Health Advocates Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work. Great communication with upper management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 19, 2016
I have worked per diem with Health Advocates for 3 years the first year as a health screener and the past 2 years as an onsite coordinator. I love being able to work the hours, so I can balance family/work. Upper management is great at communicating and always improving and upgrading.
Productive, quiet workplace with room to grow
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 14, 2015
Health Advocates was a 9 to 5 full time job. I would go to work everyday, and work different files to help approve people for medical benefits.My co workers were very much to themselves. I had a few co workers that were extermly friendly and with those iI got along with very well.. the hardest part of the job was doing the job while i was in bad physical health at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing thagt I was helping others.
Too much work for little pay
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Low pay and micro management. Employees are miserable and don't get the pay they deserve. Raises are compared to those of a fast food joint. Company makes millions but only management reeks the benefits while the employees are struggling to make ends meet.
Pros
half day fridays
Cons
short breaks, pay, raises
Not the best place to work at
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CaMarch 22, 2015
Compensation is not worth the work you put in. You are overworked but not paid nearly enough. They say your raise depends on your performance, but I know that is most definitely not the case after finding out what other coworkers' raises were. This job drains you mentally. I don't think an employer that expects so much from you should be stingy with a yearly raise.
Pros
short fridays
Cons
everything else
Loved helping others
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The best part of my day was to assist those who really needed financial assistance in order to pay for their hospital bills. The look of appreciation on these people's faces and knowing that you had helped someone completely unknown to you was the most rewarding feeling at the end of the day.
Pros
minimal supervision, fridays are half-days, mostly all holidays observed
Cons
not much advancement could be made, small raises each year
Employees are just numbers, not people
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 5, 2014
Just to give you a heads up, any of the positive reviews are CLEARLY made up from management. None of the regular employees would write such positive reviews.
Pros
you get out at 12:30 on fridays but you work 8.75 hour days... so its not that much of a plus...
Cons
everything... terrible salary, owners that execute rules that make make no sense that make your life harder, unreasonable work loads, harassment by management when you aren't able to do the work of two human beings...
I loved working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 14, 2015
The hours were great everybody was nice and friendly I love doing office work because I never had a chance to be bored. I loved the fast pace environment I love always moving and feeling like I was an important part of the company. Talk to new and exciting people felt good to me. My co-workers and the management was always nice and respectful it was such a great atmosphere.
High turnover rate
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 16, 2014
Typical day would be clocking in , logging on to your computer and making calls from files to see if anyone in your case load qualifies for Medi-cal . You are timed and if you take to long you will get counseling from management. You never can get thru the case load they give you in the amount of time they want you to finish and it continues to grow . AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
off early in friday's
Cons
pay, case load, management
Excellent experience in Social Work
Field Representative/Medi-Cal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Escondido CADecember 19, 2014
My day consisted of arriving at the office and picking up any new field requests for the day; adding to the previous days' workload. I learned how to assist patients in filling out Medi-Cal and SSA applications, how and where to collect verifications needed and file them at a government office corresponding to their home. I did not work too much with others as I drove a company vehicle and was on the road most of the day. My direct supervisor was an excellent manager who trusted me and did not micromanage. The hardest part of the job was that the company was somewhat reluctant to advance technologically, ie. needing to make copies but was not provided a copy machine or petty cash to do so. Overall, my experience with HA was enjoyable and proved a good learning environment in this field.
Productive and fun working place with free breakfast.
SSI/Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 9, 2014
Help disabled people get State Disability Benefits. I always feel I have accomplished something at the end of work week
Pros
help people in need. leave every friday @ 12:30pm.
Cons
pay could be better
A great way of giving back.
Administrative assistant/ Case manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 13, 2013
Aids healthcare foundation wasn't only a job it was a way to give back to the community. I always felt like I accomplished something at the end of my workday. How many times can one say that?
Pros
great pay, helped people in need.
Cons
management could sometimes step over their boundaries.
case management
case manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Case Management, calling referred patient and screening them via phone. if they qualify complete medi-cal application over phone. people have over 60 cases on their desk and are expected to exhaust all avenues to protect time frame to apply for medi-cal or to complete applications
Pros
friday off @ 12:30pm
Cons
workload is outrages
Any 5 stars are fake
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
horrible place to work as they are demeaning and compared to an abusive relationship.
Managers have no idea what they are doing, and turn the tables when you bring something to their attention.
Pros
holidays
Cons
pay, managers, impossible expectations
Horrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 18, 2014
Outrages work load and expectations. Major favoratism and discrimination. Managers lack integrity and skills and they all cover up for each other. Little pay for the amount of work they give. Office moral is garbage.This is the worst place I have ever worked for!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Health Advocates harvests a toxic environment.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 18, 2014
Health Advocates provides a great service for the public, but treats their employees like dogs.
Pros
get out at noon every friday
Cons
degrading managers
great for on call position
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  grand rapids miOctober 10, 2013
The work is fun, fast passed and helpful to others. The position is great as a second job because it is all on call.

2.9