Health Advocate Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun and Family Oriented Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work was making calls and making that the spotlights were closed. I learned that Medicare makes sure that their customers have their year testing as well as check ups. The co workers were a family they helped out whenever was needed. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet the quota for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for the good work and for meeting your quotas.
Pros
This is a company that really appreciates their employees
Cons
It is very hard to get a permanent job with company
Not the Company to grow with
Customer Care Associate/Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 3, 2016
It's rather a dreary Company where the Upper Management has absolutely no idea what they are doing or how to effectively serve the clients.
Offers good product to employer group
Claims Specialist/ Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 3, 2015
wonderful co-workers that help you out, flexible schedules. Good place for those just starting to gain professional experience.
fun, great pay
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for! I wish I had a permanent position with this company. The pay is great and so are the hotels they sent me to. No complaints!
Pros
great salary
Cons
not permanent
Health Advocate
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 11, 2015
- Managing biometrics database for various clients.
- Validating information, calling doctors to confirm biometrics information, entering information into a database for Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Confirming work of peers as part of a cross-check process to ensure accurate information.
Great company!
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Busy off and on during the day. Every day is different. Coordinators are exceptional!
Cons
work is on a prn basis
A good company to work for. Pleasant atmosphere.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 12, 2014
Review a list of Medicare Members that have not had their Wellcare Screening tests. Made phone calls to Medicare Members to find out if they had these tests. As an incentive to have these tests done, we offered the members a $25.00 gift card for each test completed and proof provided to us. For the Members that have not had these tests done. I would help them get an appointment by calling their Doctor and setting it up. Confirm again with member that the time and date is convenient for them. Follow up with the Member again after their appointment so that we could update their information.
Pros
overtime available, free luncheons provided once a month, drawings for free ipad's or gift cards for the employee's that reached their call quota weekly.
Cons
half hour for lunch.. not enough time to attend the luncheons and still have time to eat.
a joke
Benefits specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth meeting, paFebruary 28, 2014
Spent most of the day making calls to third party administrators about the most mundane issues. Too many steps to resolve simple issues. Benefits are the absolute worst and that don't invest in their employees. Don't apply. A real joke.
Fast pase
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Enter consent forms into computer. Up to 400 consent forms a day.
Wonderful co-workers, diverse work places.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington stateJanuary 9, 2014
We traveled around the state to whichever city we were needed. We were placed in (mostly) nice hotels and traveled to the place of work in the morning. Management was always accessible, and any concerns were dealt with immediately.
Health Adovate has a Professional workplace
CSR (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 16, 2013
I enjoy working at Health Advocate because of the professionalism from management on down.
A temporary job that was within my skill set.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 22, 2013
At the beginning of the day, I would log onto the company's database and look at the list of customers that I was assigned. I would call the ones that I hadn't yet contacted first, then contact the ones that I first called a month earlier but did not have the time then to talk. My supervisor was a temp like me (we both were employed by the same agency) and was there to answer any questions that I had. The other employees were also temps that were there a month before I was hired.
Resourceful and self starter. I also love a challenge
Senior Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 10, 2013
Experienced in employer group benefits. I deal with active employee's and retiree's.

I deal with Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare,.

Very knowledgeable HMO,PPO and POS plans. Plan comparisons and plan design.

Work closely with insurance carriers and other third party venders.

The job is very challenging because the company deals with 5000 employer groups, so you have to be knowledgeable of all company benefits.

Informed on the new health care reform.

Responsible for training new employees.
Pros
challenging, fast pace
Cons
call center environment
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at Health Advocate calling Elderly members of United Health to remind them of their Health Screenings and helping them to find primary care physcians, specialist, and means of transportation. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to brighten or help an elderly person. I have learned to be patient with the elderly because there were times they don't hear you on the phone and sometimes they couldn't recall the last time they visited their physician. Health Advocate is a Productive and fun workplace.
Pros
free health screenings, 3 miles from my house
Cons
it was a temp job
sometimes stressful but overall a good job
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 23, 2012
provider searches
outbound calling
finding in network providers for members
Pros
no weekends
Cons
impatient people
Growing company
Benefits Specialist/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 18, 2012
Stable company to work for with upward mobility. Along with great benefits and perks.
Pros
job stability
Cons
n/a
Not A Place For Me
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee)October 26, 2011
I was led to believe that HA would be a place to grow and achieve goals. However it wasn't....no career advancement.....bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Advocate. Our community is ready to answer.

Health Advocate Reviews by Location