Health at Home Employee Reviews in United States

Organized and friendly
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Van, TXNovember 4, 2015
The owner is very friendly yet very buisness minded. Great place to work. Definitley a work family that cares for patients.
Great Job & Career
SALES CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2015
This was a great job, but they had a change in corporate structure. Selling Home Healthcare in a saturated area such as South Florida was a challenge, but one I took on with a positive attitude and remarkable work ethics.
I successfully Sold Home Healthcare Services for Medicare & Replacement Plans, Private Duty & Incremental Services, & Workman’s Compensation through referrals in an assigned territory (Reached Goal & Commission).
I was able to signed on a Medical Director to provide guidance, leadership, oversight & quality assurance for the agency.
I maintaining a productive relationship & effectively presented to Physician’s, Administration, Nurses, & Social Workers, information on existing products & new innovative options for improving Home Healthcare to benefit patient’s.
I coordinated & conducted luncheons at Hospitals, Care Facilities, Rehabilitation Centers, & Physicians’ Offices.
Pros
Interaction with Physician’s, Administration, Nurses, & Social Workers, & Staff as well a Patients
Cons
The Home Healthcare Industry, such as doctor's and facilities, never heard of the company and were committed to other agencies.
competitive homecare agency
Home Care Supervisor/ Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 28, 2015
clients were appreciative of what they provide
clients were very nice to work with and liked services provided
complaints got addressed in timely manner
Cons
communication could be better
Respectful and loving work place
C.N.A./ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 10, 2015
Being able to work and being able to provide service to the elders brings me joy. I always enjoy their stories about the pass, it gives me a glimpse of how their lives were in the pass. Whenever I have a question my supervisor is always there to assist me. I truly love working for them.
Pros
Meet new people
was a good place too learn
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSMay 2, 2014
Was a good starting job...but after people passed away hours decreased and then there was no work...very disappointed
Pros
good shifts at times
Cons
lack of pay, parking horrible, turn over huge
Case Manager
RN (Former Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSApril 30, 2014
Micro-management, NO lunch breaks, poor communication, you will be written up for 1 minute, and corporate supports this - STAY AWAY. Unique Home Health agency - pay salary they will exploit you, working nights and weekends and if your sick your written up. I found out only after the fact they have a bad rep in Kansas.
Pros
nice clients
Cons
high turnover and bad management.
The stellar reviews MUST BE fake!
misc (Former Employee) –  miscMarch 16, 2014
Stay away! Unethical, immoral practices from top management all the way down. Very high turnover. Poor pay for the Aides without mileage. There is a reason they have had to change their name several times over the past few years. Shocked they have not been shut down by the state but probably just a matter of time.
Cons
high turnover, unethical practice, frequent name changes due to awful surveys
Friendly family atmoshere
Financial Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL 33445February 22, 2014
Helping Seniors pay bills, open mail, do banking

About Home Health agency

Management was great to work with as well as co-workers

Residents with Dementia losing important papers

Assisting seniors!!
Pros
beautiful well maintained office, great staff to work with, friday morning bagels, holiday party, really enjoyed working with health at home
Cons
not enough hours to receive full benefits
Health At Home is the best place to work for.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTJanuary 29, 2014
I love working for Health At home they are wonderful people.
Pros
they make sure you get some hours.
Cons
even being a part time person you can get health befits.
Caring, committment to the retired
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 8, 2013
Productive serving environment caring for the retired individual in the comfort of their homes.
Okay place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTSeptember 13, 2013
High staff turn over. Love working with the elderly. Management never stays.
Pros
high turn over
Cons
1 hour lunch
Challenging workplace with amazing patients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work for me was Maintaining records of patient care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.Check patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration.Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
Care for patients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care. I learned how important quality patient care is and provided nothing less than the best for my clients that I provided services for. I only saw my co-workers during quarterly in services but enjoyed talking with them and learning new ways to provide better patient care for my clients. The hardest part of the job to me was when a patient would pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was putting a smile on my patients face and ensuring they were given the best care possible.
Pros
dental health coverage was affordable
Cons
health insurance was to expensive
Good Benefits
Office Manager/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 31, 2013
Health at Home is a good company to work for. However it is a little unstable right now due to a merger. They have great benefits, It's been a great experience.
Great company and culture
Director of Operations Management (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 28, 2013
Great company and culture.Midwestern values. Senior living industry leader.
High volume productive work-place
AR Collections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 5, 2013
I have an excellent understanding of my job expectations;there was no hands on training for my position, I have developed and taught myself the requirements needed to performed my duties successfully
I have worked solely and educated myself to ensure business needs as well as client needs are met on a timely manner. I have put forth a meet all product goals and objectives as my collection effort can attest to that fact.
Pros
2.customer service is key to a successful company, and i pride myself to respond to our clients with understanding, knowledge, kindness and answering our customer needs as quickly as possible
Seasoned culinary professional with a proven track record as an Executive Chef
Private chef- self-employed job (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2013
Seasoned culinary professional with a proven track record as an Executive Chef, Consultant Chef and Private Chef and in designing and executing menus for various events and private dinners. Work with clients on creating meal pairings with wines and spirits. Former restaurant owner in my native Brazil. Currently private chef in a Manhattan home.

Each client has a different set of wants and needs and I will work with you to make sure all of your desires and expectations are fulfilled. Each menu is tailored and tweaked to meet your needs.

As far as the food, everything is home made. As a classically trained chef I use only the freshest ingredients. There are never any shortcuts in my kitchen.

Specialties: Healthy cuisine, menu preparation, wine pairings, food expense management, inventory management, event coordination.
Good place for residents who are independent, not for sick ones in nursing home
Health at Home (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MdMarch 13, 2013
Multiple management changes in 4 yrs, poor communication, Management talks about former employees in negative light.
It's a beautiful place for the residents.
Pros
nice residents
Cons
no breaks, poor pay
Unstable Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJanuary 25, 2013
Not a good place to be employed. The state of CT should stay on top of this office. Management changes with the seasons.
Cons
poor upper management, hipaa violations galore.
Hardworking, Outgoing
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2012
I am very outgoing easy to get along with I am a joy
To be around I love doing CNA work I love helping
Pros
puting a smile on the residents face
Cons
having to leave them at the end of day
Health ups and downs
CNA (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSJuly 29, 2012
A typical day at work is fast pace, taking care of clients, answering calls, and alot of walking. I learned that communcation is very important, and you have to learn to manage time so that you want fall behind at work. The hardest thing about this job is seeing people in pain and you cann't help them. What i enjoy the most is listen to stories about the life.
Pros
meeting new people, and traveling to one place only.
Cons
not enough parking, not enough hours