Health Advocate Employee Reviews

Favorites Only
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 23, 2017
Only work here if you need money and have no other options. This company heavily believes in micro managing. There was a shift in management and conversation between different departments is discouraged. There is room for advancement for favorites only no matter how new they are or their experience level. Sales and account managers make up the company. Supervisor can't even answer basic questions. Benefits, if you think $3000 individual health plan deductible is a benefit then this is the place for you. Bad business and scare tactics ensure quality employee are long gone.
Pros
A steady paycheck
Cons
Timeed bathroom breaks, the company is all management and sales, not a pleaseant work environment
strange
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 30, 2017
this is a call center. the atmosphere is meant for some, not for me. timed bathroom breaks, and being confronted by management for relieving myself was extremely uncomfortable
okay cafe
Benefit Specialist Lead - Part time (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 24, 2017
nice co-workers
raises are horrible
supervisors are micromanaging
no more bonuses given
hours are okay
Good job security, but work-life balance needs to be improved.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 8, 2017
Good job security, but need for better work-life balance for staff. Solid company. Good local reputation. Free coffee. If you live near Exton, it's a great place. Otherwise the commute is a bear. Little to no opportunity to work from home or from other sites. Little opportunity for career advancement. Big disconnect between management and front line staff. Lack of cultural diversity. Free lunches once a month. Inconsistent policies, lack of organization, Extreme favoritism and back room deals. Lack of transparency. Management vision is short-sited/myopic. More focus on quantity than quality. Certain staff are lauded in front of others, putting a target on their back and engendering resentment/lack of esprit de corps. Painfully obvious that management has no idea what is happening on the call center floor. Arbitrary polices and performance benchmarks devised by upper level management that does not work on the call center floor. Call dumping. Lack of individual accountability. Enabling. Management refuses to address issues around problematic workplace culture. Lack of teamwork. Employees are pitted against each other in what is deemed to be "healthy competition" for individual statistics. Mixed messages. More focus on trying to control staff rather than focusing on what is best for our stakeholders and the company as a whole. Fear of change. Resistance to feedback from front line staff. There is a great push to keep things the way they have always been. Positive change takes forever. Nice rural location. Performance reviews are more  more... negative than positive. Significant lack of support for front line staff and we have lost good people for that reason. Poor morale. Recent improvements in the case management system. Lack of collaboration with the rest of the company. Silo mentality; isolationist mentality that holds us back. Little to no camaraderie. On-call duties. Nice parks nearby.  less
Pros
Good, strong company with a great local reputation, Free tea and coffee, Free lunch once a month, Some nice co-workers.
Cons
lack of vision, favoritism, unclear policies, commute, rigidity, lack of consistency.
Worst place to work for since you are expected to work overtime but the complain about it.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 9, 2017
They will hire an older worker part-time but not full-time. They should be looked into for deception and fraud in hiring people. Older workers should sue for age discrimination. They seldom hire anyone over 55.
Pros
Free luncheons once a month.
Cons
Work you to death with no breaks
Productive, Fun and Family Oriented Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work was making calls and making that the spotlights were closed. I learned that Medicare makes sure that their customers have their year testing as well as check ups. The co workers were a family they helped out whenever was needed. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet the quota for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded for the good work and for meeting your quotas.
Pros
This is a company that really appreciates their employees
Cons
It is very hard to get a permanent job with company
Not the Company to grow with
Customer Care Associate/Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 3, 2016
It's rather a dreary Company where the Upper Management has absolutely no idea what they are doing or how to effectively serve the clients.
Offers good product to employer group
Claims Specialist/ Advocate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 3, 2015
wonderful co-workers that help you out, flexible schedules. Good place for those just starting to gain professional experience.
fun, great pay
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for! I wish I had a permanent position with this company. The pay is great and so are the hotels they sent me to. No complaints!
Pros
great salary
Cons
not permanent
Health Advocate
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 11, 2015
- Managing biometrics database for various clients.
- Validating information, calling doctors to confirm biometrics information, entering information into a database for Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Confirming work of peers as part of a cross-check process to ensure accurate information.
Great company!
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Busy off and on during the day. Every day is different. Coordinators are exceptional!
Cons
Work is on a PRN basis
Cool internship at up and coming company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 27, 2014
Call center environment. co-workers and supervision was very helpful. provided excellent training.
A good company to work for. Pleasant atmosphere.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 12, 2014
Review a list of Medicare Members that have not had their Wellcare Screening tests. Made phone calls to Medicare Members to find out if they had these tests. As an incentive to have these tests done, we offered the members a $25.00 gift card for each test completed and proof provided to us. For the Members that have not had these tests done. I would help them get an appointment by calling their Doctor and setting it up. Confirm again with member that the time and date is convenient for them. Follow up with the Member again after their appointment so that we could update their information.
Pros
Overtime available, free luncheons provided once a month, drawings for free IPad's or gift cards for the employee's that reached their call quota weekly.
Cons
Half hour for lunch.. not enough time to attend the luncheons and still have time to eat.
a joke
Benefits specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth meeting, paFebruary 28, 2014
Spent most of the day making calls to third party administrators about the most mundane issues. Too many steps to resolve simple issues. Benefits are the absolute worst and that don't invest in their employees. Don't apply. A real joke.
Fast pase
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Enter consent forms into computer. Up to 400 consent forms a day.
Wonderful co-workers, diverse work places.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington stateJanuary 9, 2014
We traveled around the state to whichever city we were needed. We were placed in (mostly) nice hotels and traveled to the place of work in the morning. Management was always accessible, and any concerns were dealt with immediately.
Health Adovate has a Professional workplace
CSR (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 16, 2013
I enjoy working at Health Advocate because of the professionalism from management on down.
A temporary job that was within my skill set.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 22, 2013
At the beginning of the day, I would log onto the company's database and look at the list of customers that I was assigned. I would call the ones that I hadn't yet contacted first, then contact the ones that I first called a month earlier but did not have the time then to talk. My supervisor was a temp like me (we both were employed by the same agency) and was there to answer any questions that I had. The other employees were also temps that were there a month before I was hired.
Resourceful and self starter. I also love a challenge
Senior Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 10, 2013
Experienced in employer group benefits. I deal with active employee's and retiree's.

I deal with Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare,.

Very knowledgeable HMO,PPO and POS plans. Plan comparisons and plan design.

Work closely with insurance carriers and other third party venders.

The job is very challenging because the company deals with 5000 employer groups, so you have to be knowledgeable of all company benefits.

Informed on the new health care reform.

Responsible for training new employees.
Pros
challenging, fast pace
Cons
call center environment
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 23, 2013
I enjoyed working at Health Advocate calling Elderly members of United Health to remind them of their Health Screenings and helping them to find primary care physcians, specialist, and means of transportation. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to brighten or help an elderly person. I have learned to be patient with the elderly because there were times they don't hear you on the phone and sometimes they couldn't recall the last time they visited their physician. Health Advocate is a Productive and fun workplace.
Pros
free health screenings, 3 miles from my house
Cons
it was a temp job