Health Advocates Employee Reviews

very stressful environment
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 7, 2017
Very stressful environment. I would not recommend this job. Supervisors have unreachable goals for their employees. The job is very stressful as is the work environment.
Pros
fruit
Cons
demanding supervisors
Helping people get their Social Security
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 1, 2017
Everyday I would call the client and get all medical and financial information. The clients were usually denied for social security disability and we are trying to get our lawyers to take the case so they can start receiving their money since they can not work due to illness or injuries.
Pros
Get to help people get some type of monthly income
Cons
Having to listen to peoples problems that you can't help them with sometimes.
fun wrk place
On Call Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day setting up your work day and all your equipment to do the job. Meet and greet your patients and do screening on them checking BP, Height, Weight and glucose levels
Co works are great helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
on call
Aweful, horrible, don't even bother
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 22, 2016
The job itself is easy and helping people is what this place pretends to offer. Employees are disposable, revolving door. This place doesn't care about patients rather, the per diem they can make. They expect you to work the amount of two people, management is a joke when you find yourself training THEM. HR does nothing for the employees rights, pointless meetings, no one knows what is going on, some employees get $30/HR as lifers (if they like you) and others get lousy pay, no room for advancement. Just garbage. Don't waste your time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, micromanaged by idiots
Hours are great
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAAugust 19, 2016
No future advancement, so much work for such little pay. Friendly environment and staff. Hours are great and location is near me.
Pros
Hours and HR helpful
Cons
Not enough pay
Dont Believe Positive Reviews
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 23, 2016
I was a manager for a department. I know for a fact the psitive reviews Re fake. I was told to enlist people in the department to have them out fake reviews.

The director i worked under was brand new and she has no idea what she is doing. She was highly demanding and didnt understand alot. As much as the employees struggle we as managers really dont care. They have a job to do and should be happy they one this day in age.
Pros
Manager Perks
Cons
People. Rules. Work.
Great place to work. Great communication with upper management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 19, 2016
I have worked per diem with Health Advocates for 3 years the first year as a health screener and the past 2 years as an onsite coordinator. I love being able to work the hours, so I can balance family/work. Upper management is great at communicating and always improving and upgrading.
High stress environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 15, 2016
They have a very strict work enviornment. They have a very high level of supervision.Not an ideal place to work for people looking for flexibility in their work schedules.
Productive, quiet workplace with room to grow
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 14, 2015
Health Advocates was a 9 to 5 full time job. I would go to work everyday, and work different files to help approve people for medical benefits.My co workers were very much to themselves. I had a few co workers that were extermly friendly and with those iI got along with very well.. the hardest part of the job was doing the job while i was in bad physical health at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing thagt I was helping others.
Not the best place to work at
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CaMarch 22, 2015
Compensation is not worth the work you put in. You are overworked but not paid nearly enough. They say your raise depends on your performance, but I know that is most definitely not the case after finding out what other coworkers' raises were. This job drains you mentally. I don't think an employer that expects so much from you should be stingy with a yearly raise.
Pros
Short Fridays
Cons
Everything else
Too much work for little pay
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Low pay and micro management. Employees are miserable and don't get the pay they deserve. Raises are compared to those of a fast food joint. Company makes millions but only management reeks the benefits while the employees are struggling to make ends meet.
Pros
half day Fridays
Cons
short breaks, pay, raises
I loved working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 14, 2015
The hours were great everybody was nice and friendly I love doing office work because I never had a chance to be bored. I loved the fast pace environment I love always moving and feeling like I was an important part of the company. Talk to new and exciting people felt good to me. My co-workers and the management was always nice and respectful it was such a great atmosphere.
Any 5 stars are fake
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 10, 2015
horrible place to work as they are demeaning and compared to an abusive relationship.
Managers have no idea what they are doing, and turn the tables when you bring something to their attention.
Pros
holidays
Cons
pay, managers, impossible expectations
Loved helping others
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The best part of my day was to assist those who really needed financial assistance in order to pay for their hospital bills. The look of appreciation on these people's faces and knowing that you had helped someone completely unknown to you was the most rewarding feeling at the end of the day.
Pros
Minimal supervision, Fridays are half-days, Mostly all holidays observed
Cons
Not much advancement could be made, small raises each year
Excellent experience in Social Work
Field Representative/Medi-Cal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Escondido CADecember 19, 2014
My day consisted of arriving at the office and picking up any new field requests for the day; adding to the previous days' workload. I learned how to assist patients in filling out Medi-Cal and SSA applications, how and where to collect verifications needed and file them at a government office corresponding to their home. I did not work too much with others as I drove a company vehicle and was on the road most of the day. My direct supervisor was an excellent manager who trusted me and did not micromanage. The hardest part of the job was that the company was somewhat reluctant to advance technologically, ie. needing to make copies but was not provided a copy machine or petty cash to do so. Overall, my experience with HA was enjoyable and proved a good learning environment in this field.
High turnover rate
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 16, 2014
Typical day would be clocking in , logging on to your computer and making calls from files to see if anyone in your case load qualifies for Medi-cal . You are timed and if you take to long you will get counseling from management. You never can get thru the case load they give you in the amount of time they want you to finish and it continues to grow . AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Off early in Friday's
Cons
Pay, Case load, management
Employees are just numbers, not people
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 5, 2014
Just to give you a heads up, any of the positive reviews are CLEARLY made up from management. None of the regular employees would write such positive reviews.
Pros
you get out at 12:30 on Fridays BUT you work 8.75 hour days... so its not that much of a plus...
Cons
Everything... Terrible salary, owners that execute rules that make make no sense that make your life harder, unreasonable work loads, harassment by management when you aren't able to do the work of two human beings...
Productive and fun working place with free breakfast.
SSI/Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 9, 2014
Help disabled people get State Disability Benefits. I always feel I have accomplished something at the end of work week
Pros
Help people in need. Leave every Friday @ 12:30pm.
Cons
Pay could be better
Health Advocates harvests a toxic environment.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 18, 2014
Health Advocates provides a great service for the public, but treats their employees like dogs.
Pros
Get out at noon every Friday
Cons
Degrading Managers
Horrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 18, 2014
Outrages work load and expectations. Major favoratism and discrimination. Managers lack integrity and skills and they all cover up for each other. Little pay for the amount of work they give. Office moral is garbage.This is the worst place I have ever worked for!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8