool internship at up and coming company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2014
Call center environment. co-workers and supervision was very helpful. provided excellent training.
A good company to work for. Pleasant atmosphere.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 12, 2014
Pros: overtime available, free luncheons provided once a month, drawings for free ipad's or gift cards for the employee's that reached their call quota weekly.
Cons: half hour for lunch.. not enough time to attend the luncheons and still have time to eat.
Review a list of Medicare Members that have not had their Wellcare Screening tests. Made phone calls to Medicare Members to find out if they had these tests. As an incentive to have these tests done, we offered the members a $25.00 gift card for each test completed and proof provided to us. For the Members that have not had these tests done. I would help them get an appointment by calling their Doctor and setting it up. Confirm again with member that the time and date is convenient for them. Follow up with the Member again after their appointment so that we could update their information.
a joke
Benefits specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth meeting, paFebruary 28, 2014
Spent most of the day making calls to third party administrators about the most mundane issues. Too many steps to resolve simple issues. Benefits are the absolute worst and that don't invest in their employees. Don't apply. A real joke.
Fast pase
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Enter consent forms into computer. Up to 400 consent forms a day.
Wonderful co-workers, diverse work places.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington stateJanuary 9, 2014
We traveled around the state to whichever city we were needed. We were placed in (mostly) nice hotels and traveled to the place of work in the morning. Management was always accessible, and any concerns were dealt with immediately.
Health Adovate has a Professional workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 16, 2013
I enjoy working at Health Advocate because of the professionalism from management on down.
A temporary job that was within my skill set.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 22, 2013
At the beginning of the day, I would log onto the company's database and look at the list of customers that I was assigned. I would call the ones that I hadn't yet contacted first, then contact the ones that I first called a month earlier but did not have the time then to talk. My supervisor was a temp like me (we both were employed by the same agency) and was there to answer any questions that I had. The other employees were also temps that were there a month before I was hired.
Resourceful and self starter. I also love a challenge
Senior Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 10, 2013
Pros: challenging, fast pace
Cons: call center environment
Experienced in employer group benefits. I deal with active employee's and retiree's.

I deal with Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare,.

Very knowledgeable HMO,PPO and POS plans. Plan comparisons and plan design.

Work closely with insurance carriers and other third party venders.

The job is very challenging because the company deals with 5000 employer groups, so you have to be knowledgeable of all company benefits.

Informed on the new health care reform.

Responsible for training new employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free health screenings, 3 miles from my house
Cons: it was a temp job
I enjoyed working at Health Advocate calling Elderly members of United Health to remind them of their Health Screenings and helping them to find primary care physcians, specialist, and means of transportation. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to brighten or help an elderly person. I have learned to be patient with the elderly because there were times they don't hear you on the phone and sometimes they couldn't recall the last time they visited their physician. Health Advocate is a Productive and fun workplace.
sometimes stressful but overall a good job
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: no weekends
Cons: impatient people
provider searches
outbound calling
finding in network providers for members
Growing company
Benefits Specialist/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: job stability
Cons: n/a
Stable company to work for with upward mobility. Along with great benefits and perks.
Not A Place For Me
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee)October 26, 2011
I was led to believe that HA would be a place to grow and achieve goals. However it wasn't....no career advancement.....bad pay